Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,561 Views | 62472 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by jah003
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As soon as it cools off to shipping temps, I'm treating the tailgate to RR.
Jock 07
AG
Speaking of tailgate, just booked my flight for the ole piss game, flying into IAH on Thur. I don't know what everyone else's schedule is, but if we get screwed with a day game again, are there any thoughts of a Fri afternoon/night bottle share?

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 7/29/2014 7:39p).]
AggieOO
Dark horse nation premieres tonight on history. Don't know much about it, but have the dvr set.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Speaking of tailgate, just booked my flight for the ole piss game, flying into IAH on Thur. I don't know what everyone else's schedule is, but if we get screwed with a day game again, are there any thoughts of a Fri afternoon/night bottle share?

I could be down for something Friday, regardless of game time. We're going to Jester King after golf, but should be back to college station around dinner time. I'll have a couple buddies with me so we'll be going to midnight yell.

I could probably host something smallish at my parents house in Wellborn. We could hang out around the pool and share bottles.

I feel pretty confident with the new TV scheduling that the ole miss game will be a night slot.
Scriffer
AG
Three Floyds / Surly / Real Ale Blakkr.

Good stuff, kinda sweet

[This message has been edited by scriffer (edited 7/29/2014 9:16p).]
62strat
AG
GABF Thursday night and sat afternoon tickets secured. May be the last time I go. Although I may reconsider that when the 2015 festival will have another hall adding 30% space. I only wish they decide not to increase ticket sales, making it less crowded.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
My 6'3" skinny arse barely made it down the slide since I was so twisted coming down. Fun regardless!

I don't know if I've ever made it down unscathed.
ive only been down once got a pretty good size burn on my knee.

Would do again.
Two Down
AG
This stuff is pretty damn incredible

Jock 07
AG
I just watched the first segment of the first episode, looks like a brewery version of duck dynasty.
AggieOO
I'll give it another episode or two, but it was over" meh."
dave99ag
AG
My then girlfriend, now wife, going down the NB slide. I knew she was a keeper when she willingly went with me to the Colorado Brewers Festival.

MW13
AG
I've enjoyed reading this thread as I'd say over the past 2 years trying new and different beers has become an addiction (maybe obsession is a better term). Know far less than you guys but its been an interesting read.

The last two summers I've had a chance to go to the northwest and found some really awesome beers up there. Last summer I got introduced to Ninkasi and really enjoyed it. Up until then I tolerated IPAs but now I dare say I enjoy them. Their Total Domination, Tricerhops and their Vanilla Oatis stout were all awesome.

This summer I ended up in Whitefish, Montana and got introduced to the Great Northern Brewing Co. It was a really awesome place and all the beers I had from them were really good. Wheatfish, Wild Huckleberry Wheat, Going to the Sun IPA and Amber Waves of Grain American Lager were my favorites. They also had a TPA which was made with Earl Grey tea which was pretty interesting.

Also got bottles of Missoula Brewing Company HIghlander and Bitterroot Brewing Huckleberry Honey Hefe to bring home.

I had one day in Portland which was way too short to make a dent in their beer scene. I had supper at the Alameda Brewery and they had some good beers specifically the Black Bear Stout XX. and the Klickitat Pale.

From there we walked to a little neighborhood bar called Bottles that was really cool. I got a few looks when I walked in wearing my boots and jeans but after we bellied up to the bar and explained we were from Texas all was good. We told the bartendress we only wanted stuff we couldn't get back home and she was in charge and she set us up with some good flights including my first sour beer. I wish I could remember the name of it and some beer called a pink drink but it started to get a little hazy at that point. We also had a good tripel I can't remember and an Ale Industries Uncle Jesse which was our least favorite.

