Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,653,329 Views | 62634 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Objective Aggie
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice score jah003!!

Jetch brought me some goodies that I bought from BSD. And after my afternoon today, I decided to pop the top on this. I've been wanting to try this for a while now. And damn it is good.

La Fours
AG
And now this to end the night.

Thanks BSD. An amazing beer.
maca1028
I need to make my next trade for some crooked stave and RRBC sours. I had a St. Brett that my friend gave me and a Pliny that showed up by surprise, other than that it's been a while since I've had either of both
La Fours
AG
JK is releasing a new beer on Friday. Colour Five. A blueberry sour. $16 per 500ml, 1 bottle per person, per day.

This is one I would like to get my hands on.

DaveHimself
AG
Anybody in Fort Worth/Arlington area seen Yellow Rose?

Had a Dark Penance last night...another really good beer from Founders

army01
AG
Yellow Rose came and went quickly at most places that got it -- think it hit on Oct 16-17 time frame....
Mustang1
AG
quote:
Anybody in Fort Worth/Arlington area seen Yellow Rose?

Had a Dark Penance last night...another really good beer from Founders

Black IPA?
DaveHimself
AG
quote:
Yellow Rose came and went quickly at most places that got it -- think it hit on Oct 16-17 time frame....
Yeah I saw Hall's got it around that time, but then posted a few hours later it was gone...couldn't get there fast enough.
DaveHimself
AG
quote:
quote:
Black IPA?

Yep, an imperial black ipa
La Fours
AG
Holy ****, this is amazing. Thank you Jetch.

Wow.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
Holy ****, this is amazing. Thank you Jetch.

Wow.

Agreed. That beer is one of the 10 best I have ever had easy...and I'm closing in on 500 on Untappd.
TxKng82
AG
^^^
Guess I need to pop mine open soon
62strat
AG
An CO folks see Goose island BC barley wine?

I see BC stout and all sorts of other goose island stuff, don't recall ever seeing barley wine.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Extremely pleased with this Smuttynose Finestkind IPA I picked up at HEB. Have never hear of it, or seen it on the shelves before. Very solid straightforward IPA. New fan of this New Hampshire brewery.
Jock 07
AG
quote:

I see BC stout and all sorts of other goose island stuff, don't recall ever seeing barley wine.
stopped by my spot today to reserve a FW 18 and the owner was saying that we should see BCBS BCBCS & BCBBW on Black Friday. He wasn't very optimistic on all the bomber variants like backyard rye, rare, etc.
La Fours
AG
quote:
^^^
Guess I need to pop mine open soon

No rush on drinking it. It will only get better with age. But it is damn good. So either way, you win!!

Also saw on the shelf at HEB today quart cans of Mission Shipwreck DIPA. Looking forward trying it out.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

stopped by my spot today to reserve a FW 18 and the owner was saying that we should see BCBS BCBCS & BCBBW on Black Friday. He wasn't very optimistic on all the bomber variants like backyard rye, rare, etc.

Rare is rumored to be made again, but not this year. This year's national distro bomber is Vanilla Rye. It'll be in Colorado at the usual spots. The Chicago only Proprietors bomber is made with a coconut water syrup and aged with casia (cinammmon) and cocoa nibs.

Banking on my wife to run around on Black Friday picking up BCBS and variants since I'll be down for thr LSU game.

Any of you guys know whether or not they drop down there on 11/28, or will it be later like last year?
La Fours
AG
Rumors are Black Friday here as well.
NColoradoAG
quote:
College Station shipments?
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
College Station shipments?
Yes. Specs for sure, and I'm confident that the two CS HEB's will get some as well.
Ranger222
AG
I'm coming back to CS for the LSU game. I guess I know what I will be hunting Friday morning while in town.
Jock 07
AG
For some reason I seem to remember reading that goose island expanded their barrel warehouse so hopefully there's more availability this year.
La Fours
AG
quote:
For some reason I seem to remember reading that goose island expanded their barrel warehouse so hopefully there's more availability this year.
That was the rumor of what was going to happen because of the InBev buyout. InBev would brew the main run of beers at their facilities, leaving the Chicago brewery open for just the BCB beers.
NColoradoAG
quote:
IIRC, the bulk of the expansion happened before last year's run, which is why Colorado and many other locations received distribution. I imagine capacity will increase incrementally each year as well, especially the barleywine due to how it is aged.

It wasn't too hard to get in Northern CO. Picked up a case each of BCBS and BCBCS at the spots in Greeley, along with a half case of BCBBW. Competition is low in this cow town. There were bottles turding up the shelves in Fort Collins for a couple weeks (at one bottle per variant limits)

I'll be up and at 'em early then on 11/28 to buy all your TX bottles to bring back to CO.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
IIRC, the bulk of the expansion happened before last year's run, which is why Colorado and many other locations received distribution. I imagine capacity will increase incrementally each year as well, especially the barleywine due to how it is aged.

It wasn't too hard to get in Northern CO. Picked up a case each of BCBS and BCBCS at the spots in Greeley, along with a half case of BCBBW. Competition is low in this cow town. There were bottles turding up the shelves in Fort Collins for a couple weeks (at one bottle per variant limits)

I'll be up and at 'em early then on 11/28 to buy all your TX bottles to bring back to CO.

You keep your damn dirty hippy pot smoking Colorado hands off our bcb beers.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I will gladly trade them right back to you for JK.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I will gladly trade them right back to you for JK.
maca1028
Wish I could make it up to austin this weekend
maca1028
La Fours
AG
Dat glass!! Want!!
La Fours
AG
Just me and my horsey and a quart of beer!!

Head Ninja In Charge
AG

Moving day. From left to right: 9, 10, 8, 9, 7, hot trash, 8.

Shoutout to Two Down for the Atrial.
La Fours
AG
Nice HNIC!!
maca1028
Come on Royals
Bmac04
AG

Nice little share with my tasting group tonight. VooDoo Caution contains real pumpkin stole the show. Great barrel aged pumpkin barleywine with vanilla.
First Page Last Page
Page 544 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.