Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,993 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by La Fours
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pumpkinator and Rumpkin for me tonight.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Is this an aged Pumpkinator or did it already release?
army01
AG
2013. 2014 releases Monday.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Good to know. I wasn't going to be on the hunt for it until Wednesday. I'm sitting on two 2013s. Going to have one this year and one next. I decided to start verticals on it and see how it held up.
NColoradoAG
Good god I'm fat. I went from sober to drunk like never before today. Way too much whiskey before the bottleshare. Thanks everyone for coming out.
army01
AG
quote:
Good to know. I wasn't going to be on the hunt for it until Wednesday. I'm sitting on two 2013s. Going to have one this year and one next. I decided to start verticals on it and see how it held up.
I like it better with a year on it.
BSD
AG
Yesterday was a cool beer day for me, even if I didn't get to drink much. My buddy is starting up a new brewery in Chicago called Empirical. We didn't think we'd have time to go up there since they were pouring at Hoptacular but they had some mornings they needed to attend at the brewery so we ventured up there to check it out. They are a small operation right now but have tons of room to expand. They plan on opening a taproom once it gets moving along. We tasted they four beers and three were good: wavelength wit, atomic amber ) honey hypothesis), and infinity IPA (IBU overload). After the tour and the tastes, we were scheduled to head out to a really nice lunch downtown but my buddy asked if we wanted to sit in on a management meeting and then grab lunch at a bar nearby. How often does that happen so I said sure. The meeting was basically an interview for a brewer (they plan on having more than one). He brought it 4 different beers, one IPA that was phenomenal and 3 offshoots of that. We then spent an hour throwing out ideas for new beers, some marketing ideas, and they took a lot of feedback from my wife and I as we are more on the consumer side of it all. We followed all that up with a New Glarus Serendipity Happy Accident Ale (cherry, Apple, cranberry) and a Revolution Very Mad Cow milk stout. I found out that Half Acre is expanding and moving in close to them (along with a few other new breweries) so tht area should be a cool destination for beer lovers. It was a very cool morning.

At that point I was pretty hungry so they took us just down the street to Hopleaf, a bar I've always wanted to visit but always missed because I would run out of time or would get just too drunk to make it up there. The food was great and I had a tast of the following beers:

Pipeworks Ninja vs Unicorn (f yeah...actually orders a 4oz pour of this one)
Goose Island the Muddy-awesome
Ten Ninety the Ogen - farmhouse ale with pumpkin and spices. Pretty good but not blow me away good. Better than they're cayenne stout though.

At that point, it was time for my actual monthly full glass of beer. I didn't want to **** around and this 2011 vintage looked good to me...

We also saw some Pipeworks that my buddy thought I might want to try so he bought this for the table:

It was a cool morning. It was nice to have a typical "BSD" Chicago trip even if I did remain sober and spit out a lot. I laughed because we bought some Cherry Truffle Abduction from a liquor store next to Hopleaf and we are walking around with beer glasses (gifts from Empirical) and several bottles of beers looking for a cab. All this before 2:00pm. I guess some things never change.

Oh, and late night post dinner drink was a Three Floyds Dreadnaught sample once I saw the Aggie score.
jah003
S
Excellent Bottleshare as always fellas... Our Bottleshare record is starting to get abysmal, though. Really enjoyed the Sump, Batch 1 Atrial, Detritivore, and Sucaba. Sad I had to leave before the rest of the beer got popped.

Can't wait to do again at the next Aggie game... Err... Loss.

Oh and... I need a graveyard pic!
La Fours
AG
Another awesome share. Thanks NoCol for hosting us all again.

Man. I think we need to cancel game day bottle shares for the sake of Aggie football. Maybe we can do it the night before.

I stopped drinking around 7pm. Went to the game and my stomach wasn't right. Probably because I forgot to eat after lunch at 12:30. And once we were down 21-0 I left the game. Went home and had a grilled cheese and watched the rest of that ****ty football game.

It wasn't all a bad day. Besides the awesome beers at the share, I took home a few beers as well. Picked up a bottle of 512 peach sour that jah003 had for me, and a buddy brought me a bottle of Epic Big Bad Baptist and Brainless on Peaches. Also Colin gave me a can of Greenhouse!!

