Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,424 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by La Fours
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jetch17
AG
MW13
AG
Ya I aint payin 43 dollars for a beer.
Jock 07
AG
My last batch 60 seemed like a good choice for tonight. Might get into the temptation, we'll see.

jetch17
AG
Talmbout
BSD
AG
Good win. Drink up ****ers!
dave99ag
AG
Brewdogs Toklo... Boozy but worth it for the win.
maca1028
Forgot about my JK provenance in the freezer
Scriffer
AG
Had a blast on the Community on Tour event today. Got back to the brewery just in time for the end.
CollinAB
AG
I was at work today but managed to time my break to watch the end of the game. Wow. That was pretty crazy. So now it's time to drink what I can before going in tomorrow at 7 AM...
DallasAggie2012
AG
quote:
Brunch Money for me. Pretty interesting. I'm a fan and at 10% a good way to start off this game!

I took this down as my celebratory beer! Such an amazing beer.
Bmac04
AG
Had to break this out for tonight
Icecream_Ag
S
had 3-5 North Shore PranQsters at Kilbourns during the game yesterday.

amazing freaking beer, likely helped by the win
cc10106
quote:
quote:
No Label bottled Perpetual Peace. Almost more excited about that news than Yellow Rose getting bottled. Almost.
No Label has really impressed me recently compared to their initial offerings. Nightmare on 1st Street was really good and I enjoyed Eleven Amp IPA.
Picked up a bottle of Perpetual Peace last night. Me gusta! Nightmare was a win as well.
cc10106
Celebrating the win today and keeping it rolling with 2013 Pumpkinator now, and it's much better than the fresh bottle i had recently. Cuvee des Jacobins coming up.
dave99ag
AG
Went to the RenFest today and the brewery there had NoLabel there for a tasting. Perpetual Peace made an appearance and for nearly 11% it wasn't as boozy as I thought it would be. Probably still age it though or at least warm up a bit. He also brought out their rye saison that was very tasty. It truly had no label on the bottle as they thinking about bottling it next year.
jah003
S
Well fellas... Doesn't look like I'll be able to host the share for Mizzou. I've got far too much family stuff going on that weekend (most of which I was unaware of until now). Not even sure if I'll be able to make an appearance if a share does happen.

So, would anyone else be able to pick up this share? I really hate to cancel and I do love me a good share, but it's just not gonna happen. I will accept my punishment now...
BSD
AG
WTF?
p-wonk01
AG
I'm sure we can pick up the slack at our tailgate like the one game last year if that works. You may recall that we are along the grass on the north side of Reed Arena (will provide map again if the decision is made to go here).

we will have a ton of people at our tailgate and I'll be cooking most of the time for them, but there should be room for a table or two right next to our tents where the New Republic Brewery guys set up (with us).

Just say the word and you've got yourself a new landing spot!
maca1028
Sucks you can't make it jah, kinda the same situation I've got that weekend with too much going on at home to make it up to BCS. We moved our Santas Wonderland trip back to 11/23....bottleshare at the firepit anyone? I'm share the merry folks at Santas Town won't mind.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Sucks you can't make it jah, kinda the same situation I've got that weekend with too much going on at home to make it up to BCS. We moved our Santas Wonderland trip back to 11/23....bottleshare at the firepit anyone? I'm share the merry folks at Santas Town won't mind.
They won't mind at all, until NColorado winds up passed out in Santa's lap
maca1028
maca1028
Finally knocking this one out
Bmac04
AG
I 2nd what P-Wonk said. Would be more than happy to help host the share.
jah003
S
Thanks for all the help guys... Didn't think I would have so much family in town next weekend. And having a new baby means everyone wants to see you.

I've got some beer for a few people, so I'll swing by and drop those off at some point. I won't be able to stay for the share, though. Sad to miss it, but got to put the family first.
BSD
AG
quote:
I'm sure we can pick up the slack at our tailgate like the one game last year if that works. You may recall that we are along the grass on the north side of Reed Arena (will provide map again if the decision is made to go here).

we will have a ton of people at our tailgate and I'll be cooking most of the time for them, but there should be room for a table or two right next to our tents where the New Republic Brewery guys set up (with us).

Just say the word and you've got yourself a new landing spot!

That's good people right there!
BSD
AG
Jetch and another buddy came over to taste thru a few beers today.

After making sweet love to our mouths, these three bottles took off to the kitchen and here we see two the two Bretts Eiffel Towering a Dark Raspberry in a classic teamwork move of skill and precision.

And here is my spitter. The plan was to bottle that and bring it to the bottle share but Jetch took it as a roadie for the drive home.

maca1028
quote:

After making sweet love to our mouths, these three bottles took off to the kitchen and here we see two the two Bretts Eiffel Towering a Dark Raspberry in a classic teamwork move of skill and precision.

And here is my spitter. The plan was to bottle that and bring it to the bottle share but Jetch took it as a roadie for the drive home.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:

#RNS
jetch17
AG
Dat spitter doe
NColoradoAG
I could host too if needed, minus 10am makers mark.

Jock07 is permabanned.
NColoradoAG
BSD, did the suggested order work? Thoughts on the lineup?
Jock 07
AG
quote:
I could host too if needed, minus 10am makers mark.

Jock07 is permabanned.
Sorry, the fruit was just hanging way too low, so to speak
BSD
AG
quote:
BSD, did the suggested order work? Thoughts on the lineup?
The order did work well, thanks for the ideas. Believe it or not, this was my first experience with most of these beers. I meant to do this tasting in the spring but it jut got delayed a few times. The whole lineup was very nice. Like a good wine, I think some of the beers got better as they warmed a bit and opened up with some air, especially the Plum, which was actually one of my least favorite on first impression (sorry, Jetch, but the little bit of this that was left in the bottle after you left was singing!). The same goes for the Persica #2.

I really enjoyed the Origin grand cru. It was almost Consecration like, and you know I am fan of that.

The Raspberry ddint gush, but sure as hell was a lot more carbonated than all the others. I got some decent head on that one...wait, what?

I'd rate my spitter at a 99...with touches of almond, gouda, and a slight hint of amylase.
Jock 07
AG
Nightmare really opens up and gets a lot better as it warms up imo
First Page Last Page
Page 551 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.