Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,569,222 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by La Fours
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
DR 15 in bombers or 6s at Whole Foods in Plano; just ask for it. They also had Sculpin Grapefruit. Not a fan of sours, but will give it a try.

Grapefruit Sculpin shouldn't be a sour.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
DR 15 in bombers or 6s at Whole Foods in Plano; just ask for it. They also had Sculpin Grapefruit. Not a fan of sours, but will give it a try.

Jackpot. Good thing neckbeards are strictly prohibited in Plano.

Falcon85
AG
Good to see you got in on it Scriffer.

jh, yeah looks like you may be right. I suppose I associate grapefruit with sour.
NoneGiven
AG
Located some FW18 and Karbach BBH today. Celebrating with a Pliny.

If you are in Austin and looking for either, Specs on 2222 had both.
62strat
AG
Dp
62strat
AG
Picked up an 8 mixer pack of Guinness pints.
Here we have Kilkenny Irish cream nitro. Pretty good.
txaggie05
AG
Kinda pissed that Lagunitas went away from 6 packs for Sucks, but it's still delicious. I'm guessing Texas is still just seasonal even though they've gone year-round elsewhere?
aggiechris06
AG

Dis good.

Pretty heavy bourbon with vanilla and a slight nuttiness on the nose; taste is milk chocolate then bourbon fudge and heat. A bit hot but nicely creamy, and a tad too much carbed to me. Wonderful now, should age really nicely.

...and I'm still interested to see how this warms up.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
The local liquor store where I'm working in Oklahoma wasn't able to get me a case of the Choc Whiskey Barrel Quad but they got me a 12 pack. I'm probably going to drink 8 myself and give 4 away. I think they're on par with the BCBS so I wanna hear what some other people think.

La Fours, one is yours if you want it next time I drive through CS. Other than that the first three that are willing to drive to Cleburne or meet me in Fort Worth can have one. I really just want to hear how others rank it.

La Fours
AG
Awesome!!
cpscAG06
AG
Greenhouse IPA from hop and grain. Delicious. Thank you very much Jah.

I love the beer community and Ag community. People shipoing great beer to each other
cpscAG06
AG
Henry, where in FW are you located. I am in Southlake
AggielandPoultry
AG
Ruby red bird
dave99ag
AG
Wife cracked open a Pirate Bomb to share. Very tasty!
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I live in Cleburne but go to Fort Worth pretty often.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Throwing it out there again, anyone in Houston have an extra World's Worst Twin for trade?
maca1028
Couldn't help myself, dropped $18.99 on abyss today and grabbed the last sixer of hibiscus gose, also a friend of mine gave me a couple of shiner *****ly pear bombers a few days ago that I haven't had the chance to open yet
maca1028
Really...I can't say *****ly?!
Scriffer
AG
I can indeed confirm that Grapefruit Sculpin is amazing.

Also Sculpin autocorrects to Sumlin on my phone.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Habaero Sculpin on the other hand....
DallasAggie2012
AG
I would love to try one of those Henny! Sounds pretty amazing. I work in FW so we might be able to work something out there one day.
army01
AG
Henny - I'd like to try one too. What can I bring you?
Scriffer
AG
quote:

Is awesome too, I know right!

We had it at the brewery last year, and it was really hot. Found it in Dallas last summer and enjoyed it a lot more, surprisingly.
maca1028
What's everyone's thoughts on elevation? I almost bought an oil man and a seorita yesterday but the last thing I had from them was a quad that I almost poured down the drain
jah003
S
quote:
quote:

Is awesome too, I know right!

We had it at the brewery last year, and it was really hot. Found it in Dallas last summer and enjoyed it a lot more, surprisingly.

I feel like I need some of this... Love Habenero's and I love Sculpin. What could go wrong right?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'll say we have differing opinions. I like understated heat. The beer tasted good but not one I can finish being that hot.
Scriffer
AG
I actually really like Elevation so far. I've had Downpour and Apis IV. Downpour was great, and Apis IV was interesting with the honey in there. I wouldn't buy that again except top split with several people as a dessert drink just because it's so sweet.
Scriffer
AG
Yup, just difference in option. I wouldn't slug a sixer of it, bit it's cool every now and then
No Bat Soup For You
AG
You don't have to get me anything but if you run across a habanero sculpin I wouldn't turn you down.
DaveHimself
AG
Henny if we're still going to meet and swap the BA Legion I'll take one of those off your hands.

Had a Smuttynose Big A IPA yesterday and it's a solid DIPA
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I was glad to try it though. Good flavor and I'd have more if I could get it with flavor sans the burning.

Had a DR15 last night. Solid beer, but not $15 a six pack good.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
I was glad to try it though. Good flavor and I'd have more if I could get it with flavor sans the burning.

Had a DR15 last night. Solid beer, but not $15 a six pack good.
Good to hear. I had a 6 pack in my hand last night but put it back.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I thought the DR15 RIS was great. One of their best beers in the past few years. Might be the best RIS in the state to be honest. I like it better than Legion.
maca1028
I agree on DR15 I thought it was pretty damn good but I went in with low expectations
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed it but I just don't think it lives up to a pretty lofty price tag.
First Page Last Page
Page 610 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.