Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,426 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by La Fours
Green Fairy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tried Christmas Bomb yesterday. May just be me but it tasted exactly like normal bomb with a new label. Also, curious on thoughts on JK snorkel. Found a bottle on Wednesday at specs.
cpscAG06
AG
You're very welcome jah.

In other news BB Temptress is getting released today. So, i will go hunting.
La Fours
AG
I haven't had it, but those on this thread that have, say it is a good gose style beer. I would say that any JK beer is worth buying one of if it can be acquired with out much of an effort.
jah003
S
quote:
I haven't had it, but those on this thread that have, say it is a good gose style beer. I would say that any JK beer is worth buying one of if it can be acquired with out much of an effort.

I was actually really impressed with this most recent batch of Snorkel. I had a bottle on Saturday and it was much more tart than batch 1.
army01
AG
I picked one up on Friday...hard to pass on a JK that is $10.
La Fours
AG
Did they release a second batch?
army01
AG
quote:
Did they release a second batch?
yep
mforce
AG
Was out at JK on Saturday enjoying the beautiful weather. Big fan of both the Snorkel and the Ambree.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Anyone seen the BBA Temptress today yet? Most places I've heard from either think tomorrow of Wednesday for receiving their shipment.
Kyle98
AG
WhipIn Flower Mound posted on Facebook that they have some. Limit 1 bottle per.
Robert C. Christian
AG
quote:
Anyone seen the BBA Temptress today yet? Most places I've heard from either think tomorrow of Wednesday for receiving their shipment.
That is what I am hearing. Either Tuesday or Wednesday. Seeing the pictures from the brewery release I have a feeling this may be a huge s*** show.
cc10106
quote:
quote:
That is what I am hearing. Either Tuesday or Wednesday. Seeing the pictures from the brewery release I have a feeling this may be a huge s*** show.
I will find a way to try BBT, hopefully via trade.

Speaking of ****shows, i predict one at JK this weekend for the new Biere de Blanc du Bois.

Kyle98
AG
quote:
WhipIn Flower Mound posted on Facebook that they have some. Limit 1 bottle per.
And it was gone in less than an hour, apparently. Guess I won't be making that stop on the way home from work today...
army01
AG
Heading to NOLA on Wednesday, so I am guessing that I am going to miss out on BBT this year...and apparently Tweak as well. Damnit.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Speaking of ****shows, i predict one at JK this weekend for the new Biere de Blanc du Bois.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/introducing-jester-king-biere-de-blanc-du-bois

Link for those interested...
DallasAggie2012
AG
I'll try to find an extra bottle for you, Army01, since you hooked me up with the DDBA. If you want some Tweak, I know Hall's has it right now and I could probably snag a bottle if they have some for you. Is it worth the price? I've never had it.

FrioAg, it will definitely be that to find the BBT. It was just as bad if not worse last year as well. I'll do everything I can to get a bottle or two, but I know any more than that will be nearly impossible.
cc10106
quote:
Tried Christmas Bomb yesterday. May just be me but it tasted exactly like normal bomb with a new label. Also, curious on thoughts on JK snorkel. Found a bottle on Wednesday at specs.
I had Snorkel batch 2 last night and thought it was much better than the first one. Hopefully there are some bottles left around Houston this week.
jah003
S
quote:

Bottle count of 800...!? That's like true whalez bro. I was gonna go Sunday, but I don't think it'll make it that long. Gotta decide if it's worth the trip Friday for one bottle... I honestly don't see this making it to Saturday.
army01
AG
quote:
I'll try to find an extra bottle for you, Army01, since you hooked me up with the DDBA. If you want some Tweak, I know Hall's has it right now and I could probably snag a bottle if they have some for you. Is it worth the price? I've never had it.

FrioAg, it will definitely be that to find the BBT. It was just as bad if not worse last year as well. I'll do everything I can to get a bottle or two, but I know any more than that will be nearly impossible.
I appreciate it! I don't know if Tweak is worth the price, but I've grabbed a bottle every other Avery barrel aged beer I could. And Mephistopheles with a ton of coffee added sounds awesome.
NColoradoAG
The jury is out on Tweak. A lot of my friends have loved it, others including me give it a meh. I actually prefer the regular version to this bottled BA version. It's definitely worth a try though. I just wouldn't load up on it before trying it.
army01
AG
quote:
The jury is out on Tweak. A lot of my friends have loved it, others including me give it a meh. I actually prefer the regular version to this bottled BA version. It's definitely worth a try though. I just wouldn't load up on it before trying it.
I am firmly in the 1 bottle camp....with the exception being Uncle Jacob's...and I'd buy as much of that as I could get my hands on. Just so happens that tends to be one bottle as well.
DallasAggie2012
AG
quote:
quote:
I am firmly in the 1 bottle camp....with the exception being Uncle Jacob's...and I'd buy as much of that as I could get my hands on. Just so happens that tends to be one bottle as well.
Yeah Uncle Jacob's is amazing. Thanks for the input NColo. I'll snag a bottle if I see it, but I won't go out of my way for it looks like. Most of the Avery BA stuff has been pretty solid from my experiences so far.
62strat
AG
I enjoyed tweak.

of course, it was last in the line up that night of Woodcut 5, 5 monks, rumpkin, pumpKYn, and BCBS.

I usually buy the token 2 bottles of avery barrel series, unless I know I like it.

So I still have a tweak left. I'll sit for a couple of years.
txaggie05
AG
Picked up a bottle of Extremely Angry Beast tonight...good stuff
Kyle98
AG
Well, no luck today with BBT, but did get some BBA Legion.
maca1028
First beer in a week
wessimo
AG
Extremely angry beast, perpetual peace, Kentucky streetwalker and Boulevard bourbon barrel quad tonight. The BBQ was the best of the four. The streetwalker was disappointing.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:

It's good, but too boozy still if you ask me. Could be creamier and I feel like the heat masks too much of the other flavors. Can def taste the bourbon and rum though.

4star now, potential for 4.5 with time.
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
Extremely angry beast, perpetual peace, Kentucky streetwalker and Boulevard bourbon barrel quad tonight. The BBQ was the best of the four. The streetwalker was disappointing.
Love me some BBQ!
cpscAG06
AG
Popped a BBT tonight. Wow, I am just so glad that this beer is made in Dallas. If you can get your hands on it, then definitely do it, and at $12.99 for a bomber it is a steal.

I am going to have to get a couple more bottles.
txaggie05
AG
quote:
quote:

It's good, but too boozy still if you ask me.
The more boozy the better IMO. Probably why I liked it so much.
La Fours
AG
Here's what I had last night.

Robert C. Christian
AG
Picked up a BBT at Total Wine in on Plano on 75. Limit of one.
Kyle98
AG
Might have to swing by Total Wine in Lewisville again today after work, and see if they have any.
DaveHimself
AG
Total Wine Arlington got theirs this morning so it sounds like all the stores got it today.
First Page Last Page
Page 578 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.