Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,644,692 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Chipotlemonger
streetfighter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Work this week was awful, starting the weekend off with Founders Backwooods and KBS.
oneoutofmany
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Any sightings of Pumpkinator in CS yet?

If the Specs in CS is like the ones up here they have received it but aren't releasing it until Friday. Limit 2 bottles per customer.
Is the Bryant Irvin Specs doing this too? I know Hulen is...any idea how many cases they got?

Bryant Irvin told me they were "getting" theirs on Friday. I assume they actually got it on the same truck as the Hulen one but didn't feel like explaining they were holding it until Friday. My plan is to go to the Hulen one first and then Bryant Irvin.
I'm not a huge fan of the big guy at the Bryant Irvin store. Zack and Justin at Hulen are good guys though.
Doug's not a bad guy but I much prefer dealing with Zack and Justin. Caught up with them this afternoon.
oneoutofmany
AG
quote:
Did the Specs in Fort Worth sell out of Pumpkinator? I wasn't able to go today.
You could try the Hulen store but they were moving through it fairly quickly when I was there this afternoon, even with a 1 bottle limit. My guess is it's gone. Bryant Irvin might still have some. Doug doesn't seem as organized as the guys at the Hulen store. I think you have to know the harder to find stuff is coming and ask him about it.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Where were you ole piss weekend la4s? I walked through hoops tailgate around 3 and neither you or the coonass where anywhere to be found

Sorry about that EFE. I was still at the bottle share that NoCol hosted at his tailgate until about 4. I didn't make to hoop's until probably 6pm. Had some friends at the last minute decide to make the trip in from out of town so I was hanging out with them.
Stoli7
Just opened a Brainless on cherries. Pretty good. Ready to get trashed for the game!
army01
AG
quote:
Did the Specs in Fort Worth sell out of Pumpkinator? I wasn't able to go today.

They did indeed go through it. Soccer moms be Pumpkinatoring.
army01
AG
Oneoutofmany- did you get anything from the "box" at Hulen? And I'm assuming you were the one that said something about an Aggie message board to Zack and Justin?
Ags #1
AG
Anyone know when bba temptress will hit the market again? I loved it last year
oneoutofmany
AG
quote:
Oneoutofmany- did you get anything from the "box" at Hulen? And I'm assuming you were the one that said something about an Aggie message board to Zack and Justin?
army01, I just ended up with a bottle of the Yellow Rose. I have some Pumpkinator coming to me from a relative and didn't want to take away the chance of someone else getting some. That and I don't have the space to store up too much these days. Wasn't interested in the other two they were offering yesterday.

Yes, it was me. Just let 'em know they had some positive press on this thread. I've found them to be about the best location to get beer on our side of town, in my opinion anyway.
CollinAB
AG
Welp. This one's over. May have to switch to whiskey.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Found a bottle of Yellow Rose this morning. So I got that going for me.
oneoutofmany
AG
quote:
Welp. This one's over. May have to switch to whiskey.
Indeed.
BSD
AG
I wish I could still drink...
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Switching to the bourbon thread.
maca1028
I think I'm just gonna stay on this thread for a while, everything else on this site is pretty unbearable right now.
jah003
S
Took down a HF Dorothy, a Bell's MARS (way past it's prime), a Pumpkinator, and an Evil Twin I Heart You during the game today...

First date night with the wife since the baby was born is happening tonight... Gonna drink some more and open something special tonight. Gotta make this day better somehow.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Trying to drown my sorrows with a Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad.
La Fours
AG
The sixer of firemans four during the game did nothing but make me more angry andore thirsty. Took down my pirate bomb a little while ago and now drinking a KBS. I feel like a mix of the songs Empty Glass as done by Randy Rogers and Hurt by Johnny Cash.
Jegan14
AG
I had the Raspberry Origins that NCol traded me and it was fantastic! My girlfriend loved it. Now I'm drinking a 2011 Independence Jasperilla that is really interesting.
cc10106
Had a bottle of Pumpkinator tonight. Meh. I'll drink my extra in another year or two.

Does anyone have an extra Detritivore for trade? JK didn't make enough.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Drinking a Heavy Machinery from Austin Beerworks. Belgian IPA. Not as good as past iterations.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I've got two bottles of Detritivore, but my wife loves it so it'd have to be pretty enticing.
Jock 07
AG
Sunday fun day
maca1028
Does anyone on here use this place?
http://www.craftbeerkings.com
I know online ordering can get pricey very quick but I've been lurking around their site for a few weeks now, they've had some good stuff come through there.
Jock 07
AG
Anybody tried anything from the fifty fifty line? They sound pretty good but don't really want to drop 20 bucks on a bottle without knowing anything about them.
Ranger222
AG
Well, got to go to Avondale Brewing while in Birmingham. Did a flight of their regulars. The porter they have is the best thing they make. Also got to try their DIPA seasonal and Oktoberfest. Also tried Trim Tab Brewing, and they are excellent.

I won't discuss the rest of the trip
NColoradoAG
quote:
Anybody tried anything from the fifty fifty line? They sound pretty good but don't really want to drop 20 bucks on a bottle without knowing anything about them.
They're worth $20 if that's the price you're seeing. They're all $35 up here. The Evan Williams, 4 Roses, and Rittenhouse treatments are all pretty good.
La Fours
AG
What NoCol said. I had a bottle of the Evan Williams version and it was awesome.
DallasAggie2012
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I'm going to work around okc this week? Any good breweries I could visit or pick up a few brews that are hard to get in Texas?
MW13
AG
Think that is my first ever double post too!
MW13
AG
Had my first Pumpkinator last night. I know there is a lot hype around this one and was worried it wouldn't live up to my expectations but man I was wrong, I loved it! That is a great beer!

I'm going to put my other away for awhile what is the best way of going about that? Put in the fridge or just put away in a cabinet or something?
La Fours
AG
MW13 - you can do either.
MW13
AG
Cool, thanks. Didn't know if one way is better than the other.
bmc13
AG
quote:
I'm going to work around okc this week? Any good breweries I could visit or pick up a few brews that are hard to get in Texas?

coop makes some decent stuff.
First Page Last Page
Page 540 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.