Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,073 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had enjoy by on tap the other day. Haven't opened my NB/3 Floyds yet.
NColoradoAG
It was an excellent idea to can this beer

Jock 07
AG
Bell's hasn't made it here to CO has it? I drank the **** out of 2 hearted when I was in Alabama and couldn't find any jai alai

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 6/10/2014 9:02p).]
NColoradoAG
No, I wish. I just received an absurd haul from my buddy in Michigan.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 6/10/2014 9:24p).]
Jock 07
AG
Damn, well on another note, I just saw that CS is bottling another round of Origins.
maca1028
Damn good

cc10106
Had some Mirror Mirror at Rockwell earlier and $5 DR14 at Lucky's right now. It's been a good night.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
Rahr has a new beer out called "Pride of Texas" that is a surprisingly delicious and easy drinking APA. This may very well prove to be my favorite (and most surprising) beer of the summer.

I am not a huge fan of Rahr's beers outside of few seasonal releases (Winter Warmer, Iron Thistle) but I think it is cool they are switching to cans and will have to track down a Pride of Texas. I'm sure it won't be hard in Fort Worth.

[This message has been edited by DonaldFDraper (edited 6/11/2014 8:41a).]
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Bell's hasn't made it here to CO has it? I drank the **** out of 2 hearted when I was in Alabama and couldn't find any jai alai

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 6/10/2014 9:02p).]

In Georgia for work, drinking one right after COB.
BSD
AG
Where in GA?
AgEng06
AG
quote:
It's happening... Atrial being released at JK starting this Friday. Looks like limit 2 this time around. Get your mules ready...!

Any more news on this?

I was out there last weekend and they told me either this weekend or the next, but I am surprised they haven't updated their website blog about it...
NoneGiven
AG
http://twitter.com/jesterkingbeer/status/475994434517991426
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, just found that. Thanks, NG.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Where in GA?

Augusta.
BSD
AG
If you are flying out of ATL, be sure to stop by Porter Beer Bar on your way back. And golf at Reynolds Plantation at Lake Oconee.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Recommendations noted. Will have a free afternoon Friday before flying out of ATL that night.
62strat
AG
This is a great sour.. well a berliner with peaches anyway. A great session beer..

aggiechris06
AG
Anyone here use a laser thermometer to ensure that you are serving each style of beer at appropriate temperatures, or is that too nerdy? If so, any recommendations? If not, please don't laugh me outta the thread, and how do y'all ensure this?
spadilly
S

I love that beer. Bought a few packs of it a week ago, but I swear it had different artwork on it. I'll have to go back and check.
NColoradoAG
Thanks jah003! You are the man.

62strat
AG
Spadilly, this artwork is definitely different than I remember as well. That's a fiesty little bugger on there.
62strat
AG
Chris.. Yeh hah that's a little much.

If it's out of the fridge, it's 35deg; cool but not cold, (sitting out for an hour) ~45-55 deg. Straight from my basement, ~60-65 deg.

jah003
S
quote:

Glad everything made it there safely. Enjoy!
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

Glad everything made it there safely. Enjoy!

Most will be crushed in Vail next weekend at a bachelor party. Excited for all the JK's
La Fours
AG
Nice jah.

NCol - I want pics of the Encendia being domed.
Jegan14
AG
Yeah, the Festina Peche and the Aprihop both have new artwork this year. I like the crazy little animals.

[This message has been edited by Jegan14 (edited 6/11/2014 9:41p).]
jetch17
AG
It's ok, still not on the smoky train

MW03
AG
quote:
quote:
Rahr has a new beer out called "Pride of Texas" that is a surprisingly delicious and easy drinking APA. This may very well prove to be my favorite (and most surprising) beer of the summer.

I am not a huge fan of Rahr's beers outside of few seasonal releases (Winter Warmer, Iron Thistle) but I think it is cool they are switching to cans and will have to track down a Pride of Texas. I'm sure it won't be hard in Fort Worth.

[This message has been edited by DonaldFDraper (edited 6/11/2014 8:41a).]

I'm with you on Rahr, though i do like ugly pug. Admittedly, I bought it because of the can. I'm a sucker for a kickass can.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Nice to know they changed the label on Festina Peche this year. I've come close to buying it a couple of times recently only to realize after looking at the bottling date that it was last year's batch.
Jock 07
AG
New breweries are popping up all over the place here in the CS area. Stopped by Nano 108 today, it's decent. Apparently they had a barrel aged blonde and barleywine that I missed out on. Stopped by Manitou Brewing Co last week and had their berlinerweisse with a homemade rasberry puree deal. It was actually pretty good.
BQ08
AG
quote:
Where in GA?

Yeah, this! If you're in the columbus area, check out Maltitude... It's pretty cool.
Echoes97
AG
Had a Lagunitas Nighttime recently, and damn that's a pretty nice beverage. Was not expecting much but it's really great.

Ranger222
AG
RE: The Dogfish Festina

I'm assuming it is like the Aprihop with two different labeling styles.

jetch17
AG
Love that Houston Artist Jermaine Rogers did the new Dogfish labels
Echoes97
AG
Also had the Saint Arnold 20th Anniversary Barley Wine last night, thought it was pretty good overall. Honestly was better than I was expecting from SA.
First Page Last Page
Page 464 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.