Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,993 Views | 62475 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by CDub06
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NColoradoAG
quote:
What's a ZJ?
If you have to ask, you can't afford it

gordo97
AG
In Vegas.... They have tons of FW anniversary.... I just don't wanna drop $30 on a blend
txag2008
AG
quote:
In Vegas.... They have tons of FW anniversary.... I just don't wanna drop $30 on a blend
They had BCBS in Vegas last wk. (Yardhouse)
jh0400
AG
Finally cracked my Contemplating Waterloo. It's not bad.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
What's everyone's opinion on Scotch Ales? I just had to pour out a founder's Dirty *******.
Vernada
AG
I like the idea of them much more than the taste. Old Chub nitro is pretty good but just a style I really like.
NColoradoAG
quote:
What's everyone's opinion on Scotch Ales? I just had to pour out a founder's Dirty *******.
There are very few I like. I like backwoods and claymore from Great Divide.
turfman80
AG
quote:
Scriffer
AG
Got my hands on Brown Shugga and Barrel Aged Legion at Southlake Central Market. Haven't has the Legion yet, but Brown Shugga is great.
BSD
AG
It's rare that I'll pass on Pliny but I only get one glass so what can a brotha do?

I actually had another glass of wine at dinner but don't tell anyone.
army01
AG
quote:
Dirty ******* is okay. Backwoods is much better.

i am a big fan of iron thistle, but that is likely the homer in me.
oneoutofmany
AG
quote:
That's too bad. Personally, I think Founder's Backwoods *******, their barrel aged Scotch Ale, is phenomenal.
steve00
AG
Had a Lost Abbey Angels Share Grand Cru today. It was only a 5oz pour, but it was really good.
DallasAggie2012
AG
quote:
quote:

You're not alone in your enjoyment of Iron Thistle Army01. It's one of Rahr's better beers for sure.

Has anyone tried the Perpetual Peace yet? The scotch ale talk got me thinking about it sitting on my counter.
army01
AG
Perpetual Peace is solid. Need to pick up a few more.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I enjoyed perpetual peace a lot. Definitely a good beer.
MW13
AG
Starting with a She Thinks I Hung the Moon thats been in the fridge a year to watch Johnny's first start.
oneoutofmany
AG
quote:
quote:

I almost said the same thing. Big fan of Iron Thistle here too.
MW13
AG
Had to kick it up notch after that first half. Moved on to Legion. Good stuff, looking forward to getting some barrel aged.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
So I was talking to one of the paradox dudes last night at the bar and apparently they're talmbout moving down the road to divide around April timeframe and will start brewing on their own stuff there. Supposedly woodland park was making them jump through a bunch of hoops to kick out the jazzercise outfit and expand to take over the entire building. I told em to enjoy moving all those barrels.
That sucks. This was the first year since 2008 that we did not go to WP for Thanksgiving. Any idea how the newest brew pub in town is doing? They were just starting to brew their own last year.
Haven't heard and haven't been. There's been a bunch of new places opening up around CS here lately but for the most part they pretty much suck.
Jock 07
AG
Y'all Colorado folks might get a kick out of this. The schmuck that runs trinity apparently got all butthurt that he wasn't picked number one in some obscure local beer blog and is taking his ball and moving to denver because Colorado Springs beer drinkers are apparently morons. Hope he has fun with all the competition up there. No wonder the brewery is always filled with a bunch of pretentious ******bags
What a twat
Jock 07
AG
Oh yeah sipped on some of this yesterday

Along with some Tilquin Geuze, CS Motif (Damn good) Breakside Wanderlust IPA, and some prairie cherry funk. Was talking to one of the Crooked Stave guys down from Denver as well and he was telling me they had gotten a cease and desist from trinity for their upcoming dry hopped sour. I can't remember exactly what they were trying to call it but it had primitive in the name. I found it quite ironic and amusing seeing as how not six months ago I was in trinity and they were *****ing about getting a C&D from north coast for their le merle.
NColoradoAG
Jason, the "saison man" is such a ******. We have so many pretentious brewers in this state right now. So many of these guys can't accept any criticism or complaints. Even when they make obviously ****ty beers or business decisions.

Trinity makes a few good to above average beers, and tons of over the top, adjunct laden, overpriced crap. They'll be fine in Denver among the unwashed hippies and hipsters who think anything that is sour is good.
62strat
AG
Trinity does have some gabf medals. Had their old growth last night, solid Flanders.

But yeh them getting third place and acting cocky? Come on guys, craft brewers are in this together. Be glad your brewery is getting talked about and placing in polls.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Starting off with a DFH Burton Baton tonight then I'm going to finish with a Community Legion.

And then probably a glass of bourbon because I'm going to be rained out tomorrow.
steve00
AG
Liked my Angels Share taste so much that I had to go to the brewery today to get more. Had a bottle of that and Deliverance, which has some Angels Share in it, then took half a case of each home. I'm a sucker for barrel aged beers.

jah003
S
Headed up to North Dallas this weekend to be the best man in my brother's wedding. Managed to grab a few things while I was up...

Met up with cpscAG06 who grabbed me some Legion and BA Legion. Thanks again good sir!
Also... the liquor store we met up at just so happened to have some Bourbon County in the back. As you can see a few beers bit the dust in wedding "celebration".
No Bat Soup For You
AG
What are the Legions with the blue tops?
Scriffer
AG
quote:
Headed up to North Dallas this weekend to be the best man in my brother's wedding. Managed to grab a few things while I was up...

Met up with cpscAG06 who grabbed me some Legion and BA Legion. Thanks again good sir!
Also... the liquor store we met up at just so happened to have some Bourbon County in the back. As you can see a few beers bit the dust in wedding "celebration".

Well do much for the Christmas present I was going to send you.
army01
AG
quote:
Guessing regular Legion with the Community tops
jah003
S
quote:
quote:

Well do much for the Christmas present I was going to send you.
Blame cpscAG06... he's just too nice of a guy. Those BA Legions may not make it to Christmas...
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
Guessing regular Legion with the Community tops
That is correct...
La Fours
AG
quote:
Liked my Angels Share taste so much that I had to go to the brewery today to get more. Had a bottle of that and Deliverance, which has some Angels Share in it, then took half a case of each home. I'm a sucker for barrel aged beers.

Nice.
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
quote:
That's too bad. Personally, I think Founder's Backwoods
*******, their barrel aged Scotch Ale, is phenomenal.

Bought two 4 packs of BWB a while back with one left at this point. Wish I'd bought more. It's probably my favorite Founders brew.
First Page Last Page
Page 577 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.