Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,878 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by La Fours
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just switched to this. Seems very similar to regular BCBS to me.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Jock,

We had the hibernal the other night and noticed the same thing about the pour. Very flat, but the beer was fine.
Hub05
AG
Last nights session

WorkBoots09
AG
Celebrated the wife closing her new job with a half growler of Raspberry Temptress. Oddly enough, her new job is less than 5 minutes away from Lakewood Growler... I sense our beer budget just increased.
Scriffer
AG
Is Raspberry Temptress still available? I missed it this spring.
62strat
AG
Beer run!

NColoradoAG
Jock, Trinity starts releasing the Red Swingline variants tonight. I'm good for a couple bottles if you happen to be over there.
maca1028
Got promoted today, now I need the help of TexAgs...Darkness '13, Dark Lord '14, or BC Cherry Rye to celebrate? Can't do all three tonight because I do have to work in the morning.
txaggie05
AG
um....do a blind draw and just grab a bottle? good choices.

and congrats!

[This message has been edited by txaggie05 (edited 7/25/2014 1:15p).]
Hub05
AG
I vote cherry rye
BSD
AG
Hub is on fire lately.

And congrats Maca. Go for the Cherry Rye, as I think the others could benefit from a little more age.
steve00
AG
Utopias

Looking forward to trying it after dinner tonight.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Got promoted today, now I need the help of TexAgs...Darkness '13, Dark Lord '14, or BC Cherry Rye to celebrate? Can't do all three tonight because I do have to work in the morning.

You should probably just pour all three into a pitcher or large flower vase. Report back tomorrow morning.
Echoes97
AG
Steve00, where did you find that bad boy? Very nice, never gotten my hands on one.
steve00
AG
https://www.gillettewine.com/websearch_results.html?kw=utopias

They still show at least one in stock. They say they don't ship beer, but after I called them they agreed to do it for this particular beer.
cc10106
Sipping on some Detritivore at JK right now. Fantastic brew. I doubt it will last much longer, so take advantage if you can. Also, the tangerine/clementine may be my favorite Provenance.
Jock 07
AG
NColorado, I get back tomorrow night and need to get my haircut this week and my barber is 3 doors down from trinity, what do you need?

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 7/25/2014 9:26p).]
Jock 07
AG
Steve, enjoy. I just brought a bottle back for one of my buddies at Ft Hood this week. It seems the only places that still have them are the places that sell the bottles at a pretty decent up charge. The bottle my buddy got was 285 plus tax. IIRC retail is right around 215
NColoradoAG
Jock, I thought tonight was going to be the double swing release. It was actually the session swing and the Gose. If you get to try them, shoot me an email and let me know if they're any good. We'll go from there.
Jock 07
AG
Word, will do. Hope the gose is good. Also hope they actually have em on tap to try but unfortunately that hasn't been their sop in the past.
corndog04
AG
Nice evening at Solera Brewing

[This message has been edited by corndog04 (edited 7/25/2014 10:18p).]
62strat
AG
Ags I need your help. Trying to remember a beer I had at GABF last year. It was Oregon or WA. The logo a hop cone. The beer was a one off I think, but it was a flanders type sour. Small brewery, no out of state distribution.

Not much info I know, but the hop cone logo was pretty distinct. They were giving away coasters and temporary tattooes of the logo at the festival.

Well, after a second attempt at googling I found it. Double mountain brewery.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 7/25/2014 11:03p).]
La Fours
AG

These are the beers I bought today. My wallet hurts. I also paid for a couple bottles of JK beer that AggieOO grabbed for me.

Notice the FSW Anniversary.
steve00
AG
Jock - I was pretty happy to get it for 275 all in. Seemed a fair markup compared to other hard to find things.

I just tried it with some creme brûlée after a steak dinner (at home). This is the greatest after dinner drink I have ever had. It is much more than a beer, but also much more than a cognac. I also liked that it made me think a bottle cap was out of place on a beer. I'll be ordering more.

Jock 07
AG
Steve, I agree it's a great after dinner drink, I've almost killed my 2012 bottle that I popped about this time last year. The bottle seals very well.
La a Fours, looks like I should have made the effort to stop today but we were in a decent hurry and just passed through CS quickly. Still lookin forward to the ole miss bottle share
corndog04
AG
62 - any chance it was double mountain out of hood river, or? They use a hop cone for a logo although I can't think what that particular beer may be.
62strat
AG
Yep.. Read post again. I don't think the sour is in production unfortunately. Unless it's their devils kriek.
corndog04
AG
We were there yesterday, didn't see any sours on the menu.
Ags #1
AG
Just got a woot stout 2.0 delivered. Can't wait to try it out. Loved last years release.
corndog04
AG
We found a nice surprise at the bottle shop yesterday. Haven't seen one of these since December.

AggieOO
finally found beer camp.
La Fours
AG
Damn corndogs.

And AggieOO, I thought you didn't care for ipa's?
CollinAB
AG
Been really digging the Real Ale Gose and White this weekend. Good summer beers.
Bock for Breakfast
AG
Just cracked open my first Parabola. 2014. To me, its better than KBS. As good or better than BCBS. I am shocked this is 14%. Solid buzz on while thinking about BTHOSC...molasses, brown sugar, tobacco. Wow.
Scriffer
AG
New Glarus Coffee Stout tonight.
First Page Last Page
Page 487 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.