Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,778 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 53 min ago by Quincey P. Morris
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Oh and I cracked open the Brooklyn Black Ops I had been sitting on hoping it would get better with age. But it hasn't. Just not very good at all. All bourbon. Watery and no stout.

Bummer. I'm sitting on one of these as well.

Damn. I have one as well....might scare me off of Cuvee Noire
DallasAggie2012
AG
Nice work on that Mole Temptress glass Army01. I agree with you on the Bomb> > Bible Belt too. Broke open a Bible Belt in celebration of Kyler last night and enjoyed it, but I wasn't overwhelmed with it enough to run out and search for more bottles of it at the price.
bevokilla
AG
Its been a while since I cracked open a bomb but from what I remember I liked Bomb more than Bible belt too but they both have too much coffee for my liking. I've got two Bombs I'm going to sit on for a while to see if the coffee will fade and the other flavors will stick out a little more.
Echoes97
AG
Houston peeps, Hay Merchant said yesterday evening on FB that they now have Prairie Noir, Wine Noir, Bomb, Bible Belt, and Coffee Noir all on tap. Giddyup!

Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
La Fours
AG
quote:

I don't know. I haven't seen any bottles of it here in town. But if it's like Black Ops and $20+ a bottle, I would be hesitant.
La Fours
AG
Just looked it up on Brooklyn's site, are they releasing a new version or do you have a bottle already?
jah003
S
Speaking of Prairie... If anyone still has a Coffee Noir lying around, it's most likely toast. I forgot about one in the fridge and opened it last night... Just a complete disaster. I know coffee beers tend to fall off, but this one fell off big time. Closest I've ever been to a drain pour.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I prefer Bible Belt to Bomb. Never done a side by side though (might be a project for this weekend).
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
quote:

I don't know. I haven't seen any bottles of it here in town. But if it's like Black Ops and $20+ a bottle, I would be hesitant.

I've seen it at HEB and Whole Foods here in Austin within the last week and both were asking $23 I think. I passed.

[This message has been edited by Jason_Ag98 (edited 5/29/2014 12:35p).]
Jegan14
AG
NColoradoAG and other Colorado people: I am going to be in Denver on Saturday. Where are the best bottle shops? I plan on getting a huge haul and I'll have a few hours to go to multiple shops. We're picking up some friends from the airport so if the shop is near there then that's even better.
army01
AG
quote:
Just looked it up on Brooklyn's site, are they releasing a new version or do you have a bottle already?

No Cuvee Noire yet, but was looking at it. I do have a bottle of Wild Streak and 2013 Black OPS though.

Ended up skipping the Cuvee today in favor of a DE Numb Comfort, the latest Stone Collaboration (likely something Phischey would not endorse), and a 4 pack of BCBS Barleywine.
docaggie
AG
Yeah, I opened my first bottle of Bible Belt last night and all I got was coffee notes. I have to admit to being disappointed; I'd thought I'd get more complexity than that.
I'll try the Bomb probably tonight then keep another bottle of each for awhile to see if the coffee flavor settles out a bit.
But like above, I'm not running out to search for more.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Army, where did you find that 4 pack of BCBS Barleywine? I was only able to snag one bottle yesterday.

Also, that Numb Comfort is awesome as well.
NColoradoAG
quote:
NColoradoAG and other Colorado people: I am going to be in Denver on Saturday. Where are the best bottle shops? I plan on getting a huge haul and I'll have a few hours to go to multiple shops. We're picking up some friends from the airport so if the shop is near there then that's even better.

Tower Liquors is pretty good. I'd check dates though if you're buying anything hoppy.

Where are you headed after the airport?
danieljustin06
AG
I got two bible belts last Friday. I drank one of them and it had a strong coffee flavor, but was able to pick up the chocolate and vanilla flavors as well.
jah003
S
Yellow Rose on tap at JK this weekend... Somewhere Jason's head just exploded!
Jegan14
AG
quote:

Tower Liquors is pretty good. I'd check dates though if you're buying anything hoppy.

Where are you headed after the airport?

We're staying in Salida, CO. My aunt has a house here so we're just hanging out. I drove here so I'll be hauling a bunch of stuff back to Texas.
CollinAB
AG
I may have to go out to Jester King then, jah... Probably shouldn't though. I grabbed some Greenhouse that was still hanging out down the street from me today. Very tasty. Looking forward to this next month's batch.
NColoradoAG
quote:
We're staying in Salida, CO. My aunt has a house here so we're just hanging out. I drove here so I'll be hauling a bunch of stuff back to Texas.

