Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,426 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by SoTxAg
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting. One of the local liquor stores just busted out a case of two last week. Will have to go see if they stil have anymore.
La Fours
AG
quote:
I thought it was quite good. I just bought it last month, so no telling how it was stored for the past few years. I never had it before, so I can't compare fresh vs aged, but if I saw another one on the market I would buy it.

It smelled similar to Kosmic Motherfunk, and tasted sort of like Not the Stoic.
How much did you pay for the bottle? That's pretty cool that the store held back some bottles. Or has it just sat on the shelf collecting dust?
Two Down
AG
So KMF was draft-only, right?
AggieOO
i still have the 11.11.11 and the 12.12.12
La Fours
AG
quote:
i still have the 11.11.11 and the 12.12.12

Nice
army01
AG
I was thinking about getting in to my 12.12.12 as well.
steve00
AG
quote:
quote:
I thought it was quite good. I just bought it last month, so no telling how it was stored for the past few years. I never had it before, so I can't compare fresh vs aged, but if I saw another one on the market I would buy it.

It smelled similar to Kosmic Motherfunk, and tasted sort of like Not the Stoic.
How much did you pay for the bottle? That's pretty cool that the store held back some bottles. Or has it just sat on the shelf collecting dust?

Craftshack.com has 17 bottles left with no bottle limits. They are $6.99.

KMF was draft only. They came through SD for beer week last month so a ton of bars had it on tap.
Two Down
AG
Yeah it looks like KMF went on a 12 city launch tour and the closest it got to me was Dallas; at least, I never saw it anywhere in Houston and don't recall hearing about it.
Jock 07
AG
They had it around Denver during GABF it was pretty good I thought
aggiechris06
AG
Matt Chow just liked a facebook comment I had regarding the Prairie bomb tap takeover at a merchant tonight. I think I might have to go kill myself now.
gordo97
AG
quote:
Does anybody know where I can get Founders Big Lushious in Austin? If not does somebody have access to it that would want to trade?

I saw a few bottles here in Houston last week. I didn't buy any and I'm not sure if they are still around. I could pick it up for you if there are any left, and trade or get cash from you if you really want it.
dummble
AG
steve00 send me an email about trading for PTE. I doubt I have anything you don't have

username at the gmails
aggiechris06
AG
Matt Chow just liked a facebook comment I had regarding the Prairie bomb tap takeover at a merchant tonight. I think I might have to go kill myself now.
army01
AG
quote:
Whoa...31 minutes between Double posts? WTH?
Mustang1
AG
quote:
quote:

wOw
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

wOw

Lol...sorry. accidentally hit the back button then as the page loaded must've hit the area where the post button was...mea culpa
aggiemike02
AG
quote:
quote:
Does anybody know where I can get Founders Big Lushious in Austin? If not does somebody have access to it that would want to trade?

I saw a few bottles here in Houston last week. I didn't buy any and I'm not sure if they are still around. I could pick it up for you if there are any left, and trade or get cash from you if you really want it.
HEB at Bunker Hill had a case or two Monday evening.
Echoes97
AG
FYI, Growler's in Houston just announced Christmas Bomb, limit 1, if you're in the area.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Are Christmas bombs good for trading? I can get as many as I want in OKC.

The store I literally just walked out of had like 6 cases.
Jock 07
AG
Yes sir
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Tonight I drank a sierra nevada hoptimum which was ok but I also had a Caldera brewing Mogli that was awesome.
steve00
AG
quote:
Yes sir
http://i.imgur.com/htaHHXdl.jpg

Good stuff

I'm enjoying this one tonight
p-wonk01
AG
Here at Apex Bar in Portland. Excellent tap and bottle list. Next up...Cascade!!

corndog (or anyone else in the area) - you are free to join if plans free up
Jegan14
AG
quote:

Thank you but I found some tonight at Rosedale Market in Austin. I also bought a Barrel Aged Narwhal without checking the price and it ended up being $24... Hopefully it's worth it.

Also FYI, he said they're getting Christmas Bomb on Friday.
maca1028
pwonk, how long is the drive from Portland to Tillamook? We hope to be making a trip up there this summer and I gotta get my de garde on.
BSD
AG
Pwonk, is there still a field across the street from Cascade where someone raises goats? Serious question. I was hammered and quite possibly hallucinating.
MW13
AG
Had the Robert Earl Keen Honey Pils tonight. Obviously quite a bit different than most of the stuff on here but I was pretty surprised and liked it quite a bit. It would be good for game watching or similar events when you want to throw some back with out getting floored by high ABV.
maca1028
quote:
Pwonk, is there still a field across the street from Cascade where someone raises goats? Serious question. I was hammered and quite possibly hallucinating.

Craft Acid?
BSD
AG
Nah, just some shrooms I ate while out hiking...in the city...from some small baggies...from some hippies' pocket. It was Portland afterall...
The Beer and I
Mini bottleshare tonight, pretty good but I'll be feeling some of those imperial stouts tomorrow:
p-wonk01
AG
quote:
um...hate to break it to you BSD but you were messed up. Honestly though, there is an area caddy corner that is a vacant lot with grass. Maybe you weren't hallucinating! There is the green dragon across the street from what I can tell. I love this place
corndog04
AG
BSD- the goats had to move last summer (big news story).

Pwonk - If we can arrange a time I can get a 2014 abyss to you. send me a text if interested, 4757984305 (reverse order). I should be in or near downtown Saturday and Sunday am.
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
um...hate to break it to you BSD but you were messed up. Honestly though, there is an area caddy corner that is a vacant lot with grass. Maybe you weren't hallucinating! There is the green dragon across the street from what I can tell. I love this place
Thanks Corndog and pwonk. I remember trying to see if they were fainting goats. They were not. Embarrassment ensued. But that's nothing compared to me molesting the cow at Green Dragon. I saw some friends from my hometown who just happened to be there that night and they documented the whole thing. That evening alone is why I can never run for public office. What a night!
BSD
AG
quote:
Mini bottleshare tonight, pretty good but I'll be feeling some of those imperial stouts tomorrow:

Dang!
cc10106
Went to Hay Merchant last night for the Prairie event and had several of the bomb! deconstructed variants, but the Brimstone was the clear winner. Also finally had Jolly Pumpkin's Luciernaga which was a winner. I'm glad it's easy to find because i will be drinking more of that.
First Page Last Page
Page 569 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.