Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,876 Views | 62483 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by jah003
EaglePassAg08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haven't posted in this thread in ages....

Although, currently ISO: Vanilla Rye, maybe some Ag can help me out!

Would love to do an IP in Houston.

Name your style, I probably have the right whale for you!
NoneGiven
AG
Got some Rasputin XVII today. Going to have a few friends over to do a tasting of regular and barrel aged versions of Narwhal, Rasputin, and Dirty *******. Then on to BCBS 2012, 2013, and Barleywine. Should be a good time.
turfman80
AG
Beer kudos to BSD for sharing the RRBC love. Thanks Brad!!

Kashchei
AG
quote:

Swill.

DallasAggie2012
AG
Man sounds amazing NoneGiven! I have heard mixed information on the Rasputin XVII today. One of the local guys said he sold a case, and another store said they had not gotten any because of a label approval issue with the TABC. Pretty confusing stuff. North Coast always kills it every year with that beer though.
BSD
AG
quote:

It ain't no fun if the homies can't have none!!!
Jock 07
AG
Finally found a couple BCBWs tonight at bubbles
Robert C. Christian
AG
Sad day here in Rockwall, AB is closing its doors. Place has been awesome, now I have to trip into DFW for good selection.
turfman80
AG
Ran across Stone's Enjoy By 12/26/14 at HEB, but at $9.25 a bottle???!!! Opted instead for a fresh 6 pack of Odell IPA for about the same price.
p-wonk01
AG
quote:
BSD- the goats had to move last summer (big news story).

Pwonk - If we can arrange a time I can get a 2014 abyss to you. send me a text if interested, 4757984305 (reverse order). I should be in or near downtown Saturday and Sunday am.
I very much appreciate the offer and thank you for being willing to hook me up...seriously! My old broker here actually gave me one today and told me where to get another.

check out Hollywood Beverage on NE Sandy....very good selection. They have about 20 more Abyss bottles (1 per) and just got in Mother of All Storms (1 per also)!!
jah003
S
quote:
Finally found a couple BCBWs tonight at bubbles

I need some BCBW in my life... Missed out on that one as it was extremely spotty in Austin. Also need some BCBCS... Hoping it actually gets released In Texas. Texas distro is weird.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Ran across Stone's Enjoy By 12/26/14 at HEB, but at $9.25 a bottle???!!! Opted instead for a fresh 6 pack of Odell IPA for about the same price.

I bought a bottle. It was great as always. Oh and you have something for me.
maca1028
Came across some Christmas Bomb on accident today, has anyone had it? I'm seeing a lot of "meh" on untappd
corndog04
AG
quote:
check out Hollywood Beverage on NE Sandy....very good selection. They have about 20 more Abyss bottles (1 per) and just got in Mother of All Storms (1 per also)!!

Thanks! Looks like I know where we will be stopping on the way back from the airport tonight.
army01
AG
quote:
quote:

I bought a bottle. It was great as always. Oh and you have something for me.
This Enjoy By is daaaaaaaaaaank. ****in' awesome
La Fours
AG
Yessir!!!
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Drank Das Wunderkind tonight. So far it's my least favorite JK but it's still good.
Jock 07
AG
Speaking of JK, any of you Denver people here anything about crooked stave getting anymore in?
oneoutofmany
AG
Anyone in the Metroplex still looking for BCBS? Total Wine in Fort Worth had three 4-packs still available this evening.
Scriffer
AG
Anybody in Dallas have a basic BCBS they'd part with? My trade inventory isn't huge, but maybe we can work something out.
army01
AG
Thanks...I'm going to head up there in the morning. Didn't get anything this year.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Agreed on the latest batch of Enjoy By. I don't know if they tweak the recipe each time but I really loved the bottle I had this weekend - may try to find another one if possible.
CollinAB
AG
Glad to see everybody glowing about the Enjoy By. I picked up a bottle today.
jah003
S
quote:
Anybody in Dallas have a basic BCBS they'd part with? My trade inventory isn't huge, but maybe we can work something out.
If you don't end up finding any, give me a shout... I can ship you a few bottles. Or if you are coming to Austin anytime soon, I can give you a few bottles.
maca1028
I have a couple of regulars and barley wines too if anyone missed out
DallasAggie2012
AG
Anyone tried the Christmas Bomb yet? I know a lot of it is being released today in DFW and wondering if it's worth picking up more than one bottle.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
Man sounds amazing NoneGiven! I have heard mixed information on the Rasputin XVII today. One of the local guys said he sold a case, and another store said they had not gotten any because of a label approval issue with the TABC. Pretty confusing stuff. North Coast always kills it every year with that beer though.
I got the same story. Central Market had to send it back because of some issue with the UPC. He told me mom and pop shops that don't rely on upc would be able to still sell it.

Grabbed mine from a local liquor store. Also noticed Sunrise minimart was selling it yesterday.
Mustang1
AG
quote:

Bought 1 at Whole foods yesterday for 6.99.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Came across some Christmas Bomb on accident today, has anyone had it? I'm seeing a lot of "meh" on untappd
quote:
Anyone tried the Christmas Bomb yet? I know a lot of it is being released today in DFW and wondering if it's worth picking up more than one bottle.

Tried. Probably my least favorite Bomb variant. It's not bad, but I guess I've had so much regular Bomb that the spice at the end of Christmas Bomb just tastes funny to me.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Ahh that makes more sense. I missed it at my local store, but I'll have to find a way to snag it when it comes back around.

Thanks Ninja for the note on the Christmas Bomb. I have seen mixed reviews on it thus far.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
Anyone in the Metroplex still looking for BCBS? Total Wine in Fort Worth had three 4-packs still available this evening.

I wonder if they will still be there today?
Agz_2003
AG
Shiner is introducing a chocolate stout in celebration of their 106th birthday.

army01
AG
quote:
quote:

See you in 40 minutes?
oneoutofmany
AG
quote:
quote:

I was there just before close last night. I imagine they'll be there for at least a few minutes after they open this morning.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

See you in 40 minutes?

Yes actually.
First Page Last Page
Page 570 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.