Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,675 Views | 62474 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by txag2008
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They pulled them?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
I wonder if this is some kind of backlash from them not distributing any of their limited releases.

That wouldn't make much sense. They don't produce enough to distribute all of their limited releases.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Seriously, was at Big Specs on Saturday. Saw Wunderkind, Noble King, El Cedro, there normal shelf selections there.
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:
I wonder if this is some kind of backlash from them not distributing any of their limited releases.

That wouldn't make much sense. They don't produce enough to distribute all of their limited releases.

I can see it from the retailer's side, especially when there are times when the space dedicated to JK beers is empty presumably because JK chooses to focus on their limited release beers instead of producing for distribution. There is a cost to retailers to hold space for product, and it would get annoying to hold space for a product that isn't consistently available.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I guess that is what is confusing me. I see those year-round options consistently available on shelves in Houston.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
And maybe it's just me, but there are so many other beers that should be pulled before Jester King beers if you're talking solely about production, availability and distribution.
jh0400
AG
quote:
I guess that is what is confusing me. I see those year-round options consistently available on shelves in Houston.

From what I've seen, it looks like JK does three beers at a time for retail release. The last time I was in the midtown Spec's, they had one of the three. The spots for Petit Prince and Noble King were empty, and there were less than six bottles of Wytchmaker.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I've seen them readily available other places but I can't remember seeing them at Specs. I could be remembering wrong or have just missed them though.
La Fours
AG
Based on my observations, there isn't shelf space saved for a brewery when their beers are not in stock. Every store I see, once they are out of stock on a beer, they put something else in its place if the spot is needed.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Pumped for the Mizzou bottle share getting organized. 6:30 start is perfect.

From anyone who has tasted it, how is the JK Color Five?

Also, has anyone seen the Firestone Walker Velvet Mocha Merlin in Texas yet? I saw it was getting sold in a bundle pack with like 3 other FW beers. Trying to make sure I don't miss it?
army01
AG
quote:
Also, has anyone seen the Firestone Walker Velvet Mocha Merlin in Texas yet? I saw it was getting sold in a bundle pack with like 3 other FW beers. Trying to make sure I don't miss it?
no label approval...
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
no label approval...
Damn, that looks pretty good. And from searching google for it, I found on FSW's website Parabajava.

quote:
Our beautiful, full bodied imperial stout with massive chocolate, roast and fresh coffee aroma and flavor.
Cold extraction coffee is added to Parabola that has been aged for 1 year in bourbon casks and allowed to cold soak. The result is a sensory onslaught of rich espresso and bourbon flavors intertwined with vanilla and oak. Parabola's bold flavors of dark chocolate and rich roasted malt are complimented by the intense and opulent Intelligentsia brew. A one of a kind collaboration; you might be tempted to drink before noon.

Parabajava

Anyone seen this before? ISO!!!
62strat
AG
quote:
What are you lookin for strat? I have a few I might be able to spare
Nothing real particular.. just any of their sours. My buddy is buying a case of random bombers for me to ship, then I'm going to return the favor.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:
no label approval...
Damn, that looks pretty good. And from searching google for it, I found on FSW's website Parabajava.

quote:
Our beautiful, full bodied imperial stout with massive chocolate, roast and fresh coffee aroma and flavor.
Cold extraction coffee is added to Parabola that has been aged for 1 year in bourbon casks and allowed to cold soak. The result is a sensory onslaught of rich espresso and bourbon flavors intertwined with vanilla and oak. Parabola's bold flavors of dark chocolate and rich roasted malt are complimented by the intense and opulent Intelligentsia brew. A one of a kind collaboration; you might be tempted to drink before noon.

Parabajava

I don't think Parabajava has ever been bottled. Black Xantus is basically parabola with coffee, but it hasn't been made in years. I do know of one spot that has refrigerated bottles of the last batch of black xantus.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
They stopped making Black Xantus? Since when? I bought a bottle last summer.
maca1028
I haven't even had parabola before, that things sounds good
jah003
S
quote:

Wait... What!? This needs to change... You coming to the share?
maca1028
Not sure yet, depends on how soon my daughters soccer tourney last. Let go of my tickets but we will be coming up to take the kids to santas wonderland. Honestly won't know until we are leaving the soccer field
BSD
AG
quote:

Dafuq???
DallasAggie2012
AG
quote:

quote:
quote:
quote:
no label approval...

quote:

Parabajava

quote:

I don't think Parabajava has ever been bottled. Black Xantus is basically parabola with coffee, but it hasn't been made in years. I do know of one spot that has refrigerated bottles of the last batch of black xantus.

Holy cow Parabajava looks insane. Hopefully they get label approval for the Velvet Mocha Merlin because I seriously want some. Would love to find some of that Black Xantus too. I can only imagine what sweet sweet Parabola would taste like with a hint of coffee.
jah003
S
quote:
They stopped making Black Xantus? Since when? I bought a bottle last summer.
They still make Xantus... Hell, it's the only beer I know that Humboldt makes.

I can vouch that Xantus is great stuff, especially for the price.
TowerAg90
AG
In June I traveled to Anchorage, AK and visited Midnight Sun brewery. I tried a beer called Second Hand Smoke stout. It's an 8.5% made with smoked malt. Best beer I've ever had. haven't had any luck finding it in the Dallas area. anybody ever heard of it, or tried it?
Scriffer
AG
I'm still trying to track down Lil Sumpin Wild in Dallas. I'm afraid I missed it when I left town last weekend.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
No Label bottled Perpetual Peace. Almost more excited about that news than Yellow Rose getting bottled. Almost.
jah003
S
quote:
I'm still trying to track down Lil Sumpin Wild in Dallas. I'm afraid I missed it when I left town last weekend.

You coming to the share? I can bring you a 6 pack (or two)...
Scriffer
AG
In
La Fours
AG
quote:
In June I traveled to Anchorage, AK and visited Midnight Sun brewery. I tried a beer called Second Hand Smoke stout. It's an 8.5% made with smoked malt. Best beer I've ever had. haven't had any luck finding it in the Dallas area. anybody ever heard of it, or tried it?
I don't think Midnight Sun distributes to Texas.
army01
AG
DallasAggie2012 --

Looks like FW Velvet Mocha Merlin just got approval last Friday.
AggieOO
quote:
DallasAggie2012 --

Looks like FW Velvet Mocha Merlin just got approval last Friday.
came over to post this.
Wrec86 Ag
Shot in the dark here -

Anybody know where to get the Maui Brewing Co. beers in Houston?

No luck at the local Specs or HEBs
Wrec86 Ag
Shot in the dark here -

corndog04
AG
2 questions:

-Anybody been to a Fatheads brewery? If so, thoughts? One just opened in downtown Portland, wondering if it is worth my time. Apparently they have a couple of brewpubs out East.

-Heading to DFW for the weekend. Would be happy to bring a long a few PNW bottles if anyone is willing to trade for something good that I can't find up here (particularly interested in Yellow Rose or rarer JK stuff). I'd need to know any special requests in the next few hours as my plane leaves tomorrow morning. Frisco area would be most convenient place to exchange.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
Shot in the dark here -

I saw several cans at the Specs on Smith Street last Friday
Jock 07
AG
Supposedly FW 18 should be showing up here in 2 or 3 weeks.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
quote:

Dafuq???
I haven't had it either, Chow snatches them all up while the rest of us schmucks work
First Page Last Page
Page 548 of 1785

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.