It was great to hang out with everyone.
Jegan14
AG
The bottleshare was awesome! Thank you to everyone who brought beers. And extra thanks to Ncol for hosting and the Crooked Stave beers!
wessimo
AG
Stouts are here! Picked up FBS, Narwahl and Brroklyn BCS this afternoon. Bring on the cool weather!
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
Stouts are here! Picked up FBS, Narwahl and Brroklyn BCS this afternoon. Bring on the cool weather!

Where are you??

BCS was plum out of FBS this weekend. I ran around like a madman this weekend and came up empty
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Cracked open my El Cedro tonight.
La Fours
AG
Drinking this Brainless on Peaches. It's good. Not great. Not terrible either.

La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

Where are you??

BCS was plum out of FBS this weekend. I ran around like a madman this weekend and came up empty

There should be more FBS I the next few weeks. Don't worry.
maca1028
Lone Pint Yellow Rose in bottles hits stores tomorrow
jah003
S
quote:
Lone Pint Yellow Rose in bottles hits stores tomorrow

As does Pumpkinator at the downtown Spec's... Neck beards... Start your engines!
maca1028
There will be an initial rush but should be fairly easy to get after that, sorry for the wrong emoticon up there, guess I'm still a little on edge from last nights game
Jock 07
AG
Anyword on what time and where the yellow rose might drop? Would love to grab one or 3 to take back to Texas with me.
maca1028
10am at downtown specs is the only place I know so far
maca1028
Bill Hader approves
wessimo
AG
My stout haul was from 11th st Kroger in hou
wessimo
AG
Yellow rose needs to be in 6pk cans. Until then I don't see myself buying it except on draft at restaurants.
maca1028
I'll give it a shot, agreed though, hopefully they can it eventually though
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Saw tweet from downtown specs saying Pumpkinator is a smaller batch this year than last year.
WorkBoots09
AG
I was able to snag the last Black Butte XXVI, but just the one. Should I drink it or age it?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
It has a best after date of next June so is assume you'd want to age it.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
I was able to snag the last Black Butte XXVI, but just the one. Should I drink it or age it?

I'd age it. Drank one a couple of days ago and it was kind of tart (weird for BA porter). Needs to mellow.
Echoes97
AG
Awesome bottle share everybody, here's the only graveyard pic I got, some greatness in there. There's also a few growlers not pictured, Lone Pint Yellow Rose and Zythophile Summit and Community Coffee Porter. Jason was kind enough to contribute a batch #1 of Atrial, and we also had an Omniscience & Proselytism which was awesome also.

That rather innocent looking bottle of '11 Portsmouth Stout was in freaking credible, thanks Dave!

Had a great time, thanks everyone for the great brews and especially Adam for hosting again, great food and hospitality also.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Blackhawk Shell tweeted they have pumpkinator.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Thanks again for hosting the bottle share Adam! Thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone at the bottle share! It was a blast, and I can't believe I've been missing out on these up until now. The bottle share at least helped a little to make up for that abysmal showing by the Ags too.

I have to agree with Echoes on this one; the 2011 Portsmouth Imperial Stout was phenomenal. New Glarus Raspberry Tart, 2014 FW Stickee Monkee, and the Yellow Rose (first time to try it) were all outstanding beers. Also made a trade with Adam to net a few Crooked Stave beers and send him home with a couple JK bottles.
MW13
AG
Will regular stores like Kroger get Pumpkinator? The one by my house had quite a bit of Devine Reserve but I didn't know how Pumpkinator works. I'm in North Fort Worth if that helps. I'd like to be able to just go righ the house but will drive if need be.
La Fours
AG
I would assume if they got DR, then they should get Pumkinator.
gordo97
AG
Growler spot just posted that they have Pumpkinator and a case of Pirate Bomb
maca1028
I'm out for the Missouri game just got my kids closing day tournament schedule and it's going to take up the whole day. I know this belongs in the ticket exchange but if anyone on here wants to buy my tickets PM me, I'm selling 4 at face value
First Page Last Page
Page 535 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.