Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,742 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 34 min ago by Quincey P. Morris
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
my girlfriend went to UW and her parents are still in WI. Her sister just came down and brought some spotted cow...didn't last long. She's going home next month, so I'm going to have her bring some back.
hbc07
AG
AggieOO
top 50 breweries:

http://www.brewersassociation.org/pages/media/press-releases/show?title=brewers-association-releases-top-50-breweries-in-2011
spadilly
S
T&P needed.
Started a 6 week fitness plan this week.

No brew until my birthday (Memorial Day weekend)
AggieOO
i feel you, i started Ironman training, so my beer consumption is going WAY down.

[This message has been edited by AggieOO (edited 4/17/2012 1:29p).]
jah003
S
quote:
I've heard good things. How do they keep in the fridge? Don't know if we'll get to it this week.

I also received a four pack of the thumbprint DIPA that was just bottled a week ago. It's really good. A very unique color for the style. Ill post a pic of the next one.

I don't know... I've never kept one long enough to find out

Along the New Glarus lines... Dancing Man Wheat and Fat Squirrel are two of my personal favorites (along with the red of course).
713nervy
AG
New Glarus...how do you get a hold of that without physically carrying it out yourself? Inquiring minds need to know!
rhoswen
AG
quote:
T&P needed.
Started a 6 week fitness plan this week.

No brew until my birthday (Memorial Day weekend)

Very hard to do, and not something I'm good at.

But... Guinness is actually one of the "healthier" beers you can have in terms of calories. Just FYI
aggiespartan
AG

Orange Blossom Cream Ale
Nice flavor. Nice and light.
jah003
S
quote:
New Glarus...how do you get a hold of that without physically carrying it out yourself? Inquiring minds need to know!

You don't... they are all about "drink indigenous" meaning they won't ship outside of WI. I guess you could always have a friend from WI ship you some barbecue sauce
713nervy
AG
Find An Aggie tool of AggieNetwork.com to the rescue!

(yeah right)
AggieOO
we are driving up to WI in sept...planning on bringing A LOT back with me.
713nervy
rhoswen
AG
I know an Aggie who JUST moved from WI. I'm sure he knows some people.
NColoradoAG
quote:
You don't... they are all about "drink indigenous" meaning they won't ship outside of WI. I guess you could always have a friend from WI ship you some barbecue sauce

Exactly. This is the box of "BBQ sauce" I received last Friday.

713nervy
AG
Oh.
hbc07
AG
not the best picture... but i love all things rogue. oregasmic ale = good pairing with the steelhead i caught a month or two ago.

Pahdz
OO...if you drive through OKC coming back I'll take a case of Spotted Cow
AggieOO
remind me in sept...i'll always owe you for hooking me up with my former job.

currently drinking a Trappistes Rochefort 10.
NColoradoAG
Green Flash Palate Wrecker tonight, wow.
AggieOO

picked this up in st. louis and brought it back.

had NO idea what to expect from this one. from reading about it, i thought i was going to be drinking pine needles. turns out, this is pretty tasty. love the finish...it has a mild sugary, sap/molasses taste to the finish.

[This message has been edited by AggieOO (edited 4/18/2012 11:21p).]
hbc07
AG
bear republic red rocket ale to finish the night off
713nervy
AG
Saw a New GlArus shirt today. The universe is a giant assh0le.
army01
AG
Tonight's berra of choice:

hbc07
AG
stock photo of tonights choice

62strat
AG
Denver area Ags.. something to check out on May 19th, at Tipsy's liquor world in west Denver:

http://tipsysliquorworld.com/events/event/the-first-annual-taste-of-tipsy%E2%80%99s/

quote:
We will have more than 70 breweries from across the country pouring their arsenal of Craft and Micro beers. This will be by far the largest event of its kind aside from the GABF, and it’s here at Tipsy’s!
We will be featuring several local live bands providing entertainment throughout the day for your enjoyment. There will be a wide range of entertainment for the whole family including, Paintball, R/C car racing, a carnival section, bouncy ball castle, water attractions and more! We will be boasting hundreds of local vendors from food to clothing and everything in between. Local food trucks that have been featured on the Travel Channel and more!

Hot diggity dog, I'm in the Denver that weekend for my cousins graduation, and I'm staying at my aunt's house who lives about 3 miles from there So it looks like my Sat. afternoon is booked.
aggiespartan
AG
This is at a local bar tonight. We may go.

quote:
Semi-Blind IIPA tasting today. We'll give you a taster tray with 4 great IIPAs and a an upside down list of what order the beers are in, so that you can judge the beers without being biased. The four beers will be: Russian River Brewing Company 'Pliny the Elder', Great Divide Brewing Co. '18th Anniversary Wood Aged IIPA, Oskar Blues Brewery 'Deviant Dales', and Migration 'The Duece Anniversary IIPA'. All four beers will be on tap for your tasting pleasure.
bonfirewillburn
AG
Certification Celebration tonight!!!!

hbc07
AG
Nice. I've had the imperial red and the nomad lately, and thought both were good choices.
bonfirewillburn
AG
I really like the Salvation, though im wanting a little more punch (in flavor) but its good

The Nomad is a little odd to me, not really a fan, but the Wife LOVES it

Little Sumpin is tasty (been opening my eyes to hops) was rather floral

Red still to come
jetch17
AG
Headed to the City Acre Brewing April Ale Thrill tasting tomorrow with BSD in Houston... Will report findings
AggieOO
Not doing much drinking tonight, but since my quadrupel turned 3 months old today, I figured I'd pop one of the taster bottles and see how it's aging.

quite delicious, but I feel like it'll benefit from another couple months. At 12%, This was the first big beer I brewed.
BSD
AG
quote:
Headed to the City Acre Brewing April Ale Thrill tasting tomorrow with BSD in Houston... Will report findings

BSD
AG
I've seen lots of good beers on here lately! I'm a bit jealous.

Tonight at my house:
Pliny
Blind Pig
DFH 90
DFH 75
Avery Reverend
jetch17
First Page Last Page
Page 63 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.