Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,361 Views | 62472 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by jah003
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Work is kicking my ass right now, I need a beer!
jah003
S
quote:
You guys spend too much time with your families

Yep... It really cuts into my beer buying/sharing...
cc10106
Damn, the line @ petrol looks about 50 deep. Glad I arrived earlier. Ready for some ba ten fidy.
La Fours
AG
quote:

And I end up missing too many tap take overs and .rar keg trappings because of it.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
Good releases today.. Dry dock vanilla and coffee porters both barrel aged, Stone stochastic, prairie xmas bomb, avery tweak..

Lol at the Christmas BOMB! label...

RIP Kevin...
maca1028
quote:
Damn, the line @ petrol looks about 50 deep. Glad I arrived earlier. Ready for some ba ten fidy.

cc, do you know If they have any more bottles of merkin left?
La Fours
AG
Is that another one that you've never had? Because, I could have hooked you up with that too. But I drank my last one a couple of days ago.
maca1028
No worries, I think 14 merkin should be hitting in Houston at some point. Petrol had 13 but it's likely gone by now.
maca1028
Anything special on the shelves up there la fours?
La Fours
AG
Sammiclaus? Uh, still a lot of BB26. Kasteel Rouge 4 packs. Not sure if Specs still has their 750ml bottles. Maybe some Prairie Birra. I have scaled back my beer hunting. No backwoods bassterd left, and I didn't even try to get any.

So not really. Brooklyn Cuvee Noir has sat on shelves here for months, maybe close to a year because no on wants to spend $26 for a bottle. I know I don't.
maca1028
Pretty much like Houston, everyone is holding back for black friday
La Fours
AG
As far as I know bcbs is the only hold back here in town. Not sure when FSW stuff drops so who knows.
cc10106
quote:
quote:

cc, do you know If they have any more bottles of merkin left?
Nah, it was gone before i even ordered, along with the BA narwhal.
Two Down
AG
So how bad is the line at spec's gonna be on Friday? I typically try to avoid lines/neckbeards but have never had BCBS and am considering biting the bullet if i don't have to get there at like 6 am.
Ags #1
AG
It will be very bad. Get there by 8 at the latest
MW13
AG
903 Sugar on Top IPA right now. Good stuff!
Falcon85
AG
Harpoon Imperial Pumpkin is pretty close to St. Arnold's but a little lighter on the spices, if you are looking for a pumpkin beer for Thanksgiving.
jah003
S
quote:
So how bad is the line at spec's gonna be on Friday? I typically try to avoid lines/neckbeards but have never had BCBS and am considering biting the bullet if i don't have to get there at like 6 am.

Houston I'm assuming?

Just avoid it all together... It'll hit other stores like HEB. I could find it up to a week after release in Austin last year.
Ags #1
AG
Yeah, the specs in Houston is a cluster
Two Down
AG
Yes Houston. And I wasn't aware it was hitting anywhere else, the beer guy made it sound like it wasn't going to be at any other spec's in town.
jah003
S
quote:
Yes Houston. And I wasn't aware it was hitting anywhere else, the beer guy made it sound like it wasn't going to be at any other spec's in town.

Pretty much every HEB I walked into last year had it in Austin. I think Houston was very similar. I don't think it hit HEB on Black Friday last year... It came later. So maybe that's what he was referencing. If he was trying to say they would be the only ones to get it... He's a dirty liar.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
First beer of the night was a home brewed pumpkin ale.

Now I'm working on a Clown Shoes Royal Standard Wee Heavy Ale. It's pretty damn good.
Jock 07
AG
Is crooked stave moving out of the source? They put something up but the link is blocked here at work.
p-wonk01
AG
Enjoyed some football and a bottle share at BMac's today. Good times were had by all!

[URL=http://s437.photobucket.com/user/nathanp01/media/temporary_zps7d7ea47c.jpg.html][/URL]
MW13
AG
Now really enjoying an Odell Double Pilsner.
maca1028
I'm with jah, places like HEB and whole foods in Houston will have it he following week, that was the case last year
La Fours
AG
quote:

Hey, dillhole, read your PM's.
AggieOO
Drinking a 21 year ola dubh. Holy balls this **** is amazing.
Jock 07
AG
P-wonk, how was the eclipse, worth the $30 price tag?
army01
AG
quote:
I am not in Houston, but unless you are going for the other bottles they hold back, I would avoid smith street for the BCBS release. Get it elsewhere later in the day/following week.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Drinking a 21 year ola dubh. Holy balls this **** is amazing.
dave99ag
AG
Spent the last few days at Disney World. I was able to manage hhalfway around the world at Epcot. Skipped on some of the lesser offerings. Took my niece while wife was at conference. I earned those beers!
p-wonk01
AG
quote:
P-wonk, how was the eclipse, worth the $30 price tag?
it was an excellent beer, but that's quite a bit for it. There are several variants aged in different spirits..
the Pappy would certainly be worth that. I randomly found it in Hawaii before my flight back. It can be hard to.come by and was a really good beer....so it may be worth it.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Jolly Pumpkin Bam Biere.
Ranger222
AG
I'll be in CS this week for the LSU game, so I may be joining in on the hunt for BCBS as well. I've never had it either, so I want to check it off my list.
First Page Last Page
Page 561 of 1785

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.