Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,662 Views | 62643 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by swampstander
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Correct, I'm in Colorado springs.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Is dissident distributed outside of the NW?
Damn, even College Station got Dissident a couple of weeks ago.
aggiemike02
AG
quote:
Correct, I'm in Colorado springs.
Lucky!
streetfighter2012
AG
I picked up bottles of both Dissedent and Abyss from Texas Ave. HEB on Super Bowl Sunday.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Picked up a bottle of Dissident in Austin yesterday. Haven't found Abyss yet, though.

Interesting, plenty of abyss here turding up the shelves but no dissident.
I haven't really looked that hard so it may be floating around here also. The place I bought the Dissident sold their allotment in a couple of hours.
Sounds like Sunrise to me.
Represent830
AG
I'm thoroughly pissed I've just now seen this thread. Is there any trading going on?
Jason_Ag98
AG
Southwest Parkway Market.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Welcome to the thread! Yeah there is plenty of meeting up, bottle sharing, trading, generous gifting, etc that goes on here. Tons of great people on here and tons of great beer to go along with them.
dave99ag
AG
Crossfitters are generally banned though.
Jegan14
AG
HEB on Parmer and I-35 in Austin has 5 cases of Abyss and half a case of Dissident.
Jason_Ag98
AG
I has a '12 Abyss a few months ago--my first time to try it. It had a really strong licorice/anise flavor. Is that typical or does it vary year to year (or maybe it was just past its prime)? I didn't like it nearly as well as some others in the same class.
Represent830
AG
quote:
I'm going to fit in very well then. What about endurodorks? Don't yall like Michelob Ultra? Ya know, because carbs?

I'm in San Antonio and have been trading with a guy out of North Carolina recently and am trying to get more into it. My buddy got me to go with him to Jester King a year and a half ago and will do anything for a good sour now. Freetail is kicking ass here and their recent collaboration with Local Coffee was spectacular. They are doing a bourbon barrel version soon so if anyone would like some I'd be willing to trade.

Besides that I'm big into porters and stouts. IPAs are awful. Besides that, glad to be here and will hopefully be contributing more.

Oh... and if anyone went to Jester King and got the Evil Twin Blueberry/Coffee collaboration... name your price.
Represent830
AG
quote:

AgEng06
AG
quote:
quote:
IPAs are awful.

BOO THIS MAN!
AgEng06
AG
But seriously, welcome to the thread.

And you obviously haven't had a Pliny...
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
IPAs are awful.

BOO THIS MAN!
Yeah, I knew that would cause a commotion. Blame it on my receptors...
AgEng06
AG
Split DP. Awesome.
NColoradoAG
quote:
I has a '12 Abyss a few months ago--my first time to try it. It had a really strong licorice/anise flavor. Is that typical or does it vary year to year (or maybe it was just past its prime)? I didn't like it nearly as well as some others in the same class.

Well, it is brewed with licorice. Its always got a heavy licorice/fig/dark fruit characteristic. I personally detest Abyss. It has all the flavors I hate in an imperial stout. I used to buy it just to flip it for BCBS, but BCBS in Colorado isn't an issue anymore.
SecoKid
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm going to fit in very well then. What about endurodorks? Don't yall like Michelob Ultra? Ya know, because carbs?

I'm in San Antonio and have been trading with a guy out of North Carolina recently and am trying to get more into it. My buddy got me to go with him to Jester King a year and a half ago and will do anything for a good sour now. Freetail is kicking ass here and their recent collaboration with Local Coffee was spectacular. They are doing a bourbon barrel version soon so if anyone would like some I'd be willing to trade.

Besides that I'm big into porters and stouts. IPAs are awful. Besides that, glad to be here and will hopefully be contributing more.

Oh... and if anyone went to Jester King and got the Evil Twin Blueberry/Coffee collaboration... name your price.

Welcome, I'm in SA as well. I'm really excited about Freetail ramping up. Did you find bottles of Local Coffee Stout around town or at the brewpub? I'd love to do some bottle sharing in San Antonio. My cellar has gotten a lot better since participating in this thread.
Represent830
AG
I got them at the brewpub but they said they would be retailing some out. I've seen a lot of FT at the HEBs around town, mostly at my local one, the Alon HEB at Wurzbach and Military. They had La Muerta too.

I have an extra I could trade with you but I'm pretty sure they are available throughout town if you look hard enough. Might try the brewpub downtown first... but don't forget your bulletproof vest.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
quote:

Same. Somebody holla at ya boy. Still looking (in Houston).
maca1028
How is dissident? I had a chance to buy a bottle at blackhawk but passed it over, also saw recently that they had gotslandsdricka
NColoradoAG
Every time I log in and see this thread has 20+ new replies I get excited thinking that Phischy has a new sock and is in here stirring up ****.
dave99ag
AG
Rep, get on Untappd if you aren't already.
Dwide Schrude
AG
Can anyone recommend a good Porter beer I can pick up from Specs tonight?
NColoradoAG
quote:

Cutthroat Porter from Odell
wessimo
AG
Black Butte is always solid. Smuttynose is another good one.
army01
AG
quote:
Ballast Point Victory at Sea
aggiemike02
AG
quote:
a coffee and vanilla variant, Victory at Sea by Ballast Point!
army01
AG
quote:
Black Butte is always solid. Smuttynose is another good one.
You might also be able to find Deschutes Black Butte Anny.
wessimo
AG
quote:

Do you want a 'plain' porter in a six pack or a 10% abv bomber?
wessimo
AG
quote:

Do you want a 'plain' porter in a six pack or a 10% abv bomber?
Represent830
AG
quote:
Rep, get on Untappd if you aren't already.
Will do.
Scriffer
AG
Untappd
Scriffer
AG
Rep
First Page Last Page
Page 620 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.