Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,015 Views | 62613 Replies | Last: 32 min ago by swampstander
steve00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Round 2
bthotugigem05
AG
Some Vanilla Noir with almond-crusted chicken boobs. Things may quickly escalate into some Wine Barrel Noir.
jetch17
AG
Steve00 tearin' sh*t up tonight
jh0400
AG
quote:

Probably my favorite RRBC beer.
steve00
AG
It was a good day at my beer store. Eight Plinys in the fridge now.

I've never had a sour beer before. I mostly like hoppy IPAs. It was very tasty, but I'd probably have to have a few more to acquire a taste for sours. Or maybe I just need to pair it with an appropriate food.
62strat
AG
quote:
N Co- I will be staying in Centennial with a car. Some of the beers I like are the Bourbon Counties, Prarie Wine Barrel Noir, Founders Black Butte, Lagunitas Undercover, Enjoy By and Belgians. I've had RU 55 and thought it was just okay.
theres a new brewpub on county line, brew spruce. Only brew pub in the far south east area (aside from chains) haven't been there yet though. They have a Belgian golden strong and a doppelbock, two styles you usually don't see in regular lineups.

If you like Belgians and make it into town go to cheeky monk by the Capitol. Unbelievable selection.
MW03
AG
Same here Steve. Started on Saisons to wet my beak.
62strat
AG
quote:
It was a good day at my beer store. Eight Plinys in the fridge now.

I've never had a sour beer before. I mostly like hoppy IPAs. It was very tasty, but I'd probably have to have a few more to acquire a taste for sours. Or maybe I just need to pair it with an appropriate food.
i had my first sour around 2009. Hated it. Now, since about 2011, I love em. My transition sours were Belgians. Flanders red styles like duchesse. I guess I just liked the base beer enough to get used to the tart and sour. Now I like that characteristic enough that the base style doesn't matter.

On other hand, I drank IPAs for 7-8 years. Hoppier the better. Now, haven't touched them in about 2 years.

For sure try food. Two ways to go; compliment it with acid/tart foods, like vinegar, citrus, etc

Or do what seems like a no brainer; sweet foods. I shouldn't have to explain that one

I've definitively learned to not only expect my palate to change over years' time, but also to just go with it. Craft beer drinker for about 11 years now.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 6/27/2014 10:03p).]
CollinAB
AG
Good seeing you out at JK today, Turfman. Got a few Bombs, a Black Butte XXV and some Enjoy By hanging out in my fridge right now. Should be a good weekend.
MW03
AG
maca1028
Thanks to whoever recommended rubberneck red a few weeks ago. This is a really good summer beer.
wessimo
AG
Don't gain an appreciation for sours and you will save a lot of money on your beer budget.
maca1028
quote:
Don't gain an appreciation for sours and you will save a lot of money on your beer budget.

This
steve00
AG
Good advice 62strat. I was thinking that seemed like a beer to have with some pie. I'll see what else I can find at the store next week to get a wider sample of the style.

Back to something I know I like now.

Falcon85
AG
Thanks 62nd. IBrew Spruce sounds interesting. Let me know if you check it out.
BSD
AG
quote:

Worst advice ever! Just get another job or two.
Hub05
AG
This was my third De garde beer and I have not been blown away by any of them. The vin rougie was one of the most acidic beers I have ever had and it completely killed any grape flavors.
Otto literally had chunks of peaches floating in it. Interesting beer, but the cherries and peaches didn't complement each other.
This bottle of LiL had more cherry than I remembered and it hid some of the sweetness. Really enjoyed this one last night

[This message has been edited by Hub05 (edited 6/28/2014 12:05p).]
cpscAG06
AG
I remember LiL from the Bama bottle share. I still have dreams about that
jh0400
AG
I had the latest St A Icon earlier, and it wasn't bad. It wasn't great but would be good for a session beer.
jh0400
AG
Had a Boxer's Revenge and wish JK would focus on making their regular beers available year round.

[This message has been edited by Jh0400 (edited 6/28/2014 5:13p).]
jetch17
AG
quote:
I had the latest St A Icon earlier, and it wasn't bad. It wasn't great but would be good for a session beer.

The latest green? Isn't it supposed to be Anchorsteam-ish?
AgEng06
AG
JK run this afternoon...

The Beer and I
After months of prep, finally got the house on the market today. This seems like an appropriate way to celebrate.
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

The latest green? Isn't it supposed to be Anchorsteam-ish?

Anchor Steam + hops

I really like Anchor Steam, so ymmv.
steve00
AG
I like some Buffalo Bayou beers, but I like this more.

The Beer and I
Are you suggesting that More Cowbell doesn't stand up to Pliny?
steve00
AG
It's been a year or so since I've been to BB. At the time, I remember a couple of good beers and a couple of bad beers, but none that would be worth comparing to Pliny.

They give out better glasses than Karbach though.
steve00
AG
Is More Cowbell good? Looks like I can order it from Specs. Anything else worth getting from BB?
The Beer and I
I was just kidding, I haven't been that impressed with Buffalo Bayou. I do love their Gingerbread Stout though, and I think they just released a batch.
jetch17
AG
Peanut butter & crack sandwich!

docaggie
AG
Made my first trip to Jester King Friday.
I finally found a beer my wife likes. Too bad it's Atrial.
I forsee more trips in my future - which isn't a bad thing.
I also found myself liking the Biere de Miele. And I've got a bottle of Provenance to try that I haven't cracked yet. I'm not big on lemons so I only got the one.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Been in Oregon 2 days and am already spoiled by the availability of great beer. Heading down to Eureka tomorrow, and thinking of stopping in at Mad River Brewing.
jetch17
AG
Saw this yesterday on RRBC's FB ... Didn't know they made 12's, but it gave me a boner

steve00
AG
My beer store gets 1 or 2 of those cases twice a month. They keep them behind the counter and only allow customers to buy one bottle per person.

I have a deal with the owner that I'll buy pretty much whatever high end whiskey he gets in, so he usually sells me 4 bottles. A few weeks ago he called to say he had a bottle of PVW15. When I bought it, he gave me 6 Plinys. I'm pretty sure that if he ever gets a PVW20 or 23, he'd give me a whole case of Pliny.

Trying this today. It's interesting, but the Victoria with white grapes is better.

62strat
AG
12s...? You mean 12 pack?
I thought all plinys come in a 12 pack, to ship them stores. That's how they had them stored at the brewery any way. Never saw a six pack.
First Page Last Page
Page 473 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.