Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,280 Views | 62614 Replies | Last: 47 min ago by jh0400
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Picked up some brown shugga and a 12/12 stone vertical tonight, then had some invasion pale ale and sun king Osiris at the bar tonight
jh0400
AG
If anyone is looking for JK Snorkel, D&Q had 20 or so bottles on the shelf last night.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
It's just hard to imagine a beer brewed with mushrooms and salt could be very good...
maca1028
I'm on the new glarus band wagon now, had the Berliner Weiss last night and the Oud Bruin earlier this week...good stuff
maca1028
quote:
It's just hard to imagine a beer brewed with mushrooms and salt could be very good...

I actually really enjoyed it, it's very similar to a gose style. I need to get out there and grab a bottle of 2 since it's being distroed now
jah003
S
quote:

It's pretty solid for a Gose. You don't taste the Oyster Mushrooms... They just help out the mouthfeel. I don't usually buy too much of it, though. Cause... Once you go WB Gose, you don't go back.
Scriffer
AG
Got my mitts on BCBS on draft last night. Pretty sure the bartender had no idea what he was sitting on.

It was good but boozy as all get out.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

I actually really enjoyed it, it's very similar to a gose style. I need to get out there and grab a bottle of 2 since it's being distroed now
Hook a brutha up? 2 bottles if possible, one for me, one to send off.
La Fours
AG
Prairie is releasing Apple Brandy Noir mid January.

Apple Brandy Noir

NColoradoAG
quote:

Apple Brandy Noir

Pray to the apple brandy gods that this won't be infected
Jock 07
AG
So I was talking to one of the paradox dudes last night at the bar and apparently they're talmbout moving down the road to divide around April timeframe and will start brewing on their own stuff there. Supposedly woodland park was making them jump through a bunch of hoops to kick out the jazzercise outfit and expand to take over the entire building. I told em to enjoy moving all those barrels.
txag2008
AG
quote:

Apple Brandy Noir

Probably the best label I've ever seen
Jock 07
AG
That is pretty good artwork. What was the name of that game?
jcbaggie04
AG
I got some legion last night for 5 bucks because the counter girl didn't know what the price was and didn't care to go look it up.
Legion is a fantastic beer.
Jock 07
AG
DFW folks need some help. My wife's folks live up off of eagle mountain lake NW of ft worth. The only decent beer spot that I know of that is "relatively" close is the central market in west lake. Anyone have any other suggestions? Not very familiar with the area and would like to pick up some caned and/or grapefruit sculpin.
La Fours
AG
Do apple brandy beers run a higher risk than most for infection?
txag2008
AG
quote:
DFW folks need some help. My wife's folks live up off of eagle mountain lake NW of ft worth. The only decent beer spot that I know of that is "relatively" close is the central market in west lake. Anyone have any other suggestions? Not very familiar with the area and would like to pick up some caned and/or grapefruit sculpin.
If you're coming from the airport, Halls Grocery in Colleyville is a good option. Not sure of any other good options near eagle mtn
army01
AG
quote:
So I was talking to one of the paradox dudes last night at the bar and apparently they're talmbout moving down the road to divide around April timeframe and will start brewing on their own stuff there. Supposedly woodland park was making them jump through a bunch of hoops to kick out the jazzercise outfit and expand to take over the entire building. I told em to enjoy moving all those barrels.
That sucks. This was the first year since 2008 that we did not go to WP for Thanksgiving. Any idea how the newest brew pub in town is doing? They were just starting to brew their own last year.
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
If you're coming from the airport, Halls Grocery in Colleyville is a good option. Not sure of any other good options near eagle mtn
You're going to be pretty limited up there, I think. And to my knowledge, we did not get bottled grapefruit sculpin in Fort Worth.
DallasAggie2012
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
You're going to be pretty limited up there, I think. And to my knowledge, we did not get bottled grapefruit sculpin in Fort Worth.
Ya I believe Army01 is right on this one. I haven't seen any of the Grapefruit Sculpin around in bottles. Depending on where you are relative to the lake, you could try going to Tex Max Beer & Wine off 35 and Western Center. It's a decent selection of beers there, but nothing super special.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Do apple brandy beers run a higher risk than most for infection?

No, just Prairie beers in general
La Fours
AG
Ah, I see.
Echoes97
AG
Had a Clown Shoes Extremely Angry Beast for a nightcap last night, pretty damned tasty! CS has a lot of "meh" but Space Cake and EAB are both great IMO. EAB maybe just a tad sweet, but overall very nice.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Mustang1
AG
quote:
I think bba legion might be a dallas only thing

I've been to 2 of the larger Specs in Houston this week & they only had the regular Legion for 9.99
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
I think bba legion might be a dallas only thing

I've been to 2 of the larger Specs in Houston this week & they only had the regular Legion for 9.99
My guess is that this stuff will see larger distribution in the next few batches. This first one seems to be a bit smaller (300 cases?) and in pretty high demand.
army01
AG
quote:
Had a Clown Shoes Extremely Angry Beast for a nightcap last night, pretty damned tasty! CS has a lot of "meh" but Space Cake and EAB are both great IMO. EAB maybe just a tad sweet, but overall very nice.
There are very few times that I have been underwhelmed by clown shoes. I wish I could find some more Billionaire.
docaggie
AG
BBA Legion is DFW distribution only.
They're going to release two more variants on it - unnamed right now - in January and February.

[url] http://tenemu.com/news/community-to-expand-bourbon-barrel-aged-legion-line-in-2015/12/2014 [/url]

Anyone have experience with Cobra Brewing out of Lewisville? They're apparently expanding to distribute to DFW soon.

Oh, and Bourbon Barrel Temptress returns tomorrow.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
La Fours
AG
quote:
BBA Legion is DFW distribution only.
They're going to release two more variants on it - unnamed right now - in January and February.

[url] http://tenemu.com/news/community-to-expand-bourbon-barrel-aged-legion-line-in-2015/12/2014 [/url]

Anyone have experience with Cobra Brewing out of Lewisville? They're apparently expanding to distribute to DFW soon.

Oh, and Bourbon Barrel Temptress returns tomorrow.
The malt liquor?

cpscAG06
AG
Dallas Ags Attention.

All 3 Boubon County Brand variants are at Total Wine park and 75 in Dallas. Right now. Good prices too.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Dallas Ags Attention.

All 3 Boubon County Brand variants are at Total Wine park and 75 in Dallas. Right now. Good prices too.

If anyone has some coffee and vanilla to trade please hit me up.
BSD
AG
I know where you can buy some. How much will you pay?
Kyle98
AG
quote:
There was a Denton County A&M Club happy hour there several months ago. I wasn't overly impressed with their beers at the time. I'd be willing to give it another shot, though.
Echoes97
AG
So far I've procured exactly ONE bottle of BCBS (regular) in Houston. Wish like hell I could find BW and Vanilla but not holding my breath.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
NColoradoAG
quote:
I know where you can buy some. How much will you pay?

20 HJs, 10 BJs, or 2 ZJs
BSD
AG
What's a ZJ?
First Page Last Page
Page 576 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.