Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,883 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by La Fours
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
N Co- I will be in Denver and Breckenridge most of next week. Is there any place I could find some Pliney the Elder, Bourbon County or Russian River beers?

Bourbon County is long gone.

Russian River is hit or miss. Best places to shop for them along your route to Breck would be Mr. B's and Arogonaut downtown, Highland Wine and Spirits off I70, and Applejack Wine and Spirits a little further down I70. Most places you'll need to ask. It's a fifty/fifty shot.

Don't despair, though. There's dozens of other choices on the shelves here that are just as good as Pliny and the Russian River beers.
Two Down
AG
I will add Beatification to the list of RRBC to find, but it can be very difficult.

(and that was for Scriffer and his hookup)

[This message has been edited by Two Down (edited 7/29/2014 10:29a).]
Falcon85
AG
Thanks N Co. I'm looking forward to the cooler weather and checking out some new beers along the route and in the pubs in Breck.
Jock 07
AG
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll go ahead and stick with the hyatt and just ride the train in. It's too bad we're gonna miss you. I've got reservations for the new Belgium tour on the 16th if any of y'all are around ft Collins then would love to meet up for a beer or 3
NColoradoAG
Definitely hit up Backcountry Brewing in Frisco. Great beer and food
NColoradoAG
GABF tickets secured.

Jock, you and my friends scheduling sucks. I'll be in Steamboat for a wedding that weekend. This dudes wedding has been the worst for beer events. Bachelor party was the first crooked stave release, and the wedding....on the second release.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 7/29/2014 11:17a).]
NColoradoAG
quote:
I've got reservations for the new Belgium tour on the 16th

You better ride the slide at the end of the tour. I want picture evidence that you made it down in one piece.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
So I just found out I have a strong hookup in California to score Firestone Walker and Russian River. What else do I put on my wish list?

Have him stop in at Barrelworks. They have a library of anniversary going back a good ways as well as old Sucabas and parabolas. Also they have a lot of one offs you can only get there like lil opal, Bretta Weisse, Bretta rose, etc. while he's there he can drink some of their awesome stuff that's on tap only.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
GABF tickets secured.

Jock, you and my friends scheduling sucks. I'll be in Steamboat for a wedding that weekend. This dudes wedding has been the worst for beer events. Bachelor party was the first crooked stave release, and the wedding....on the second release.

Damn that sucks, but on the bright side it's not during football season.
And I'll have the pictures

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 7/29/2014 11:29a).]
Jock 07
AG
Scriffer Pliny should hit here this Thurs if you want me to try and grab a bottle or two for you.
Scriffer
AG
I'd appreciate it, Jock. Shoot me an email at brusell 0 5 (no spaces) at geemail.
Jock 07
AG
Email sent
Scriffer
AG
Well crap...I typo'd my own name. brussell 0 5

Commence jokes
Jock 07
AG
Email re-sent
dave99ag
AG
quote:
You better ride the slide at the end of the tour. I want picture evidence that you made it down in one piece.

My 6'3" skinny arse barely made it down the slide since I was so twisted coming down. Fun regardless!
army01
AG
Scriffer --

Those sound like a bunch of beers that should never be allowed outside of California. You shouldn't even be allowed to mention them by name, much less expect to hold a bottle in your non-Californian hands!
BQ78
AG
Finally tried Russian River stuff this past weekend at the brewery. Liked the farm house ales and sours (normally I don't like sours and these are much better than JK) but think Pliny is overrated, it was Stash with a cleaner finish. Now tell me how lame I am .

The beer that made me go OMG out here was 21st Amendment's Hell or High Watermelon. Was pretty good sitting on the street watching the people walking in to the Dodger Giant game Friday on an exceptionally warm SF afternoon.

[This message has been edited by BQ78 (edited 7/29/2014 1:25p).]
maca1028
quote:
Scriffer --

Those sound like a bunch of beers that should never be allowed outside of California. You shouldn't even be allowed to mention them by name, much less expect to hold a bottle in your non-Californian hands!

I see what you did there
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Scriffer --

I see what you did there

I don't.

But...I'm sorry?
dave99ag
AG
I'll forgive you if you share at the tailgate.
txaggie05
AG
quote:

quote:
Scriffer --

I see what you did there

EFE
AG
YOU AND YOUR CALIFORNIA BEER MULES ARE RUINING MY HIPSTER SCENE!!!

/phischfcker
Scriffer
AG
Oh wait...is this the Big San Diego Beer Transport Fight?

I think I might have accidentally started that in January when I was looking for places to go. My bad.
NColoradoAG
quote:
My 6'3" skinny arse barely made it down the slide since I was so twisted coming down. Fun regardless!

I don't know if I've ever made it down unscathed.
BSD
AG
Big San Diego Beer Transport Fight? I must have missed out on that one.
Scriffer
AG
I could be thinking of something else. I asked about how to get beer home from San Diego, and all hell broke loose about where to buy / who to buy from / etc.

*slinks back into lurker mode*
BSD
AG
Oh...I remember now. It ended with this:

CollinAB
AG
Yeah, that was the one. Don't worry. You're good. Everybody on this page is just kidding with you. The guy who actually got pissed off is long gone, thanks to that post BSD screenshotted above.

[This message has been edited by CollinAB (edited 7/29/2014 3:32p).]
Scriffer
AG
Pretty sure Dave isn't kidding.
NColoradoAG
Phischy is still ****ting all over everyone on TalkBeer. I reached out to him last year about meeting at GABF because he volunteers, but he did not even respond.
BSD
AG
Phischy is a schmeckle. **** him and his neck beard.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Phischy is still ****ting all over everyone on TalkBeer. I reached out to him last year about meeting at GABF because he volunteers, but he did not even respond.

I've seriously considered posting a thread over there asking about Fred and B4L shipping beers. But since I have the same user name here as there, I decided against it.
CollinAB
AG
Scriffer, I thought that was pretty clearly not a joke.
army01
AG
It is definitely a joke Scriffer! That guy is/was a doooooooooooooooooosh!
Scriffer
AG
Well that's a relief. And here I was about to start growing a neckbeard.
First Page Last Page
Page 489 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.