Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,032 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by SoTxAg
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Based on how the previous shares have gone, 2 or 3pm is the latest I would say we should start. Since they tend to last 2-3 hours.
NColoradoAG
Any time works for me. My vote would be to start around 12-1pm. I'll be around about 10am to help set up our tailgate. I'll drink about a liter of Makers and then head over to pass out in the comfiest looking chair at Pwonks tailgate.

I will bring a sleeve or two of cups.
BSD
AG
2:00 or 2:30 is my preference, of course that being dependent on the gentlemen hosting us.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Im in for whatever time. May not be able to stay super long as we have a cousin in high school coming with us to see the campus, but I will definitely be dropping by.
p-wonk01
AG
I believe we plan to be out there around 1pm for our tailgate. We could start then and drink a few basics waiting for 2pm to break out the other stuff when BSD and others can join. Sound good? I can accommodate.

quote:
Also food wise, our tailgate is right down the way from y'all's p-wonk, and everyone is welcome to stop by there on the way to or way back from the share as we'll have tons of food. I'll try and bring some food down when I come also. Our tailgate is directly at the corner of Penberthy and John Kimbrough w/ the tents/satellite/TVs, big 5th wheel smoker trailer and flags (Maroon Mayhem). All Ags welcome.

I appreciate that! My parents cook for a group that can be small or very large depending on who shows up. They certainly don't mind feeding any Ags, but they've already bought everything and I didn't want to throw another wrench in the plans. More than likely there will be stuff there.

BSD - that was a dang tasty brisket last time

army01
AG
quote:
I will bring a sleeve or two of cups.
Cups?!?! WTF kind of hack share is this? Cups?!?!
La Fours
AG
So based on this, let's plan for 2pm. I updated the spreadsheet to show the start time of 2pm.
AgEng06
AG
I'm going to try to make this one. We'll be going to the game for sure, but since I'll be with a larger group, I'm not sure of the logistics of getting away at 2 pm.

The hardest part for me will be deciding what to bring. I don't have quite the collection of "great beers" as some of you guys do...
Jock 07
AG
Wish I could be there
maca1028
quote:
Wish I could be there

Me too, first season in 5 years I haven't made a game
Scriffer
AG
I tailgate across the street, so I'll swing by with a growler or two. Won't be able to stay long though.
La Fours
AG
French Quarter Temptress?
aggiejz
AG
Aight... Adding beers to the spreadsheet. The 2 from Blackstone and 2 from Highland are each 12oz bottles and not exactly whalezbro or anything, but they're all above-average to good. I might bring 2 of each cuz they're just sitting around right now & I don't intend to age any of 'em.

I also could either bring a 2012 & 2013 Pumpkinator, or BB3+4+6. Y'all have any preference? Or none of the above? I have some other stuff, too.
La Fours
AG
Doesn't have to be walez bro. And I would prefer the BB, but I'm cool with whatever you want to share.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
French Quarter Temptress?
Stuff's getting harder and harder to find. I'll see if I can track it down though.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Having a Sam Adams Merry Maker while watching Polar Express with the kids. Couldn't be happier the cold weather is here.
AgEng06
AG
Having an Almanac Farmer's Reserve Citrus. It's very good.
jetch17
AG
This is actually ALOT better than regular ass pumpkinator

cc10106
St. Arnold should make BB6 part of their regular seasonal lineup.
ElectricAg13
AG
quote:
Having a Sam Adams Merry Maker while watching Polar Express with the kids. Couldn't be happier the cold weather is here.
How was the Merry Maker? I saw one a few days ago and decided to go with something else but my swing back by to grab one. It looked very intriguing.
Green Fairy
AG
Came across the first Backwoods B astard I've seen this year at the spring valley specs a moment ago. I'd really like to motor through a 4-pack and some of the bottle of eagle rare I picked up and call it a night.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I like it. Had some last year. Not too over the top on anything.
Bmac04
AG
Pic from my weekly share tonight. West Ahsley was incredible, noticeably better than Aurelian. Assassin stole the show. Reminded me a lot of Bourbon County Rare will a little different aftertaste. Much easier to acquire though. If you are on the fence to trade for it I would pull the trigger.

Jock 07
AG
quote:
Well I broke down and paid that damn $43 price tag.

That's $80 of beer staring you in the face right there.

So, one of my local liquor stores is trying to gauge interest in the bourbonic plague for 43bucks a bottle. Thinking about splitting it with a buddy of mine, as I just can't bring myself to drop that kind of money on a bottle of beer.
steve00
AG
Had a Sam Adams Kosmic Mother Funk tonight. Compares favorably to RRBC sours. Interesting to taste it in its own after having it as a flavoring agent in Utopias.

Also had a Pliny since they had it. Great as always.
Jock 07
AG
Had the Kosmic Mother Funk at the Yard House in the Denver Sheraton before heading over to GABF, I was a fan.
steve00
AG
Also found a new beer store tonight.

La Fours
AG
quote:
Pic from my weekly share tonight. West Ahsley was incredible, noticeably better than Aurelian. Assassin stole the show. Reminded me a lot of Bourbon County Rare will a little different aftertaste. Much easier to acquire though. If you are on the fence to trade for it I would pull the trigger.

Damn, nice line up!!
BSD
AG
quote:

Note to self: get invited to bmac's weekly tasting.
La Fours
AG
Nice haul!!
DallasAggie2012
AG
Dang Steve00 nice work! Very good lineup of beers right there.

I was able to snag a Bourbon Barrel Narwhal and FW Velvet Merkin last night in Dallas. I didn't have any luck with the last shipment of Double DBA to Dallas though as apparently it was really small.

Anyone have any luck finding some Double DBA? I would do just about anything to get my hands on another bottle.
MW13
AG
Picked up Perpetual Peace, Sugar on Top and Ranger Creek #9 Blackberry Sour. Excited to try all 3.
La Fours
AG
Are you in San Antonio? Where did you get the Ranger Creek blackberry sour? ISO!!
MW13
AG
Specs in Ft Worth
cpscAG06
AG
Barrel Aged Bomb! (Balcones Bomb) released in Dallas this morning. $11.99 - $13.99 already gone in some places.
First Page Last Page
Page 553 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.