Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,634,155 Views | 62600 Replies | Last: 54 min ago by ChipFTAC01
GoAgs92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went to a no label event a couple weeks ago and the 2 beers they had were Black Wit-O and First Street Blonde...they were both awful.

Usually get their IPA but Specs has Stone's Arrogant ******* Ale on Sale for $3.99 a bomber...never had it...any good?
bmc13
AG
I like to have one every now and then
Scriffer
AG
The gf and I have plans to go to the Friday afternoon tasting at Lone Star Beverages. They just tweeted they have a special event for North Texas Beer Week, and they're bringing in Epic Brewing.

How do you get trolled on Beer Week? HOW?
army01
AG
quote:
The gf and I have plans to go to the Friday afternoon tasting at Lone Star Beverages. They just tweeted they have a special event for North Texas Beer Week, and they're bringing in Epic Brewing.

for Big Bad Baptist....I'm going to pick up a bottle in a few minutes -- I'll find out if Derek knows what he is talking about. :-)
army01
AG
Also...late night Abyss on "Stout Day" means a Stout headache in the morning was enjoyed while getting the kids ready for school. Ugh.
Scriffer
AG
Great. Missed the Stout Day badge too.

We'll still go, just out of curiosity for Big Bad Baptist.

Any of you Dallas folks doing the Community Goes on Tour tomorrow afternoon? Figure it'll be a great distraction from the human rights violations we're going to suffer at the hands of Auburn.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

for Big Bad Baptist....I'm going to pick up a bottle in a few minutes -- I'll find out if Derek knows what he is talking about. :-)
Mustang1
AG
Plenty of Yellow Rose at the new Whole Foods on Post Oak if anyone wanted some more
NColoradoAG
Strat & Jock, Barrel Aged Narwhal is hitting Colorado shelves today.
aggiemike02
AG
quote:
hope this makes it to Houston!!
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Just saw that, BBQ & BA Rasputin also dropped here today as well. Also, the dry dock BA double brown looks intriguing, depending on the price.
maca1028
Need some help TexAgs, my choices are one of 2 DDBAs, CW16, '13 Darkness, or a '14 dark lord. The darkness is looking good but I've been sitting on it for a while and I don't have the fire power to trade for another one right now.
La Fours
AG
What's the occasion? Or just because?
maca1028
Just because
La Fours
AG
Then I vote CW16 or one of the DDBA's.
La Fours
AG
You'll catch the beetus from that DL 14. If it's anything like the one I had, it's way too young. Drink it in a few years.
jetch17
AG
quote:
No Label bottled Perpetual Peace. Almost more excited about that news than Yellow Rose getting bottled. Almost.

FYI, D&Q has assloads of this (PP) and fresh yellow rose today

I got some yellow rose and la folie

They also had buff bayou 'pumpkin spice latte' if any of yall still have boners for that kinda stuff
DallasAggie2012
AG
Go with the DDBA. You won't be disappointed! Had some last night and forgot just how incredible of a beer it is.

Scriffer, I thought about doing the Community tour but decided I should subject myself to whatever kind of torture tomorrow afternoon brings instead with plenty of beer at the ready. It looks like its gonna be an awesome time though.
BSD
AG
How often is Yellow Rose brewed and bottled? I'd like to take some fresh bottles to my west coast homies over Thanksgiving.
maca1028
quote:
How often is Yellow Rose brewed and bottled? I'd like to take some fresh bottles to my west coast homies over Thanksgiving.

I think they are bottled once a month but I haven't seen one with a date on it yet
Jock 07
AG
So I picked up a Narwah and a BBQ yesterday. Hoping I like the Narwah, the only stouts I really like are the bba ones so I'm hoping I like this one too. Anyone know about the BA Gulden Draak? Liquor store dude was recomending it.
jetch17
AG
The cases at D&Q had a date from last week on the box, but not on bottle
TxKng82
AG
quote:
So I picked up a Narwah and a BBQ yesterday. Hoping I like the Narwah, the only stouts I really like are the bba ones so I'm hoping I like this one too. Anyone know about the BA Gulden Draak? Liquor store dude was recomending it.

The Narwhal is good, definitely stout. If you're not a big stout drinker it may be a little much but it's good.
62strat
AG
Jock, gulden draak is a great Belgian dark strong.
NColoradoAG
quote:

Was it the BA Narwhal? What are they running down there? Hopefully I can find one tomorrow on my way to the IMAX
Jock 07
AG
It was the barrel aged Narwhal bomber, cost bout 19 bucks with tax. Have heard about it from a couple folks so I figured I'd give it a try.
wessimo
AG

Go Ags.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Damnation here. It got the Ags off to a good start but I only have one.
MW13
AG
Brunch Money for me. Pretty interesting. I'm a fan and at 10% a good way to start off this game!
Jason_Ag98
AG
Switched to JK El Cedro. Still getting it done, but I am on pace to be realllllllllly drunk by the end of the game.
jh0400
AG
Had a couple of Lil Sumpin Wilds, and now I'm on to a 010 Bodacious. I have a Wytchmaker on deck.
MW13
AG
Man that was my only Brunch Money not sure what to do for 2nd half.

Went with St. Arnold's 20th Anniversary. Staying with Texas and high ABC. LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!
Jason_Ag98
AG
Bourbon County Barleywine. Let's goooooooooo!
dave99ag
AG
Vanilla Noir and delicious!
62strat
AG
Nice little score tonight... Didn't see the Narwahl though..

Ok.. my personal spending limit has officially been challenged... $43!!!! I could only stomach the $33 one.

First Page Last Page
Page 550 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.