Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,963 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Jock 07
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
quote:
Saw it mentioned on BA but not here. So according to the JK blog, they did a collaboration on a beer and it won't make it to Texas because of our idiotic laws? What exactly do distributors make up as an excuse for all this stupidity? I'm sure the money finds the right pockets but I'm curious as to what their official argument is.

I was actually kind of relived... The last thing I need is another trip to JK right now. Yea, Texas laws suck, but I don't think I can afford another trip to JK. Now that Crooked Stave collaboration is a whole other story...
NColoradoAG
quote:
Ok, if you only had time to visit 2 breweries in Denver, which ones would you check out?

What kind of beers do you like? Where are you staying? Will you have a car? The beer scene is expansive in Denver and stretches across the entire Metro.

My top two are Crooked Stave and TRVE. But, if you don't like sours/funky beers, then those aren't for you.

River North makes some solid brews with a belgian twist. They also often have a few barrel aged offerings. Epic has a nice taproom with tons of beers on each day. Prost makes German style beers. Their tap room is a little boring IMO. Jagged Mountain and Black Shirt are new spots that are doing good things. Then you've got Great Divide. That's a hoppin tap room, but rarely is anything on outside of the normal lineup.

Just South of downtown you've got Strange, Wits End, Renegade and TRVE. All good places. Vine Street is a hippy joint to the east of downtown with solid beers and food. Good patio too.

If you want to hit bars go to Falling Rock. Check out the Rockies schedule though and try to avoid there before gametime because it's packed. Also don't expect good food or service. Hops and Pie is a short cab ride from downtown and is hands down my favorite place to get a beer and some food. Lucky Pie downtown is also good. Wynkoop Brewpub downtown also has good food and decent beer.
BSD
AG
I liked Crooked Stave the best. River North and Renegade were good, too. I think I liked TRVE but I was so hammered when I got there that I barely remembered it. It was a good day.
La Fours
AG
Besides Westbrook, Terrapin and Bells, what should I look for in Myrtle Beach next weekend?
62strat
AG
Has anyone had the American Trappist beer yet? Spencer Trappist ale, from, and only available for now, in MA.
Bmac04
AG
quote:
Besides Westbrook, Terrapin and Bells, what should I look for in Myrtle Beach next weekend?

Foothills, Evil Twin & New Holland all make pretty good stuff that distributes there
army01
AG
quote:
Has anyone had the American Trappist beer yet? Spencer Trappist ale, from, and only available for now, in MA.

Yessir! Had it two weeks ago in Boston. Pretty good, too!

La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

Foothills, Evil Twin & New Holland all make pretty good stuff that distributes there

Thanks. I'll be sure to look for those as well.
La Fours
AG
Picked this up today. Odell Footprint. It's different. Not great. Not awful. Just ok.

BQ08
AG
quote:

There are a surprising amount of CA beers from the Bruery and 21st Amendment in the GA/FL area.
La Fours
AG
Are they in South Carolina though?
maca1028
Anyone know any BEER worth purchasing in Arkansas?

[This message has been edited by maca1028 (edited 6/26/2014 10:28p).]
La Fours
AG
quote:
Anyone know anything worth picking up in Arkansas?

Your cousin?
maca1028
jah003
S
quote:
Anyone know anything worth picking up in Arkansas?

4 packs of Bomb...? Yea... That's a thing in Arkansas.
maca1028
I can do that as long as it's not based off $8 per bottle like it is here.

[This message has been edited by maca1028 (edited 6/26/2014 10:38p).]
62strat
AG
quote:
Picked this up today. Odell Footprint. It's different. Not great. Not awful. Just ok.

I'm still sitting on one. I see they released another one similar to it, but I wanna say it was all local ingredients? Can't remember name. Wasn't jaunt, something else.

Anyone know if they release the meddler regularly? The flanders red.
NoneGiven
AG
Hopfields in Austin has Founders KBS, Prairie Noir, and Enjoy By on tap. Not a bad night.
Falcon85
AG
N Co- I will be staying in Centennial with a car. Some of the beers I like are the Bourbon Counties, Prarie Wine Barrel Noir, Founders Black Butte, Lagunitas Undercover, Enjoy By and Belgians. I've had RU 55 and thought it was just okay.
FlyFish95
Had some Revolver Blood & Honey this week and thought it was pretty good. Very smooth with a touch of sweetness.
NColoradoAG
quote:
N Co- I will be staying in Centennial with a car. Some of the beers I like are the Bourbon Counties, Prarie Wine Barrel Noir, Founders Black Butte, Lagunitas Undercover, Enjoy By and Belgians. I've had RU 55 and thought it was just okay.

