Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,444 Views | 62642 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by Crawdaddy
bbry81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wife is driving to Denver for a week and I was wondering if there was any beer she should try and find for me. I drink mainly all texas stuff. Any suggestions
jh0400
AG
quote:
Wife is driving to Denver for a week and I was wondering if there was any beer she should try and find for me. I drink mainly all texas stuff. Any suggestions

Pliny?
OldArmyAggie94
AG
Ranger
Jock 07
AG
Porch drinking with some FW opal again. Really wish they'd put these out in sixers
Jason_Ag98
AG
BCBS on tap at Whole Foods South Austin.
jetch17
AG
Mas rubberneck

MW03
AG
Find this. Drink it.

MW03
AG
BTW, Space Cake just got my first ever 5 star ranking on Untappd. I know there are about a hundred people on this thread with more sophisticated tastes than my own, but I'd be hard pressed to imagine a better double IPA. Easily the best I've had in recent memory.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Nice! I picked up a bottle of Space Cake during the Central Market 20% off sale and have been looking forward to trying it out.
MW03
AG
Ha! Same reason I got it. I'm a sucker for sales and labels.

I hope you'll do a review, good or bad, after you try it. I'd be interested to read someone else's thoughts.

[This message has been edited by mw03 (edited 6/20/2014 8:13p).]
wessimo
AG
St Arnold 20th anniversary. Eh, have had better barleywines.
Jock 07
AG
Is it an American or English barleywine?
The Beer and I
Space Cake is really good. I picked up an Upslope Imperial IPA today, another very solid one.
wessimo
AG
English
MW03
AG
For the record, I've never been lucky enough to find a Pliny, younger or older.
BurnetAggie99
Just tapped a keg of Live Oak Hefeweizen.

BQ08
AG
Couple of shandies from Traveler... Good summer beers!
txaggie05
AG
Went to Dragoon in Tucson today. Really good IPA, Double IPA, and Russian Imperial Stout. Doesn't sound like they plan on expanding too far, but a must go to in Tucson
jetch17
AG
Cracked an old orange wax bomb tonight

cc10106
Enjoying my first Dream Crusher. Gotta love accidental finds.
K Bo
AG
Just returned from NYC. I didn't do any beer hunting but did stumble upon Brooklyn Brewing selling their Greenmarket Wheat at Union Square Park yesterday. Seeing as it's only available in New York City I grabbed a couple to bring back to Texas. It should be great in this warm weather.

Otherwise, I didn't really have any beers of note other than Captain Lawrence Imperial IPA.
FancyKetchup14
AG
I've started to take a liking to Alteration. It's a darker beer brewed in Austin at Hops n' Grain. But my favorite summer beer in the whole damn world is shiner ruby red bird.
spadilly
S
quote:
St Arnold 20th anniversary. Eh, have had better barleywines.

I bought two this week (one to try now and one to age for a while). I've heard mixed reviews on it, but honestly, St A was the first local brewery I supported. We did kickball, softball, anniv partied with them, so I grabbed them for nostalgia purposes more than anything.
Jock 07
AG
Tried some of my brothers prairie wine barrel noir last night. Once it sat for a while it was pretty decent I thought, granted I'm not really a fan of stouts. Also had me some Sculpin tonight
Quincey P. Morris
AG
My sister and brother in law hit Jester King today. They'll be bringing me some Provenance - Lemon & Lime, Biere de Miel, Atrial Rubicite and Nocturn Chrysalis next week along with a pair of the Provenance glasses that they were selling. Looking forward to all of them.
Hub05
AG
The damage from last night

From left to right:
BA Abraxas, Abraxas, Bio Geueze, St Lam, LP Kriek, Fou Foune, Vignerrone, SARA Cask 200 and Professor Ron, Psuedosue, and Peche and Brett (my favorite beer of the day)

[This message has been edited by Hub05 (edited 6/23/2014 7:57a).]
dave99ag
AG
I have a garbage disposal in the kitchen that I've never used and thought a little beer fridge would be much more beneficial. The dimensions are roughly 15"x34", so tall and narrow. Anyone have one they can recommend to hold bombers, bottles and cans?
Bmac04
AG
Nice work Hub
NColoradoAG
Opened some beers at a bachelor party up in Keystone this weekend. No pics because I was ****faced for 72 straight hours.

Did a three year vert of Boulevard Love Child. The new one is enamel ripping. The '12 was awesome. That's definitely one I can recommend cellaring.

Also had a three year vert of Uncle Jacobs. I prefer that beer fresh. Backyard Rye was good as usual. Had a bunch of New Glarus fruit beers. Popped an Encedia and Nocturn as well. Encedia was ok, but way too much agave and tequila-like flavor for my tastes. Nocturn was pretty good. BlackBerry is a mild flavor but it came through well.

We finished off the weekend with a Hunahpu during breakfast.
La Fours
AG
Damn Hub and NCol. Nice.

I drank a SA 20th Anniversary last night. It was good, not great, not bad, just good, pretty much like their usual line up. It lacked the malt character I was expecting in a barleywine.
The Beer and I
Picked up a growler of Black Crack, can't wait to try it since I missed out on it last year.
aggiechris06
AG
quote:
Picked up a growler of Black Crack, can't wait to try it since I missed out on it last year.

Anywhere in Katy??
The Beer and I
Got it at HEB Vintage Park near spring.
steve00
AG

[This message has been edited by Steve00 (edited 6/24/2014 9:22a).]
jah003
S
quote:
Opened some beers at a bachelor party up in Keystone this weekend. No pics because I was ****faced for 72 straight hours.

Did a three year vert of Boulevard Love Child. The new one is enamel ripping. The '12 was awesome. That's definitely one I can recommend cellaring.

Also had a three year vert of Uncle Jacobs. I prefer that beer fresh. Backyard Rye was good as usual. Had a bunch of New Glarus fruit beers. Popped an Encedia and Nocturn as well. Encedia was ok, but way too much agave and tequila-like flavor for my tastes. Nocturn was pretty good. BlackBerry is a mild flavor but it came through well.

We finished off the weekend with a Hunahpu during breakfast.

Haven't opened my Encendia yet, but I'm a Tequila fan. Didn't get a whole lot of Tequila when I tried it at JK. Batch 2 Nocturn is light years better than Batch 1. I think changing the base beer helped that Blackberry come through.

Grabbed the last Love Child at Central market today... I don't need no enamel.
First Page Last Page
Page 469 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.