Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,192 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm giving it all I've got...

IT WORKED AGAIN!!!!! What point of the game did you pop it? Jock, BSD, and I need to work on getting you a stash for the rest of the conference slate

Just saw this, I suppose I have one to offer up. You gonna be in CS for the ole miss game? It's only crazy if it doesn't work.
Jock 07
AG
Sippin on an invasion pale ale. Seems kind of similar to what I remember Jai Alai tasting like
jah003
S
Yea, I should be at the Ole Miss bottle share... Let's see how the Miss St. game goes first. I'll be Temptation-less.

I'm still trying to figure out what I do at home games... camelback of Temptation?
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:
Jock, BSD, and I need to work on getting you a stash for the rest of the conference slate

I better head out to rrbc tomorrow!!!!

I'll take some Supp if you're looking to offset some of the shipping costs. Just saying...
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Got a bottle of BJs bourbon barrel agreed pumpkin ale as a wedding present from my uncle. He got it at their gm conference. One of 275 bottles.
MW13
AG
Had some SanTan Brewery Oktoberfest yesterday before the game and was very impressed. Didn't know much about them but I'll keep an eye out for their stuff.
NColoradoAG
Yesterday's haul. Almost makes up for missing most of the events for the rest of the week.

NColoradoAG
Wessimo, I'll reply to your PM when I have a bit of time at a PC
wessimo
AG
Cool, thanks!
maca1028
Made a nice little IP trade at Jester King today.
La Fours
AG
Nice Maca!!
maca1028
It's nice but I'm still drooling over NoCo's pic
NColoradoAG
Matt Chow and some other losers are having a total ***** fight over on Facebook ISO:FT. Got me through my morning deuce 10/10
Jock 07
AG
Looks like CBS is exercising their 6 day option and we very well may get stuck with the 11 am game
NColoradoAG
quote:
Looks like CBS is exercising their 6 day option and we very well may get stuck with the 11 am game
****. I knew that was going to happen. Please god do not stick us at 11am.

Jah003, maybe if you drink a temptation next Sunday night we will get a night game.
La Fours
AG
LSU - UF or ALA vs Ark, is what I expect to get the 11am time slot. Leaving us with the night game on ESPN as not to interfere with the ou-tu game on ABC at 11am.

Here's how the networks get to pick for the that weekend's games.

CBS gets first pick for the 2:30 time slot. Then ESPN gets to pick it's 2 games at 5pm and 8pm. Then CBS gets to pick for the 11am time slot.

LSU/UF - This game and the UGA game are a toss up for the 11am kick on CBS but I think this is a bigger draw than UGA, so probably 11am CBS
ALA/Ark - Whichever time slot A&M doesn't get on ESPN
AUB/MSU - I think this game gets the CBS 2:30 if we lose to MSU
Miss/TAMU - CBS 2:30 if we win vs MSU, or ESPN, No chance ESPN lets CBS take our game for the 11am kick and cannibalize viewers for the ou/tu game
UGA/MIZZ - most likely to end up on SECN
NColoradoAG
quote:
LSU - UF or ALA vs I have no idea, is what I expect to get the 11am time slot. Leaving us with the night game on ESPN as not to interfere with the ou-tu game.
Good point. I think the ou-tu game may save us from the 11am slot.
La Fours
AG
While I was editing my original post NCol replied. I added more context and my opinion as to how it will play out. But, I'm almost always wrong. So beyond the 11am kick speculation, the rest is a toss up.
BSD
AG
Anyone have an extra Thursday ticket for GABF? It might end well for you if you do...
maca1028
Speaking of bottle shares and game times, I think I was the one to throw out the idea for a Mizzou share. I found out last week that my daughter has a soccer tournament that Saturday, not sure of the time yet but unless the Mizzou game is at night I will likely not make that share. If it's 11am game time I'll likely be selling my tickets all together.
62strat
AG
I outgrew my first and only beer shelf.. So this weekend was a cellar room make over

I had put up the wall on basement stairs a few months back leaving the backside under the stairs unfinished; turns out the width of a 2x4 wall is perfect depth for beer.

Remaining on the shelves are sours. The wall is everything else (bourbons, belgians, barleywines, barrel aged, seasonal, misc. stuff)

jah003
S
I hate 11 am games with a passion that burns deep inside me... We shall see what happens, though.

NColoradoAG: If someone sends me a Temptation, I'll jump on that grenade.

62strat: Holy Balls! Can I come over...?

maca1028: I can certainly host the Mizzou bottleshare if you aren't able to make it/host.
La Fours
AG
quote:
I outgrew my first and only beer shelf.. So this weekend was a cellar room make over

I had put up the wall on basement stairs a few months back leaving the backside under the stairs unfinished; turns out the width of a 2x4 wall is perfect depth for beer.

Remaining on the shelves are sours. The wall is everything else (bourbons, belgians, barleywines, barrel aged, seasonal, misc. stuff)

Not a single Jester King beer.

Very cool set up. I really like the wall idea.
62strat
AG
Hah, yeh... The few JKs I've acquired since moving here I've enjoyed
maca1028
Thanks jah! At this point I'm just hoping to make the game.
Echoes97
AG
Anyone else going to the bottle share tonight at the new Farm Boy Brew Shop in Houston? They're doing a pre-opening deal at 6:30, me and my bud planning on checking it out.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
You bros try this No Label pumpkin seasonal yet? **** is delicious.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Had it on tap a few weeks ago and liked it a lot. Picked up two bottles at the downtown specs on Saturday.
maca1028
Thanks for the shiner BSD
army01
AG
15? NIce!
maca1028
It's drinking really well
62strat
AG
Picked up some more sours. That's a quick $75.

Scriffer
AG
Jackpot

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2014/09/30/study-main-ingredient-found-in-beer-can-help-improve-memory/
dave99ag
AG
quote:
A human would have to drink 2000 liters of beer a day to reach the xanthohumol levels we used in this research

Challenge accepted!
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
A human would have to drink 2000 liters of beer a day to reach the xanthohumol levels we used in this research

Challenge accepted!
First Page Last Page
Page 527 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.