Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,645,839 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Barrel Aged Bomb! (Balcones Bomb) released in Dallas this morning. $11.99 - $13.99 already gone in some places.

ISO
DallasAggie2012
AG
Where did you find some cpscAG?

NCo, I will try to find one for you and bring it to the Mizzou Bottle Share if you want one.
BSD
AG
quote:
Never mind. I figured it out.

Mizzou bottle share spreadsheet
I'm just TTT'ing the spreadsheet so I don't have to keep searching for it.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Where did you find some cpscAG?

NCo, I will try to find one for you and bring it to the Mizzou Bottle Share if you want one.

Would you like some double dba? I believe there's some still kicking around here
Echoes97
AG
Adam, if you don't mind and have the space, I'll definitely pay you for a DDBA if you can bring it to the share. I only have one and I've never actually tasted it cause I've been waiting for an occasion. In fact, I'll bring my existing one to share w/ you guys if you get me a replacement!

If not, no worries, just thought I'd throw it out there. Look forward to Saturday.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
DallasAggie2012
AG
I would love some Double DBA man. I've been searching hard to find some more down here and cannot find any for the life of me. There was 3 cases for all of Fort Worth of DDBA.
BSD
AG
I think I have a shiner of Double DBA from 2012. I labeled it DBA but I'm pretty sure its DDBA since it came in a box and the label on it as way different than what I see today. I'll bring it to the share.
NColoradoAG
I will go straight after work and buy up what I can. I think I'm bringing the wine check so it'll be easily transported.

La Fours, how is the FBS supply in CS?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Where did Estival Dichotomus come from? Is in the JK bottles to go menu for this weekend listed as their beer but it's not in their beer page and there is no blog post about it.
BSD
AG
they just sent an email this morning:

quote:
We are excited to introduce Jester King Estival Dichotomous our summer
saison brewed with chamomile and spelt and refermented with
strawberries. Estival Dichotomous is our second seasonal saison
following Hibernal Dichotomous, which we released in April of 2014. As we mentioned at the time of the
Hibernal Dichotomous release, our brewing is largely driven by the
seasons. We make farmhouse ales when the weather is hot and temperatures
are conducive to fermentation in stainless steel, and we make
spontaneously fermented beers and barrel fermented beers when
temperatures are cold and conducive to overnight inoculation of wort and
slow maturation in oak. We also use the ingredients that are available
to us at various times during the year. For instance, in the winter we
make beer with citrus fruit, in the spring we use peaches, in the summer
we use apricots, blueberries and figs, and in the fall we use grapes,
horehound, lemon bee balm, and squash. Estival Dichotomous is an analog
for the summer season. It's a beer that's evocative of the summer
weather and its bounty, particularly the smells of hay resting in the
fields late in the season.

Estival Dichotomous was brewed in early July of 2014 with Hill Country well
water, barley, spelt, hops, and chamomile. It was fermented with our
unique mixed culture of microorganisms consisting of brewers yeast and
native yeast and bacteria harvested from our land in the Texas Hill
Country, and then refermented with strawberries. Finally, it underwent a
long term refermentation and maturation in bottles, kegs, and casks
over the course of three months. Mixed culture fermentation is a very
slow and patient process, so while Estival Dichotomous is evocative of
the summer, its release is not tied to the season from which it
originated. In terms of the chamomile addition, we stayed true to the
words and wisdom of our friend Yvan De Baets of Brasserie De La Senne in Brussels, Belgium. Yvan writes in Phil Markowski's Farmhouse Ales, "If spices are used, it must be with the utmost moderation. A saison is
not by any means a spice soup." Estival Dichotomous is 6.0% alcohol by
volume, has a finishing gravity of 1.000 (0 degrees Plato), and was 4.1
pH at the time of bottling. Given the tartness that has developed in the
flavor profile, we suspect the pH has slowly dropped over the last
three months while in the bottles, kegs, and casks.

Estival Dichotomous will be released at Jester King Brewery on Friday, November
14th when our tasting room opens at 4pm. It will be available by the
glass, as well as to go in 750ml bottles ($12, limit 3 per customer per
day). Approximately 3,000 bottles are available, and at this point, we
do not anticipate Estival Dichotomous being available beyond Jester
King, aside from a few special events.

NColoradoAG
It's on the blog now. Saison with chamomile and strawberry. Sounds tasty.

I will be at JK tomorrow around 4:30 and then at Top Golf if anyone in Austin wants to get together.

I wish Colour Five would have lasted one more day.
Echoes97
AG
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
cpscAG06
AG
DallasAggie, I found it at Hall's. I know Spec's got it today too. I am sure all of the usual suspects will be getting it today in Dallas. I will try to snag another bottle for you.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Yeah I talked to the guy at Hall's and he said it sold out in 26 minutes.haha I know Southlake Central Market got some, but their case was 1 bottle short so they couldn't receive it. Most of the places around here said they were getting it on Friday most likely.

