Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,639,828 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by La Fours
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
me like wee heavy Scottish Ales!

it is quite delicious. just popped one.
gordo97
AG
April 16th- No Label will be at Beaver's along Washington Ave. for a Speakeasy! Be the first to enjoy our Mint IPA!!

mint IPA???? does anyone else think this might be a bad idea and it's gonna end up tasting like toothpaste?
AggieOO
sometimes things work. mint sounds gross, but who knows.

i did a lemon rosemary wheat that came out fantastic and is one of my favorite beers, but when i came up with the idea most people thought it sounded disgusting.
La Fours
AG
BSD - how much does it cost to ship a box from California full of beer? And what type of box? Just a typical box that liquor bottles come in by the case? Or does Fedex/UPS have bottle shippers available?
BSD
AG
I use the 12 bottle styrofoam wine shippers that wineries send out. When i go to RRBC, i go to the Bottle Shop in Santa Rosa to buy them so i dont have to haul it out there. I can't remember the cost off the top of my head but it isn't cheap to ship. I try to check as much on to the airline in boxes or luggage and then I'll send the rest right before I leave. I love flying SW because of the free baggage. I can check 2 boxes and take a carryon for my clothes.
La Fours
AG
I see. I have a friend in San Diego who's a big craft beer fan as well. I am hoping I can get him to send me some RRBC stuff. Seeing your posts, I really want to try Pliny and the sours.
JimShorts
AG
BSD
AG
La Fours, with the heat starting to make its way into TX, I'd be hesitant to start shipping Pliny right now using ground service. RRBC is adamant about keeping it cool to preserve the taste. I'm not sure how it would be affected if it sat in an unairconditioned truck all day but when Im paying for the bottle and shipping, I don't want to risk it. I have my last shipment of the year coming tomorrow and had it sent two day to avoid any heat issues.
La Fours
AG
Gotcha. Makes sense. I'll just have to figure something out. Seeing your posts has made me very curios to try Pliny and their sours. I'm hoping to procure a bottle of Deschutes The Dissident. It's a sour that they make.

Anyone want to go to the Smith St. Specs and grab me 4 bottles of the Deschutes Hop Henge IPA? I should be able to come down soon to pick it up or would be happy to cover some of the gas if anyone is planning on coming to CS soon.
hbc07
AG
Having hop rod rye with nervy and spartan
713nervy
AG

bwahahaha
BSD
AG
Ima need a tissue
aggiespartan
AG
somebody went shopping in Portland
NColoradoAG
Very nice. Gotta say the sanctification is my favorite there.
BSD
AG
NColoradoAG
BSD
AG
La Fours
713nervy
AG
Beatification? Oh goddammit.
AggieChemist
AG
Currently enjoying a homebrewed 90 minute double IPA. My own recipe.
jetch17
AG
quote:
Beatification? Oh goddammit.
army01
AG
You *******s and all of your Russian River. I'm stuck with Rogue Yellow Snow tonight.

khkman22
AG
Stopped at HEB before the baseball game and picked these up. The only one I've ever had is the Fireman's 4. Looking forward to trying them.

jetch17
AG
A fine evening

713nervy
AggieOO
its big beer night.

started with this...

then this...

now working on a 750 of this...

streetfighter2012
AG
I had a few of these tonight. Very enjoyable

army01
AG
How is the Triple B? I bought a bottle, but haven't had a chance to try it yet....
AggieOO
i really like it. i'm a big fan of belgians, and i've not had anything from adelbert's that i dont' like.
hbc07
AG
finishing off a successful weekend with Lagunitas Imperial Red Ale.

i really need to start working on drink beer that i have left over from the fall
DonaldFDraper
AG
Couple Old Chubs yesterday... I really like that beer.
dave99ag
AG
The Easter Beer Bunny arrived yesterday. In the basket: Dogfish Head 75 Minute, Left Coast Trestles IPA, Harpoon 100 Barrel - Black IPA, Rogue Hazlenut Brown Nectar, and 3 bottles of Trappistes Rochefort 10. My gf is awesome!

AgDrumma07
AG
They had this on sale for $3/bomber at the HEB in Spring on Friday. I'm not usually a fan of pilsners but for $3, I gave it a shot. It's actually pretty good. I'd buy another bomber.

They also had the Red Hook ESB for $3/bomber but I didn't get it.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
It's BEER TIME!

What can I say? This beer has been reviewed here by others and this is not my first sampling of Left Hand's Milk Stout. It's a great, sweet stout and even better on nitro tap.

As you can see from the picture this is not the new Milk Stout Nitro. I would have rather had that but this single was staring me down in the make your own 6er isle. If you get a chance to try the Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro on a nitro tap DO NOT PASS IT UP. The stuff is excellent if you like a sweet stout.

Any negatives here? I'm sure a professional taster would find some but I won't.

Enjoy GREAT brews my friends!
aggiespartan
AG
Tangerine Wheat from Lost Coast. Delicious.
First Page Last Page
Page 60 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.