Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,844 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Quincey P. Morris
Scriffer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Three Floyds Cimmerian Sabretooth Berzerker Pale Ale. My staff brought it back from a birthday trip to Chicago, which means he got two days' grace from me crabbing about him. Good stuff.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:

Nice little share with my tasting group tonight. VooDoo Caution contains real pumpkin stole the show. Great barrel aged pumpkin barleywine with vanilla.

Damn.
BSD
AG
finally...

Ags #1
AG
Pumpkyn at central mkt
army01
AG
which central market...and how did they manage that?
Mustang1
AG
Houston store on twitter
wessimo
AG
Want Pumpkyn. Will trade for Rumpkin.
NColoradoAG
quote:
which central market...and how did they manage that?
Avery made almost 2,000 cases of Pumpkyn
army01
AG
I was speaking more to alcohol content...over 17%. That typically puts it in liquor stores...
NColoradoAG
quote:
I was speaking more to alcohol content...over 17%. That typically puts it in liquor stores...
There are some labels out there that say 16.5. Maybe they snuck that one through.
wessimo
AG
At least one bottle of PumpKyn left at CM, stashed in the cabinet in the beer section. I felt a little silly paying $14 for 12oz, but im telling myself that I'm getting three beers worth of value abv wise.
Jock 07
AG
Well if it makes you feel better that's what I pay for all the Avery barrel stuff here in CO as well, sours are even more usually.
jah003
S
quote:

I was able to buy it at my HEB. I've seen Utopias there before too. Some HEB's have a separate license that allows them to sell Meads and Ports. So, I'm guessing beers fall under that umbrella as well.
Jock 07
AG
Meh

turfman80
AG
Picked up a 4 pack of Founders Harvest Ale at the CS Specs. Very nice!!!
AggieOO
There's a Robert earl keen beer? Lol.

Honey pilz from pedernales
maca1028
quote:
Meh

http://i.imgur.com/WPi82Rdl.jpg

I agree
wessimo
AG
Speaking of meh...

Missing the roastiness of a good porter and the smoke that is advertised.
Scriffer
AG
Has anyone ever really liked an offering from Epic? The one I've had was nearly undrinkable, and most people here call it average at best.
AggieOO
I have the pumpkin in the fridge, will try it tmr. Heard good things on epic, but their stuff hasn't been very good.
jah003
S
Brainless on Peaches was a disaster, I've heard horrible things about Fermintation (which is in the fridge), and I bought a BBB yesterday. If BBB let's me down I'm done with Epic...
bevokilla
AG
Drinking a 010 Bodacious and it is smoother than it was set release but not as good
AgEng06
AG
I wasn't a big fan of Brainless on Peaches either. I have a Brainless on Cherries, Sour Apple Saison, and Representation by Fermentation in the fridge that I haven't tried yet.
oneoutofmany
AG
Regarding Epic, one of the beer guys I talk with on occasion at a local place told me some of the issues have to do with where it's bottled. He told me that the bottles from Denver have been fairly bad but anything bottled in Salt Lake City were good. Not sure I buy that argument. Just throwing it out there.
62strat
AG
quote:

Maybe a fermentation vs. distillation definition?

Jason_Ag98
AG
I picked up one bottle each of Rumpkin and Pumkyn. Given the alcohol content of each I'm planning to let each sit until next year (at least) - right call?
army01
AG
quote:
quote:

Maybe a fermentation vs. distillation definition?
not sure....I do know that over 17% means the CM in Fort Worth doesn't get it. Other must have a different type of license.
army01
AG
quote:
I picked up one bottle each of Rumpkin and Pumkyn. Given the alcohol content of each I'm planning to let each sit until next year (at least) - right call?
I thought Rumpkin was pretty good fresh. But I also have another aging
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Has anyone ever really liked an offering from Epic? The one I've had was nearly undrinkable, and most people here call it average at best.
The only one I've had that I would consider buying again is the Elder Brett. It was actually pretty decent for the price from what I can remember, it's been a while.
Jock 07
AG
Anyone know anything bout Rabbit Hole Brewing? Seems to be realitively close to my inlaws and might hit it up when I'm down that way during Christmas time.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Brainless on Peaches was a disaster, I've heard horrible things about Fermintation (which is in the fridge), and I bought a BBB yesterday. If BBB let's me down I'm done with Epic...

I liked brainless on peaches better than BBB. But neither were very good. There was an ash tray taste and no bourbon in the bottle I had. Both bottles were brought from SLC.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
I have the pumpkin in the fridge, will try it tmr. Heard good things on epic, but their stuff hasn't been very good.

Drank that Epic Fermentation Without Representation Imperial Pumpkin a few days ago. We literally took two sips and poured the rest down the drain. Tasted like rancid sweet potatoes.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
Anyone know anything bout Rabbit Hole Brewing? Seems to be realitively close to my inlaws and might hit it up when I'm down that way during Christmas time.
I randomly had their Off With Your Red last night. It is a red IPA. Pretty good; nothing life changing but a solid beer.
Ranger222
AG
Had a glass of Good Gourd last night. Will never be able to drink another pumpkin beer now.
aggiejz
AG
Hi friends! Grad school has consumed my life and I have just totally lost track of this board lately.. I'm gonna try and be on here more often again.

Can anyone save me some scrolling effort and tell me whether y'all have any bottle shares planned for any of the home games left? I've got some bottles from various travels I'd be happy to share..
First Page Last Page
Page 545 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.