Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,624,892 Views | 62597 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
4. Top NBA players of all time

5)Lebron
4)Kareem
3)Magic
2)Russel
1)Jordan
NColoradoAG
quote:
I just found out my drinking buddy won a BA Abraxas in the lottery! My cellar is safe.

I went 0/6
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
4. Top NBA players of all time

5)Lebron
4)Kareem
3)Magic
2)Russel
1)Jordan

No Wilt? He averaged 30.07 points and 22.9 rebounds for a CAREER!!!!
NColoradoAG
quote:
No Wilt? He averaged 30.07 points and 22.9 rebounds for a CAREER!!!!

Only two championships, lazy player, jealous of his reported sexual prowess.
maca1028
maca1028

Back to beer

[This message has been edited by maca1028 (edited 6/2/2014 7:57p).]
Hub05
AG
Did perennial ever release the #s on how many ppl entered the lottery?

Beer drinking related, Happy birthday to the rib

Jegan14
AG
The haul from my Denver day trip:

http://i.imgur.com/dknj8pQl.jpg

EDIT: I'm having issues with making the picture come up on the page. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

[This message has been edited by Jegan14 (edited 6/3/2014 12:25p).]
NColoradoAG
Nice selection. Red Swingline is worth the price tag. Good pick on Serpents Stout too. One of my favorite under the radar beers. Ages well if you want to go that route. Peche Mortel is also a personal favorite.
Jegan14
AG
After going to 4 Denver liquor stores we went to Crooked Stave. Their beers are great but I wish they had more to try in their taproom (only four). My favorite was the Surrette. It was everything a tart saison should be. There was also a good liquor store next door which is where I got the La Roja, Peche Mortel, and Oude Gueueze.
Jock 07
AG
Interesting, I knew that trinity had gone to the smaller format for some of their beers like Old Growth 7 day sour and a couple others but have not seen red swingline and gansta around. Looks like I'll be buying some more swingline, which, imo, is really the only thing from trinity worth their inflated prices.
Jock 07
AG
Gotcha covered
NColoradoAG
quote:
Interesting, I knew that trinity had gone to the smaller format for some of their beers like Old Growth 7 day sour and a couple others but have not seen red swingline and gansta around. Looks like I'll be buying some more swingline, which, imo, is really the only thing from trinity worth their inflated prices.

I like the new 375's, but they've actually raised the price per oz. The 375's up here are $10.
62strat
AG
I like the 375s as well. Great for trying styles like sours that are all over the map flavor wise.. I have met some sours I just don't like (7 day sour being one of them).. so I hate to have a 24 ouncer of it.

I've seen 3-4 of the smaller trinity's for several weeks now, along with paradox.

more $/ounce for a smaller bottle is to be expected.. basic economies of scale. Rarely do you find otherwise in a packaged form.

I have seen half pints for half the price of a full pint at bars.. and I'm a fan

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 6/3/2014 12:02p).]
NColoradoAG
NM

[This message has been edited by ncoloradoag (edited 6/3/2014 12:18p).]
jh0400
AG
quote:
I like the 375s as well. Great for trying styles like sours that are all over the map flavor wise.. I have met some sours I just don't like (7 day sour being one of them).. so I hate to have a 24 ouncer of it.

On the other side of that, I could've brought back twice as much Supplication if the bottles were larger.
Scriffer
AG
I'm headed to Chicago for work in a couple hours, and I'll have a free night tomorrow, staying near E Congress and Michigan Avenue. Any recommendations on where to go and what to try?
Jock 07
AG
Fair to midland. Tasted much better at the end of my 4 brewery tour up in Denver a few months ago.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

I like the new 375's, but they've actually raised the price per oz. The 375's up here are $10.

Really? Gonna have to do a price check here but I thought I remembered em being comparable to the CS prices in the $8 range
BSD
AG
quote:
I'm headed to Chicago for work in a couple hours, and I'll have a free night tomorrow, staying near E Congress and Michigan Avenue. Any recommendations on where to go and what to try?

Get a car and drive to Munster to Three Floyd's. Of course, getting back in one piece would be an issue so scratch that. How about heading up to the Northside to Half Acre taproom? Across the street is Bad Apple and have great burgers and a good beer list (Big Ag 95 recommended that place and he was spot on!). Or you could do Sheffields and Kuma' (Kuma's Too actually)...also on the Northside.
BSD
AG
Also Revolution Brewing is a great brewpub over in Logan's Square.
jah003
S
quote:
Also Revolution Brewing is a great brewpub over in Logan's Square.

I second this... One of the few things I enjoyed about my Chicago trip. Great food and great beer. Chicago is a great town... The polar vortex apocalypse... Not so much.

[This message has been edited by jah003 (edited 6/3/2014 4:47p).]
Scriffer
AG
Thanks. Day 2 of training may be rough.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Chicago - Kuma's, so delicious. If you like death metal this place can't be beat.
BSD
AG
It's a special day at my house so I'm celebrating with my all time favorite. As I've said many times on this thread, life is good. Celebrate it often (or as often as you can).

Scriffer
AG
I'm going to Colorado Springs in August, and I'm getting my mitts on some of that if it kills me.
maca1028
Cheers B!
The Beer and I
La Fours
AG
Here's to you BSD. I raise my coors light as a toast. Crap beer at my resort at Disney. Sorry.
Bmac04
jah003
S
Too... Much... Beer. Can't... Keep... Up.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/blog
maca1028
quote:
Too... Much... Beer. Can't... Keep... Up

My thoughts exactly
MW03
AG
quote:

Binny's on W. Grand is pretty excellent (or it was) if you're interested in a store.

[This message has been edited by mw03 (edited 6/4/2014 1:01p).]
jh0400
AG
Anyone tried this one yet?

maca1028
The shell station at blackhawk in friendswood has devil dancer along with the Avery/Russian River colab
First Page Last Page
Page 461 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.