Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,784 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 55 min ago by Quincey P. Morris
hbc07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Started out with:
RRBC - Pliny
Great Divide- 18th ann. wood aged iipa
oskar blues - deviant dales iipa
migration - the duece ann. iipa

currently on:

(also making a strawberry margarita pie or somesuch with spartan)
hbc07
AG
i've been trying to keep track on a spreadsheet (which oft times can be hard to due with a lot of drinking), but i've tried at least 134 different beers since octoberish. i don't know how i could live anywhere else without the variety at bottle shops and bars
BSD
AG
You live in the honey hole for fine beers! Between Belmont and Horse Brass alone, I could be happy for years and years.
hbc07
AG
indeed i do! just let me know if anything from these glorious regions are calling your name again.

up next:

this beer courtesy of nervy!

note the strawberries in the background for the pie.

unrelated note: since i've become addicted to brewing my own beer while the first batch has been fermenting... once mt hood strawberries come into season, i'm thinking about making a wheat beer with strawberries and marionberries.

[This message has been edited by hbc07 (edited 4/20/2012 11:37p).]
bonfirewillburn
AG
hey hbc can you shoot me an email, in my profile??

AG
email sent.
army01
AG
Tonight's round 1:

jetch17
AG
A fun day at City Acre today... Sorry for the blurry pics, but had a good Saison, Belgian, IPA & black IBA.

And a pretty nice little deluvery from BSD:
- Russian River Beatification
- 3 Floyd's Dark Lord
- 3 Floyd's/brewdog B***h please
- DFH 75 min
- Founders breakfast stout
- Deviant Dales

[This message has been edited by jetch17 (edited 4/23/2012 7:07a).]
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

This was excellent. Not as hoppy as I would have liked, but lived up to expectations.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
It's BEER TIME!

I first had Bucking Bock on Northgate at one of the old school bars. That mug was not very good and it formed my early opinion of Rahr's Spring seasonal. A grocery shopping trip to my HEB found a single of Bucking Bock in my cart. Ok, I'll get Fritz Rahr a second chance.

This maibock looks great in a a glass. The color is a deep, dark gold and very inviting. The taste up front is good. The taste changes from initial touch with the tongue to the finish. I would like a different finish but overall this bottle of Bucking Bock is MUCH better than the pint of keg Bock I had earlier.

Overall I will give this one good marks. The Abita Andygator on draft also gets good marks. I'll choose it on draft but won't pay a bomber bottle price for it. It's NOT that good.

Enjoy great beers my friends!
hbc07
AG
It finally happened....

Wow. The smell is dead on with the smell of the bacon maple bar. The taste on the other hand.... very, very smoky and salty, but then it finishes with a somewhat sweet flavor.

The pairing of the bacon maple ale and the bacon maple bar is actually pretty good. But can't really say I'd buy this beer again (which is good since Rogue just released their last cases of it).
army01
AG
Not a fan of the Voodoo beer....the bar, however, looks great.

Here's my current drink:

Trying to make room for some other singles I picked up yesterday. Nothing special. Isn't bad, but nothing memorable either.
BSD
AG
Tonight's bounty:

jetch17
AG
Dayum, a fine bounty indeed
BSD
AG
Looking back, drinking til 2:00am wasn't too bright an idea when I had to be at Hermann Park and the zoo early this morning. I think it's about nap time. The Dark Lord was good though!
BSD
AG
quote:
It finally happened....But can't really say I'd buy this beer again (which is good since Rogue just released their last cases of it).

I am with you on this. I'm glad I was able to try it but it's not my thing. The actual bar, though...anytime!
jetch17
AG
I still have 2 voodoos in the fridge, with no urge to open them anytime soon. The donut itself looks bone-riffic though
713nervy
AG
I also have two VooDoos in the fridge.

When visiting Rogue with hbc/spartan I talked to a stranger who let me have a taste, and yikes. I tasted that for quite sometime afterward.
hbc07
AG
Oh don't worry, I drank the whole bottle in one sitting. I've had worse challenges.
BSD
AG
quote:
A fun day at City Acre today... Sorry for the blurry pics, but had a good Saison, Belgian, IBA & black IPA.

Thanks again for the invite to that. It was a perfect day out there and I loved that black IPA. I just hope they move locations!!! (and hope green sweater girl makes another appearance the next time we're there)
cpscAG06
AG
BSD where do you live and how can we become friends
army01
AG
Dessert:

A little alcoholly, but overall, a nice beer.
713nervy
AG
Deep Ellum beer dinner tonight at The Common Table in Dallas. Holy moly.

Their blonde is forever retired due to the popularity of the rye pilsner. Also delicious was the wit, IPA, Dream Crusher DIPA, and the most delicious imperial stout I have ever tasted, Darkest Hour.

Oh baby brewery, I lurve you long time.

[This message has been edited by 713nervy (edited 4/23/2012 11:27p).]
62strat
AG
anybody see/try the new sam adams limited releases? I saw 4 of em at specs.. almost got the ipa, but when with hop rising it was on sale for $7, and beer guy gave S.A. a so/so rating.

http://www.samueladams.com/enjoy-our-beer/beer-guide.aspx

at the very bottom.

BSD
AG
I had the Sam Adams Third Voyage about a month or so ago. It was meh. The St Arnolds Endeavour blew it away in my book. I posted my rankings of a DIPA night at my house back on page 50 and the Third Voyage finished last.
rhoswen
AG
Just FYI

A few of us will be there
jetch17
AG
Saint A still peddlin the stout out of season. I guess theyre just tryin to spread the casks around.

i dont know that i can ever drink Saint A Stout again after they tried pawning it off on us during the middle of summer last year during the Saint A softball tournament.
aggiespartan
AG
NERVYYY - just found out that Cascade is bottling their strawberry Thursday for a June release.
jh0400
AG
quote:
Saint A still peddlin the stout out of season. I guess theyre just tryin to spread the casks around.

i dont know that i can ever drink Saint A Stout again after they tried pawning it off on us during the middle of summer last year during the Saint A softball tournament.

On the flip side, they pawned off a ****load of Summer Pils at a couple of UH tailgates last year, and it was glorious.
jetch17
AG
THATS better. I polished off a sixer of Summer Pils last night

one of the seasonals i dont mind coming out early, although it would be nice if they actually make enough this year to last THROUGH the summer. I dont really want Oktoberfest in July....

[This message has been edited by jetch17 (edited 4/24/2012 1:36p).]
713nervy
AG
quote:
NERVYYY - just found out that Cascade is bottling their strawberry Thursday for a June release.

AHHHHH! LOVE!!! I am trying to convince a couple more people to make a summer trip with me back up there
AgDrumma07
AG
This is the only beer I've ever thrown away. Tastes and smells like cat piss.

jah003
S
quote:
anybody see/try the new sam adams limited releases? I saw 4 of em at specs.. almost got the ipa, but when with hop rising it was on sale for $7, and beer guy gave S.A. a so/so rating.

http://www.samueladams.com/enjoy-our-beer/beer-guide.aspx

at the very bottom.

I had the Vixen... I was less than impressed. Extremely syrupy and none of the flavors I was expected to come out came out.
aggiespartan
AG
had a few sours tonight from Cascade Brewing

from right to left:

rasberry, lime, apricot, cranberry, blackberry
They have more detailed descriptions on their website, but they were all delicious.
army01
AG
Today's pull from Mr. G's (BTW, did you DFW folks know that they were purchased by Specs?)

Tonight's beverage:

I'm a bit tipsey after this one, and for some reason, would love some scotch eggs.
First Page Last Page
Page 64 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.