Alrighty. Being that far South, you may want to stick to that area. Getting to and from downtown from Centennial can be a *****. If you wanted to do the Downtown spots from there, I'd shoot for going on a weekend afternoon.

Definitely hit up Dry Dock brewing. A little northwest of Dry Dock is Copper Kettle and Bull and Bush. Both are fantastic spots. There's also a new brewery in that area called Comrade Brewing. Been hearing good things.

There's also some great liquor stores in that area. Davidsons, Lukas, Heritage, and Cornerstar will definitely satisfy your shopping needs. Parry's Pizza is also a nice spot to eat just west of the mall. Tons of taps and pretty decent food (albeit a bit pricey).

Strat, that's your stomping ground so let us know if I missed anything.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 6/27/2014 9:59a).]
Falcon85
AG
Thanks for the info N Co- I will be in the city at least one day for the Rockies/Cubs game on Tuesday, the 5th.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Thanks for the info N Co- I will be in the city at least one day for the Rockies/Cubs game on Tuesday, the 5th.

Nice. Be sure to check out the new rooftop pavilion in right field. There's a bar up there with 50 taps and also an Oskar Blues CHUBurger. A burger, fries, and a dales pale up there is the best meal in the stadium. There's also tons of "scenery"

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 6/27/2014 10:24a).]
SecoKid
AG
NColoradoAG,
I'm flying to Denver and heading to Estes Park next week for a wedding. Planning on spending Monday the 7th in Boulder though. Was thinking about going to Avery. Any other recommendations for breweries or bottle shops?
NColoradoAG
Upslope has two taprooms in Boulder that are both pretty good. BRU has fantastic food and beer. Fate is a decent place as well that has some one offs, barrel aged brews, and Good food.

Which way will you be coming into Boulder? Longmont, or Denver?

If coming up US36 from Denver. Stop in at Post Brewing if you can. Their fried chicken is literally the best I've ever had. Beer is good too. Gravity Brewing is also right around there and makes some fantastic beer.

If you're coming down from the north through Longmont or Lyons you can hit the usual spots there, ie Oskar Blue's and Left Hand, along with Bootstrap and Aasher is you head into Boulder.

My favorite bottle shops in Boulder are Btown Wine and Spirits & Harvest Wine and Spirits (both just west of Avery), LiquorMart (kind of out of the way from the breweries), and Hazels (centrally located in Boulder)

Dont sleep on the breweries in Loveland either. Verboten and Grimm Brothers are doing good things.

Who can I provide travel plans for next?

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 6/27/2014 11:43a).]
jetch17
AG
Having a Deschutes Armory XPA on nitro at BRC ... Interesting

BSD
AG
quote:
Who can I provide travel plans for next?

Know of any bottles shops on the ferry ride between St Kitts and Nevis?
NColoradoAG
quote:
Know of any bottles shops on the ferry ride between St Kitts and Nevis?

My skills are limited to the Front Range.
txaggie05
AG
quote:
Nice. Be sure to check out the new rooftop pavilion in right field. There's a bar up there with 50 taps and also an Oskar Blues CHUBurger. A burger, fries, and a dales pale up there is the best meal in the stadium. There's also tons of "scenery"

This x 1000. We did that when we were up there a few weeks ago and had a blast. Just bought the cheapo $5 tix and stayed up there the whole time. Before the game, they have $6 pints of all of the craft beer and $3 Coors products if you're into that type of thing.
La Fours
AG
Black crack is out in college station stores.
jetch17
AG
Tons of crack at bunker HEB
BSD
AG
NColoradoAG
quote:
This x 1000. We did that when we were up there a few weeks ago and had a blast. Just bought the cheapo $5 tix and stayed up there the whole time. Before the game, they have $6 pints of all of the craft beer and $3 Coors products if you're into that type of thing.

They also offer a $15 standing room ticket that has a tear off voucher for $6 of food credit. It isn't a true "standing room only" either as the ticket will get you into the mezzanine seats below the pavilion
jetch17
steve00
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 472 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.