Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,944 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was at HEB Bunker Hill grabbing lunch at they got 2 cases of Pirate Bomb. Going quickly!!!!
BSD
AG
Oh, and they have Black Butte 26.
Ags #1
AG
Heb bunker already out of pirate bomb. Looks like it lasted about 40 minutes.
Ags #1
AG
Looks like central market just got some pirate bomb as well.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Sigh. Stuck in the office all day today.
maca1028
quote:
Was at HEB Bunker Hill grabbing lunch at they got 2 cases of Pirate Bomb. Going quickly!!!!

Too bad that didn't happen yesterday
maca1028
Central Market has it too, or had it
cc10106
D&Q also got some Pirate. Buddy got one for me. Excite!
Jock 07
AG
Beers being poured at GABF just dropped on the app
turfman80
AG
Picked up the first FBS of the fall at the Bryan HEB
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Breakfast Stout at Growlers Montrose.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Beers being poured at GABF just dropped on the app

I suggest just camping out for a bit at Port/Lost Abbey and drinking your fill of Churchills Finest Hour and Cable Car
62strat
AG
Yeh the list has been on the gabf website all of today. Was hoping to see Cascade brewery there.. wanted to try some of their sours.

I scored on some Odell woodcuts today. Picked up a 6, 7, and the 8, just released today it looks like. I already had a 5 at home..

Also picked up an Odell 180 Schilling. a 90 Schilling X 2!
NColoradoAG
quote:
Yeh the list has been on the gabf website all of today. Was hoping to see Cascade brewery there.. wanted to try some of their sours.

I scored on some Odell woodcuts today. Picked up a 6, 7, and the 8, just released today it looks like. I already had a 5 at home..

Also picked up an Odell 180 Schilling. a 90 Schilling X 2!

Crooked Stave Artisans (the distribution arm of Crooked Stave) posted today that they will be bringing regular shipments of Cascade to Colorado now.
62strat
AG
Awesome.
62strat
AG
Woah when did Crooked stave move to brighton blvd? My office is on Brighton.. looks like about 6 miles.
La Fours
AG
Got this sweet box today!!

4x Daisy Cutter Pale - Half Acre
4x Zombie Dust
3 Floyds Man-O-Awe
Anicca - 3F/Half Acre Collab
Pipe Works Closer Encounter
KBS

And now I am enjoying a Daisy Cutter.

And awesome news about Cascade coming to Colorado!!

NColoradoAG
quote:
Woah when did Crooked stave move to brighton blvd? My office is on Brighton.. looks like about 6 miles.
Only about 14 months ago
Jock 07
AG
Yeah, wanted to go up there today for the nightmare on port barrels and their firestone take over but wife wouldn't let me have one extra day up there.
Here's my list of what I'm planing on hitting up.
For Sure

Almanac
Pizza Port
Lost Abbey
Deschutes
Firestone
New Glarus
Jolly Pumpkin
Great Lakes
Three Floyds
The Bruery
Goose Island
Cigar City
Prairie

If I have Time

RRBC
Hops & Grain
Bell's
Ballast Point
Austin Beerworks
Dogfish

Any other suggestions?
I plan on making multiple rounds through many of the lines, I figured I'd try and get more quality than quantity, just hoping the rest of my group is on board with that.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Yeah, wanted to go up there today for the nightmare on port barrels and their firestone take over but wife wouldn't let me have one extra day up there.
Here's my list of what I'm planing on hitting up.
For Sure

Almanac
Pizza Port
Lost Abbey
Deschutes
Firestone
New Glarus
Jolly Pumpkin
Great Lakes
Three Floyds
The Bruery
Goose Island
Cigar City
Prairie

If I have Time

RRBC
Hops & Grain
Bell's
Ballast Point
Austin Beerworks
Dogfish

Any other suggestions?
I plan on making multiple rounds through many of the lines, I figured I'd try and get more quality than quantity, just hoping the rest of my group is on board with that.

Toppling Goliath (that would be the first place id go) Perennial, Societe, Kern River, La Cumbre, Funky Buddha, Green Flash, Fat Heads, Dark Horse, Allagash, Boneyard, Logsdon, Captain Lawrence, Cellar maker, Kane, Rare Barrel, FiftyFifty, Wicked Weed.