The cool thing was they had reach in coolers with over 500 beers you could get to go so I grabbed a 6 pack of stuff I hadn't seen before and added it to my growing stash in my suitcase. In that 6 pack I ended up with:

Pelican Brewing Surfers's Summer Ale - Awesome
Mad River Brewing Flor de Jamaica - pretty good
FIsh Tale Ale Full Blast Blonde - pretty good

And that I haven't gotten to yet:

Payette Brewing Company Fly Line
Fort George 1811 Lager
21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon

Sorry for the novel just wanted to get in on the party and look forward to running down some more of the beers you guys talk about on here. Thanks for the good reading.

La Fours
AG
Sounds like a good trip MW13. Fort George makes some good beers. And that Hell or High Watermelon is pretty tasty as well.
Jock 07
AG
Tickets for Thurs night GABF secured. I can't freakin wait.
Jock 07
AG
Not really that impressed with the dark horse show either. Brew dogs is much better. Wish that dogfish show would come back.
CollinAB
AG
MW13, my uncle lives up in Columbia Falla near Whitefish and that Going To The Sun IPA is my favorite local thing to get there. Citrusy and refreshing. Nice country up there.
NColoradoAG
Sounds like Crooked Stave's What the Funk 3.0 will be on Thursday, October 2nd. I think I am destined to never make it to that fest.
MW13
AG
So Collin you're saying we have a hookup to get Great Northern brews?? Kidding, but it was one of my favorite places I've ever been. I'd go back tomorrow if I could. Lots of good beer too.

Speaking of which I think I'll go dig into my stash.
clobby
AG
I didn't think Crooked Stave was going to be at GABF this year. I got 2 tickets to the early sat afternoon.
Jock 07
AG
Anybody been to Ska's anniversary party? Dude here at work is telling me it's pretty legit.
BigN--00
AG
Overheard tonight in a hotel bar in Mobile: "No, Stella [Artois] is ****! In Belgium we use Stella to flush our toilets... and to export!"

jah003
S
Anyone else in Austin hitting this up on Saturday...?

http://www.craftbeeraustin.com/events/bangers-two-year-anniversary-party/?utm_content=bufferb9c63&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

That might be one of the sillier tap lists I've ever seen. I sure hope they'll do flights cause I'll die trying to make it through that list...
WorkBoots09
AG
The Dogfish Head show (Brewmasters I think it's called) is on Netflix. With DFH's continued success and the recent resurgence in craft beer, I was expecting that to come back as well. Although the Chicha episode nearly made me puke a couple times.
AgEng06
AG
About to board a plane to San Fran. Russian River here I come!
Two Down
AG
Rub it in, ya b-hole.
BSD
AG
Have fun AgEng. Enjoy those mother****in Drew Bites!

How's this for a tease? I'll be in Northern California next weekend and for the first time in my life I wont get to visit wine/beer country while I'm there. I may sneak a trip to Toronado in there...as long as they dont mind a 5 year old tagging along.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Rub it in, ya b-hole.

Don't act like you aren't going to benefit from my trip. You'll change your tune when you get more of that sweet, sweet Pliny.
jh0400
AG
quote:
Enjoy those mother****in Drew Bites!

Pliny Bites or GTFO
Two Down
AG
Well hurry on back then. I am not a patient man.
Two Down
AG
Oh, and have a good trip, I suppose.
Jegan14
AG
I'll be at Banger's on Saturday probably around 1 or 2. Everything is getting tapped at 11 am. What time are you getting there Jah?
jah003
S
quote:
I'll be at Banger's on Saturday probably around 1 or 2. Everything is getting tapped at 11 am. What time are you getting there Jah?

I got to be somewhere from 1- 3, so shortly after that. Hoping most of the good stuff is still hanging around by then. Heck, I might swing by from 11 - 12:30 ish and then come back!
Scriffer
AG
Will I have any hope of tracking down some Crooked Stave in Colorado Springs? I've heard the Colorado folks on here go nuts over it, but I have no idea what availability is like.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Picked up some Prairie Hop today--good to see it back on shelves!

Also got a 6-pack of Little Sumpin' Extra that I'm looking forward to trying.
defroach
Ill probably be at bangers at around noon
First Page Last Page
Page 490 of 1785

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.