Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,644,066 Views | 62619 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by Jock 07
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Clearing out the garage refrigerator...Last call:

713nervy
AG
quote:
nervy - i keep forgetting to find you on facebook or email or something... your packages will be there on saturday.

Sure thang. I PayPal'd you and like such as.

Thanks again! You guys are certainly hospitable
hbc07
AG
it WAS NOp roblem.

cutting it off at three glasses. getting up at 1am today and 3am yesterday for work, i'm getting to tired to try and finish.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
quote:
I'm a little surprised MiA didn't enjoy that Dreamcloud. I don't like IPAs, but I thought it was delicious, wasn't bitter at all and really did have a small hint of an Orangsicle

The answer lies right there in your post. Orangsicle [sic]? Sick is more like it. :P

62strat
AG
I had the shocktop WIPA (wheat ipa) last night.

http://www.beerpulse.com/2011/10/shock-top-wheat-ipa-to-join-anheuser-buschs-fast-rising-brand-family/

not too hefe-ish, not to ipa-ish.. a surprisingly easy to drink combination of the two styles..

Clocks in at almost 6%., and only $6 and change to boot. Would buy again.

Most say they wouldn't dare hand their money over to InBev.. but I see it from another angle. The more sales they get from their craft brew offerings, the more they'll pay attention to the culture and offer their takes, which means less attention on bud light.
FincAg
AG
Anyone drink Coors Original? I always thought it was what Coors Light was called back in the day. What's it like?
Marooned_n_Aggieland
strats stroking of Big Bev should be racked and reused on occasion in case the memory fades.
Green Fairy
AG
Snagged a bottle of Boxer's Revenge by Jester King at lunch today. Anyone give it a try yet?
AggieOO
In st Louis, drinking an assortment of schlafly.
rhoswen
AG
no, Green, but I've been wanting to get my hands on some. I might need to make a trip west here in a few weeks.
BSD
AG
Celebrating a good week at work:

2 x Pliny the Elder
Bling Pig
More Brown than Black IPA (Alchemist/Ninkasi/Stone collaboration)
aggiespartan
AG
having a Honey Raspberry Ale by Spanish Peaks Brewing Co. out of Bozeman, Montana. It's not too sweet and it has an interesting aftertaste that I can't really explain.
txag2008
AG

army01
AG
Round 1:

Yuck. I guess it is the style that I do not like. The flavors are definitely there. The chocolate pops (generally like the chocolates), but the peppers/spices are too, and I'm not a big fan there.....

Round 2:

Much better. Rogue (outside of the Voodoo) is quickly moving up my list. I've got them sitting in the DFH and Lagunitas neighborhood right now, behind Deschutes and Rahr (Homerism at its best).
713nervy
AG
Oh yay Chatoe Dirtoir
jah003
S
Dad brought a 6 pack of these down with him (not my picture):

Sweetwater Happy Ending Imperial Stout

Had one a couple of nights ago... I was pleasantly surprised. IMO, this is a very, very, good Imperial Stout. Plenty of flavor and pretty complex.
713nervy
AG
Got my incredible boxes of beer today, thanks to BSD, spartan, and hbc. Here's my inventory...

Russian River
-3 Supplication
-2 Consecration
-2 Redemption
-2 Sanctification
-2 Damnation
-4 Pliny the Elders!
Ninkasi Total Domination & Tricerahops
Southern Oregon BrewCo Na Zdravi & Holy Water Maibock
Hop works Urban Brew (HUB) Galactic Imperial Red & Rise-Up Red
10 Barrel BrewCo ISA
Jolly Pumpkin Oro de Calabraza & Calabaza Blanca (Michigan)
Crooked Line Cockeyed Cooper, bourbon barrel barley wine ale
Cascade BrewCo Sang Royal sour ale
Widmer Oatmeal Porter
Floyd's Brew Dog B/tch Please
Deschutes White IPA or whatever it was...I sent that one home with the bf already.

Mother of God. Anyone let me know when you're in the Dallas/Uptown area and wants to try some new things. Lord knows I shouldn't drink all of this myself.

[This message has been edited by 713nervy (edited 4/14/2012 2:36p).]
hbc07
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
no, Green, but I've been wanting to get my hands on some. I might need to make a trip west here in a few weeks.

Rhoswen, not sure where you live, but the midtown specs in Houston had a one bottle limit yesterday. You might still be able to grab one if you live here.
turfman80
AG
Received a growler of Galaxy today from Vermont. This stuff is so smooth and drinkable it's scary.

Green Fairy
AG
Pretty good looking bottle to boot.
AggieOO
I went a little overboard buying Missouri craft beer to take back to Texas. At least I'm flying sw back.

And I'm currently having a pbr. They were a buck fifty for 24 oz cans. Sometimes I slum.
Pahdz
Tallgrass Halcyon Wheat...was a great beer to have at the track tonight
AggieOO
tallgrass!

i tried to find a 4 pack of buffalo sweat to add to my box of beer to take home, but no dice...went to 4 places.
BSD
AG
That's a nice haul, Nervy. I'm a big fan of the Jolly Pumpkin beers, and those RRBC beers are ok in my book too.
NColoradoAG

The wife and I shared this tonight. I'm not a huge fruit beer fan, but she loves them. This was pretty damn good. A little to syrupy right out of the fridge, but got better as it warmed. Carbonation was spot on and actually had a nice little hop profile. I have a NewGlarus Belgian Red in the fridge as well. Looking forward to trying that one.
aggiespartan
AG
Had Alaskan Amber today at lunch. It was pretty good.
rschoelman
AG

Another Shiner fruit beer, anything to get excited about or another Ruby Redbird???
rhoswen
AG
Shiner just needs to stop. Seriously.

*****ly pear? jesus.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Received a growler of Galaxy today from Vermont. This stuff is so smooth and drinkable it's scary.

I've seen this photo somewhere else......

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 4/16/2012 5:21p).]
jah003
S
Coloradoag: the red is delicious! We spend our summers in WI and the red is much better than the raspberry IMO. I usually go through a dozen or so every summer...
NColoradoAG
I've heard good things. How do they keep in the fridge? Don't know if we'll get to it this week.

I also received a four pack of the thumbprint DIPA that was just bottled a week ago. It's really good. A very unique color for the style. Ill post a pic of the next one.
AggieOO
the spotted cow is good.
Pahdz
Ah Spotted Cow...got a buddy who went to UW and he'll always bring some back to OKC.
army01
AG
I've been waiting for a special occasion to try this one. Tonight felt like the right time.

Not bad at all.
First Page Last Page
Page 62 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.