I tend to focus on style over brewery or region. I tend to go for sours and barrel aged beers and focus on the ones I really want to try. I tend to steer clear of hoppy stuff since it really fatigues the palate. I do like to try the fresh hopped beers. Fatheads had some amazing fresh hop stuff last year. I hardly ever stand in the lines you find and Goose Island, The Bruery, Russian River, New Glarus, and Three Floyds. There are just so many other great beers that people don't know or care about that have no line. I literally stood at the Lost Abbey booth last year on Thursday night for 15 minutes alternating between Older Viscosity and Duck Duck Gooze. There was no line. I did the same at many other booths like Kern, La Cumbre and Captain Lawrence.

PLAN on going to the bathroom. Use the one at the complete opposite of where you enter and plan your trip there by hitting booths you want to try. DRINK water anytime you are near one of the coolers. I also tend to just drink my rinse water instead of dumping it in the bucket.

I also always go as just a pair with someone. We always enter with a dozen friends but inevitably I ditch everyone and go with just one friend. I can't stand waiting around for people to decide where to go. It's the girlfriends and wives that drive me crazy. I want to get pours, enjoy the pours, discuss them briefly and move on. You always tail off towards the end of the night so go balls to the wall early and worry about talking about which places are the best until about 8pm.

And if you want three Floyds you need to go there first because they are ALWAYS the first place to run out of beer. Their booth was closed by 615 last year in Thursday night.

Hope you enjoy. I'm really disappointed I can't make it this year.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Anything seasonal available in Austin I should seek out this weekend?

Also, there is a good chance I will be heading out to JK for the first time after the Ags BTHO MSU on Saturday.
maca1028
The latest greenhouse just hit shelves in austin
jah003
S
quote:

Also, there is a good chance I will be heading out to JK for the first time after the Ags BTHO MSU on Saturday.

Yes, track down Greenhouse at all costs. Seems pretty plentiful this month, but it does dry up fast. Not seasonal, but you can't go wrong with a 6 pack of Zoe either.

If you do make it out to JK, there should be plenty of Aurelian left. Bottle count is 1500 to start the weekend.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
quote:

Yes, track down Greenhouse at all costs. Seems pretty plentiful this month, but it does dry up fast. Not seasonal, but you can't go wrong with a 6 pack of Zoe either.

If you do make it out to JK, there should be plenty of Aurelian left. Bottle count is 1500 to start the weekend.

Sexy. Thanks guys. I have been wanting to try one of the Greenhouse versions and always seem to mistime it.

Is it available most places (HEB, Whole Foods, etc)? Or should I check out a couple specific places?

I will primarily be in the South Lamar area.
jah003
S
quote:

Sexy. Thanks guys. I have been wanting to try one of the Greenhouse versions and always seem to mistime it.

Is it available most places (HEB, Whole Foods, etc)? Or should I check out a couple specific places?

I will primarily be in the South Lamar area.

You'll have better luck at the HEB's... The speciality stores usually run out the day of. If you strike out down south... Go to the twin liquors in beer caves (near JK). Stuff doesn't move at all from there...
AggieOO
headed to arkansas tomorrow. Anything I should look for that I can't get in Texas?
jh0400
AG
quote:
headed to arkansas tomorrow. Anything I should look for that I can't get in Texas?

The only brewery I know of is Diamond Bear, and nothing they make is that special AFAIK.
AggieOO
Kinda figured the answer would be no, but had to ask.
La Fours
AG
Good luck AggieOO.
dave99ag
AG
I'm sure there's a good bar where we're staying.
maca1028
Tried tracking down some pirate bomb, after spending an hour stopping at 2 bottle shops and an HEB narrowly missing out on the last one they had I quickly realized that I need a bottle shop closer than 35 miles from my house...time for a business loan?
NColoradoAG
Been waiting two years for this stuff to arrive in CO

gordo97
AG
I picked up a Pirate Bomb this afternoon at Specs on Westheimer/Kirkwood. They only had 4 bottles left after I got mine. Beer guy told me downtown Specs is releasing their stuff tomorrow morning with a 2 bottle limit per person.
Professor Frick
AG
quote:

Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:

Finally your suffering can end after all that time in the beer wasteland that is Colorado.
First Page Last Page
Page 528 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.