If you find one though, I would gladly oblige.
cpscAG06
AG
Wierd, I called Matt at Southlake Central Market, and he said the intake order had "Not Available" and that they wouldn't get it.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Hmm very strange. I called him earlier and he said he didn't know what they were going to do about the short case, so maybe it's just not going to work out. Very unfortunate. Ft. Worth Central Market said they were hopefully getting some tomorrow along with Las Colinas Beverages, and Lonestar Beverages is doing a drawing to see who gets to buy the beers, which is weird.
La Fours
AG
quote:
I will go straight after work and buy up what I can. I think I'm bringing the wine check so it'll be easily transported.

La Fours, how is the FBS supply in CS?
Not sure, I just texted the beer/wine guy at my store asking. Also, Harvey Washbangers got in some bottles of JK Mad Meg and Commercial Suicide, plus some Jolly Pumpkin Luciernaga and Bam Biere.
maca1028
Damn, I hope those make it to Houston. Petrol had a keg last Friday I believe but it was done in about 15 minutes
La Fours
AG
Just heard back that the HEB by my house still has plenty.

I got whatcha need
Jock 07
AG
Plenty of DDBA sitting on the shelves here, but alas, I'm not making it down for the Mizzou game. Speaking of FW, I'm currently sipping on an 18 on tap. It's a damn good beer but I prefered 17. Perhaps it just needs to mellow out a bit still
DallasAggie2012
AG
Where are you at Jock? I would be willing to try a trade or just buy some straight up possibly depending on how easy it would be.

Also, I had the 16 on tap last weekend and it was very smooth and complex. The boozy had gone way down and gave a nice mellow finish. Definitely an interesting and delicious beer.
army01
AG
quote:
I would love some Double DBA man. I've been searching hard to find some more down here and cannot find any for the life of me. There was 3 cases for all of Fort Worth of DDBA.
You sure about that 3 cases number? Because I ended up with 3 bottles of it. Double DBA has been the easiest for me to find in FW.
Jock 07
AG
Colorado Springs, will be down in the ft worth and Houston area for Christmas if you're still looking for one then. Barrelworks is one of the top barrel aging programs in the country IMO.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Awesome! Yes I want to stockpile as many as possible since apparently they are not going to bottle in again in the foreseeable future. I would be willing to trade or pay cash if you wouldn't mind. And yes Barrelworks is top notch for sure.

Army, did you get those DDBA's from the latest shipment or from the one a few months ago? The guys I talked to said the very last shipment this week was very scarce. They could definitely be wrong though.

Edit: Stockpile sounds like a harsh word choice since I'm not trying to hoard a bunch of them like certain well known individuals in the craft beer world.haha Didn't wanna come across wrong in my intentions there.
jah003
S
quote:
It's on the blog now. Saison with chamomile and strawberry. Sounds tasty.

I will be at JK tomorrow around 4:30 and then at Top Golf if anyone in Austin wants to get together.

I wish Colour Five would have lasted one more day.

I may come out... Not leaving for CS until Saturday morning. Gotta talk the wife into it, though.

If your looking for FBS... There's a place in Austin about 20 minutes from JK that has it stockpiled. If it's still around in CS, that would obviously be much easier, though.

Forgot to mention... JK has Balcones Bomb on their bottles to go list. It'll go fast, but getting there at 4:30 might get it done.
army01
AG
I didn't realize that there were multiple shipments. I bought them probably ~1.5 months ago...those three are all 2014 bottles.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
quote:
Forgot to mention... JK has Balcones Bomb on their bottles to go list. It'll go fast, but getting there at 4:30 might get it done.

$21.00! Nah.
maca1028
Balcones is in Houston at growlers on Montrose and I have a f***ing meeting at 3:30! Son of a...!
cpscAG06
AG
Head Ninja, Jeff at JK clarified that the $21 mark for Balcones Bomb was a typo. They are $14 at JK this weekend. Or should I say on Friday lol
62strat
AG
quote:
Also found a new beer store tonight.

Where are you? Somewhere in CO?
La Fours
AG
He lives in San Diego.
BSD
AG
I hear he's about to move to Katy.
La Fours
AG
Leave that poor guy alone. He's already suffered enough because of that other guy.
BSD
AG
I know. This guy is going to HATE me at this rate!!!
steve00
AG
As noted, I am in San Diego.

I got these at Quality Liquor Store, whose website is much nicer than their physical location. Looks like they ship to CO, but not TX.

When I went in last night, they had at least 10 each of Sanctification, Supplication and Damnation, though I can't find them on the website.
First Page Last Page
Page 554 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.