Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,644,095 Views | 62619 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by Jock 07
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Shot in the dark here -

Anybody know where to get the Maui Brewing Co. beers in Houston?

No luck at the local Specs or HEBs

Went to the new HEB in league city today and they had a few 6 packs. This is what I came home with
bevokilla
AG
quote:
No Label bottled Perpetual Peace. Almost more excited about that news than Yellow Rose getting bottled. Almost.
No Label has really impressed me recently compared to their initial offerings. Nightmare on 1st Street was really good and I enjoyed Eleven Amp IPA.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
^Word. They've improved dramatically.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Heading to the new HEB later this evening. Heard they scratched the growler station last second.
DallasAggie2012
AG
quote:
DallasAggie2012 --

Looks like FW Velvet Mocha Merlin just got approval last Friday.
Oh man you're a life saver! I hope to get my hands on some of that goodness. Hitting up Meddlesome Moth tomorrow night for some other FW rare tappings. I think they will have Double DBA and FW 16 on tap if anyone is interested.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
One more thing about Perpetual Peace. I remember it released the same time as Bishop's Barrel 5 and I thought it blew the BB out of the water. And I thought it was close competition for Backwoods *******.
maca1028
quote:
Heading to the new HEB later this evening. Heard they scratched the growler station last second.

I didn't see it there, beer selection was decent, one of the guys said they would post future releases on their Twitter handle @LCMbeerandwine
Quincey P. Morris
AG
My wife asked earlier and that's what she was told. She was off today and went to go check it out.
txaggie05
AG
BCBBW seems like a good idea with all of the rain that we're still getting
Jegan14
AG
Would a trade for 1 Colour Five for 3 Russian River sours be fair? For example Consecration, Supplication and Sanctification.
army01
AG
Good God. I might have to drive down to Jester King if that is what you can get for a Color Five.
La Fours
AG
Is that what you want? If so, then yeah, I think that's fair. Since you're getting almost 3x the $ amount in return. If it was me, I would aim higher for something from DeGard or Sante Adairus Rustic Ales. I don't think you can pull a West Ashley for 1 Colour 5. But for 2 I would think a West Ashley and a second beer like Saison Bernice would be fair.
p-wonk01
AG
I came across this the other day and thought it would make a great Christmas gift for the beer lover in all of us. Has anyone ever tried one of these? Gimmick?

http://www.deepsouthbarrels.com/create/Oak-Barrels?c=234153
Scriffer
AG
Think the 20 liter barrel is big enough to put suspenders on and wear around like a Depression Era hobo?
p-wonk01
AG
quote:
Think the 20 liter barrel is big enough to put suspenders on and wear around like a Depression Era hobo?

You now have your Halloween costume for next year
La Fours
AG
I haven't bought one, but I have considered buying a small one to put cheap bourbon in to see how it improves. I know there are others on TexAgs that have done it. I'll see if I can find the threads where they discussed it.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:

You now have your Halloween costume for next year
I suppose it'd work for Halloween too.
La Fours
AG
Here you go.

DIY whiskey aging
p-wonk01
AG
I barely have time these days to get on TexAgs due to a busy work and travel schedule, so I feel a bit behind the times.

BMAc - since you weren't at the tailgate last week I think I'll tax you one of those bottles for the Mizzou week

I've heard about the upcoming bottle share and hope to join for a beer or two. I'll have my brother and several buddies I haven't seen in a while joining our tailgate, so I can't be rude to them and leave for a long time. Of course...it will probably be the best yet if I miss it.

I'll be heading to the Bay Area this weekend though Wednesday (work) and will be up at Rohnert Park on Sunday evening. My plan is to head up to Russian River that evening for a few drinks if anyone on here will be in the area and is interested! My boss will be in tow I imagine, so it may not be for long. I did tell him I had no choice but to go when I was up there and he understood of course.
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
I'm still trying to track down Lil Sumpin Wild in Dallas. I'm afraid I missed it when I left town last weekend.
I haven't come across it here in Austin yet either (although I haven't really searched it out). I asked my local HEB about it today and they told me they have it in but are waiting to put it out until they sell through their inventory of Lil Sumpin Extra (two cases left). Maybe it's a similar story elsewhere?
aggielax48
AG
Spec's carries the 1-liter barrel.

I picked up Little Sumpin Wild in Austin about a week ago. Don't remember where, I think the HEB on Escarpment but it could have been Spec's.

Picked up Velvet Merkin and Big Bad Baptist last night at Spec's. Didn't get one but they had a bunch of Black Butte XXVI.
ElectricAg13
AG
quote:
Hitting up Meddlesome Moth tomorrow night for some other FW rare tappings. I think they will have Double DBA and FW 16 on tap if anyone is interested.

Are you still planning on going heading up there this evening? I was thinking about swinging by Meddlesom Moth tonight as well. Too many good FW beers to pass up.
DallasAggie2012
AG
quote:
quote:
Hitting up Meddlesome Moth tomorrow night for some other FW rare tappings. I think they will have Double DBA and FW 16 on tap if anyone is interested.

Are you still planning on going heading up there this evening? I was thinking about swinging by Meddlesom Moth tonight as well. Too many good FW beers to pass up.
You know it man! Be there with my brother-in-law who you may know.
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
I picked up Little Sumpin Wild in Austin about a week ago. Don't remember where, I think the HEB on Escarpment but it could have been Spec's.
Must have been Spec's -- HEB on Escarpment is the one I checked at. They are also expecting Velvet Merkin soon but didn't have an exact date yet.
txaggie05
AG
Stout Day at Flying Saucer in SA. BCBS and KBS back to back.
jah003
S
Pro tip... Buy your Black Butte XXVI at HEB... They are using last years UPC so it's 12.99. At least it is in Austin anyways...
AggieOO
Yep. I picked up a couple. Still a crapload of bottles at my local heb.
62strat
AG
Quick $75 right here.

Now have 3 Rumpkins and 4 PumpKYns from this year's batch.

Nice to see the Cascade's have shown up in CO.

Jock 07
AG
Hopefully some of that cascade makes its way down here
Bmac04
AG
Felt like a loon night

maca1028

Go Rockets!
maca1028
So velvet merkin is out?
Jock 07
AG
quote:
So velvet merkin is out?
They are here at least. Saw a bunch on the shelf the other day.
Jock 07
AG
Not a huge fan of most of the Lindemans stuff but this isn't that bad

Scriffer
AG
Manual labor calls for a good honest beer at a tasty price

First Page Last Page
Page 549 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.