Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,613 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by SoTxAg
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Bourbon County Bareleywine for me tonight. Been a long week so started the weekend early
jah003
S
quote:

Bourbon County Bareleywine for me tonight. Been a long week so started the weekend early

Good lord I love that beer... I've got two in the cellar that tempt me every time I open it. Gotta make 'em last until we get more in, err... June. Stupid Texas.
army01
AG
I'm not feeling too hot after a late night round of Goliat and Upslope Pumpkin....
La Fours
AG
I hope CS gets some bottles of BCBW next year. I've never had it before.
BSD
AG
quote:

I may have an extra at home for you. I'll look. Ees preety good.
army01
AG
quote:
Damnit. I could have brought you some in August. I might be down there for Mizzou. If so, I'll throw it in.
La Fours
AG
Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.
maca1028

These showed up yesterday.

LaFours I have a few bcbs barleywines
NColoradoAG
CW16
NColoradoAG
Dark Lord
txag2008
AG
Kickstarter growler
danieljustin06
AG
^ that is too tempting. I might be $100 less rich....
wessimo
AG
That growler looks sweet.
army01
AG
quote:
Kickstarter growler
jah003
S
quote:
Kickstarter growler

NColoradoAG
quote:
Kickstarter growler
This is the best self pressurizing concept I've seen.
La Fours
AG
Nice box Maca!! That Bells bba cherry stout looks awesome!!

La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
Kickstarter growler

Folks on TalkBeer were crapping all over it the other day.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
Kickstarter growler

I'm hard.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Kickstarter growler

That's what talkbeer does. Nothing gets some of those guys going like ****ting all over a kickstarter. I still think it is a good idea. There's some areas of concern like cleaning and how to get the pressure correct. I don't see it being a portable, take-it-anywhere, vessel, but I wouldn't mind having something like that to fill from time to time and keep it in the fridge. It's standard size so anywhere in CO would fill it. I'd be going to get Barrel Aged Ten Fidy every time it was on so I could have it on tap in my fridge for a couple weekends.
maca1028
quote:
Kickstarter growler

I like it
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Kickstarter growler

That's what talkbeer does. I still think it is a good idea. There's some areas of concern like cleaning and how to get the pressure correct. I don't see it being a portable, take-it-anywhere, vessel, but I wouldn't mind having something like that to fill from time to time and keep it in the fridge. It's standard size so anywhere in CO would fill it. I'd be going to get Barrel Aged Ten Fidy every time it was on so I could have it on tap in my fridge for a couple weekends.

Yeah, I've come to notice that. I would like to have one as well. But until there are more options for growler fills in town, it's not practical for me. And cleaning it would be a pain, but it isn't that big of an issue to me.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Kickstarter growler

That's what talkbeer does. I still think it is a good idea. There's some areas of concern like cleaning and how to get the pressure correct. I don't see it being a portable, take-it-anywhere, vessel, but I wouldn't mind having something like that to fill from time to time and keep it in the fridge. It's standard size so anywhere in CO would fill it. I'd be going to get Barrel Aged Ten Fidy every time it was on so I could have it on tap in my fridge for a couple weekends.

Yeah, I've come to notice that. I would like to have one as well. But until there are more options for growler fills in town, it's not practical for me. And cleaning it would be a pain, but it isn't that big of an issue to me.
I wonder the best way to clean it. I guess just clean the main vessel and then fill it with warm water, pressurize, and run it through? The you're wasting a bunch of CO2 to clean it. Looks like you can get the canisters for about $0.40 each online.
La Fours
AG
That was my thinking. It would depend on what all is removable from the exterior. I know the tap appears to be removable. Maybe it's just the tap handle. If that's the case, then yeah, you'll be using co2 to clean it, or holding it on its side and letting gravity do the work.
army01
AG
quote:
I wonder the best way to clean it. I guess just clean the main vessel and then fill it with warm water, pressurize, and run it through? The you're wasting a bunch of CO2 to clean it. Looks like you can get the canisters for about $0.40 each online.
That was my guess. Maybe throw some home brew sanitizer in there every once in a while.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
quote:
That was my guess. Maybe throw some home brew sanitizer in there every once in a while.

That's what I would do. PBW then star san.
bmc13
AG
I wonder what the cap size is? get a blank one and put a keg post through it and you could just run gas from your corny set up through it to purge cleaning fluid. or serve with it but that would defeat the portability of it.
docaggie
AG
Drinktanks.com

I have one of these with the keg cap. The other cap is a secure one for transport. I clean the cap by turning it upside down and letting soapy water run through it.
I also love the silicone cups that came with it. Just something about them.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
turfman80
AG
Bottled 10/1!

jetch17
AG
quote:

I'll be up in CS Monday the 27th, I've got some for you
jh0400
AG
D&Q still has some Yellow Rose if anyone is looking.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Did the Specs in Fort Worth sell out of Pumpkinator? I wasn't able to go today.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

I'll be up in CS Monday the 27th, I've got some for you

Well hot damn. Thanks Jetch, I appreciate it. Thanks for the offers BSD and Maca.
EFE
AG
Where were you ole piss weekend la4s? I walked through hoops tailgate around 3 and neither you or the coonass where anywhere to be found
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Having a jester king wytchmaker for the first time tonight.
First Page Last Page
Page 539 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.