Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,654,603 Views | 62635 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by swampstander
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Henny hooked me up today with a bottle of bcbs, bcbbw and a homebrew RIS. I really appreciate it. And look forward to trying out his homebrew. Perfect weather for stouts.
La Fours
AG
Henny stopped in town with a big hook up for me. A bcbs, bcbbw and a bottle of his homebrew RIS. I am very grateful. Thank you. Looking forward to drinking these beers. Perfect stout weather.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
For those of you who have had it, what can I expect from Funkwerks? Just saw their IG. I've never even been to Colorado. :-/
They're fairly small, but worth the visit if you're in Ft. Collins. I went there after a tour at New Belgium.
La Fours
AG
It was so awesome I posted three times.
La Fours
AG
I've liked the few beers I've tried from Funkwerks. Their saisons are pretty good.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
Henny stopped in town with a big hook up for me. A bcbs, bcbbw and a bottle of his homebrew RIS. I am very grateful. Thank you. Looking forward to drinking these beers. Perfect stout weather.

Let me know what you think about the homebrew. It was really boozy in September/October so I let it age and I really enjoyed one a couple days ago. The alcohol content should be around 11%.
Green Fairy
AG
Only had Tropic King, but I liked it. Good stuff.
La Fours
AG
It's in the fridge now. Going to drink it tonight!
La Fours
AG
I had a TK last week and a regular saison a year or so ago. Both were very good.
Scriffer
AG
Sister gave me some custom Belgian glasses for Christmas. Finally got to put them to use

La Fours
AG

Henny's homebrew. Tasty RIS. Great consistency. Roasted malt really shines. Would drink again. You did a great job Henny. This recipe is a keeper.
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
When does Lagunitas Sucks come out(or did I miss it...which I don't think since I've never had trouble getting it)?
It's readily available here in Austin - my HEB has it and I've seen it other place as well. Been out for a few weeks already.
jcbaggie04
AG
The christmas bomb was very good. A tad late for the holidays, but a delicious beer nonetheless.
DaveHimself
AG
Sucks hit DFW today at the few stores I follow.
army01
AG
For the DFW peeps, I've heard Funkwerks should start hitting stores next week.
txag2008
AG
quote:
Sucks hit DFW today at the few stores I follow.

Didn't they make it a year round beer? Is it now only being sold in the big quart bottles?
steve00
AG
quote:
quote:
but I'm looking forward to trying the Dogfish.

I remember searching forever for DFH120, then once I found it I wished that I hadn't. I wasn't prepared for the sweetness.

It is pretty sweet, but I think I can still taste the underlying flavors of the 90min. I haven't had any for a while, so I need to pick some up this weekend before I open another one of these 120s.
DaveHimself
AG
Not sure if it's year round now but the quarts are what was released here yesterday.
army01
AG
Anyone at JK today?
La Fours
AG
Got a growler fill of BB Hellfighter today at Harvey Washbangers. Best $25 I have ever spent.
turfman80
AG
Do they still only fill 'their' growlers or have they come out of the stone age and fill other brands???
K Bo
AG
Filled a couple growlers with Yellow Rose today.
62strat
AG
I see the new stone enjoy by is a Brett ipa. Sounds interesting.
army01
AG
quote:
I see the new stone enjoy by is a Brett ipa. Sounds interesting.

*Enjoy After
jh0400
AG
Has anyone found Enjoy After in Houston?
La Fours
AG
They pretty quickly backed off the other branded growlers iirc. Just call and ask. It's only a slim keg, so you'll want to hurry up if you want a fill of BBH. Now my debate is to drink it now, or seal it up good and put it in the "cellar" for a while.
dave99ag
AG
I had some BB Hellfighter at O'Bannon's a few weeks ago and it tasted more like Cherries of Fire than normal BB Hellfighter. I'll be curious to see if you notice the same thing.

I'm bummed no Fra-ge-lay this year. I have an 02 and 07 stashed away.
La Fours
AG
I'm bummed about the fra-gee-lay as well. It was a Christmas eve tradition for me. And then I traded my last 007 to a guy for a Perennial Sump. It was worth it. But still.

As for bbh, it tasted the same as I remember the previous batches tasting from the taster Michael poured me at Washbangers before I bought the growler.
The Beer and I
Celebrating the first night in the new house:
maca1028
Congrats beer and I
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Congrats! I hope my family will be building a new house in 2015.
La Fours
AG
Congrats The Beer and I!!

Courtesy of Henny!! Thank you so much.

Green Fairy
AG
Last years frageelay was not worth the money. Didn't spend enough time in the barrels IMO. Tasted like $15 Yule Shoot Your Eye Out.

Drinking my remaining Lips of Faith Cocoa Mole tonight that was purchased around 2/2012. Tastes as good as I remember. Wish they'd bring this one back.
The Beer and I
New houses are awesome, moving sucks. Make sure to have plenty of good beer on hand to celebrate and good luck!
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
Congrats The Beer and I!!

Courtesy of Henny!! Thank you so much.

http://i.imgur.com/Ez7KkOw.jpg

I know this must have sucked after drinking my homebrew. Hopefully you didn't have to pour it down the sink.
First Page Last Page
Page 592 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.