Depending on the route, here's some other shops.

If you come up I-25 and take the toll road (or the I225 route) you could hit Davidsons and Lukas. Both are just west of I25 on C470. If you go up I225 instead of around on the toll road, you could hit Chambers Wine and Liquor. If you wanted a couple more stops of the I225 route you could exit west on Colfax and hit Payless and Mayfair.

If you go the Highway 285 route, hit Tipsy's just south on C470. Then you hit AppleJacks once you get up to I70. If you wanted another stop you can exit south of I70 onto Sheridan and hit Highland Wine and Liquor and Small Batch Liquors. You could also stop in and have some lunch at Hops and Pie if you had time. The I70 route would also allow you to jump off and go downtown where you could visit Mr. B's Wine and Spirits.
army01
AG
quote:
Army, where did you find that 4 pack of BCBS Barleywine? I was only able to snag one bottle yesterday.

Also, that Numb Comfort is awesome as well.

Specs on Hulen in Fort Worth
Jock 07
AG
Also, don't know if you'll pass through the springs but coaltrain is right off of I-25
txaggie05
AG
Finally got my hands on some FW Easy Jack. This stuff is delicious. Easily the best Session IPA out there IMO. So much flavor yet only 4.5%. A lot more depth than Go To et al.
La Fours
AG
Took down a bottle of the latest Bomb and two Icy Bay IPA's from Alaskan. Pretty good ipa. These are my first beers of vacation. Leaving for Disney first thing in the morning. Hopefully I'll be able to snag some CCG beers at a grocery store.
The Beer and I
LaFours, when I was in Florida, CCB's regular lineup was everywhere. The brewery is barely an hour from disney. I highly recommend finding some time to go get some stuff straight from the tap.
Hub05
AG
La fours, we just got another shipment of white oak jai alai in Gainesville so you might be able to pick up a fresh 4 pack in Orlando. I doubt publix will have any of it
BSD
AG
I'll be in Orlando in late June for a conference. I hope my hotel has some CCB because I wont have a car to go shopping around.
maca1028
What is a good trade offer for beatification? I thought about offering a jester king trio of Encendia, hibernal, and NC but I'm not sure if that is too much of a reach.
NColoradoAG
Beat batch 6 was something like $18 per bottle at 12000 bottles. It was a case limit. I think it lasted a weekend or two.

I would think that offer would net at least two bottles.
La Fours
AG
Sadly we won't have a car either. So I'm at the mercy of whatever is closest to the hotel. We plan to pick up some milk and other perishables for the hotel.
maca1028
quote:
Beat batch 6 was something like $18 per bottle at 12000 bottles. It was a case limit. I think it lasted a weekend or two.

I would think that offer would net at least two bottles.

I throw it out there and see if I have any luck, thanks
Echoes97
AG
Houston inner loopers, Montrose HEB (Dunlavy) had a few cases of Mirror Mirror out earlier today. Also had 2 bottles of Bomb but that's probably history by now. FYI...
Jegan14
AG
quote:

Depending on the route, here's some other shops.

If you come up I-25 and take the toll road (or the I225 route) you could hit Davidsons and Lukas. Both are just west of I25 on C470. If you go up I225 instead of around on the toll road, you could hit Chambers Wine and Liquor. If you wanted a couple more stops of the I225 route you could exit west on Colfax and hit Payless and Mayfair.

If you go the Highway 285 route, hit Tipsy's just south on C470. Then you hit AppleJacks once you get up to I70. If you wanted another stop you can exit south of I70 onto Sheridan and hit Highland Wine and Liquor and Small Batch Liquors. You could also stop in and have some lunch at Hops and Pie if you had time. The I70 route would also allow you to jump off and go downtown where you could visit Mr. B's Wine and Spirits.

Thanks, that's a great list! I'm going to have a lot of time to kill in Denver so I'll try to hit up as many of those as possible.
p-wonk01
AG
quote:
quote:
Any good beer places in Paris (France)? I'm in the middle of the tourist area and need to get out a little bit.

Theres a bottle shop that the name escapes me right now. But it has been mentioned in this thread before. Try searching for for Paris on this board.

La cave a bulles Ask for Simon the owner...great guy and great place to pick up some good brews
jah003
S
Proper Glassware...

(sorry about the photobucket image)

In regards to the beer... I'm a fan, it works. I'd say one of best Noir versions I've had thus far.
CollinAB
AG

Got some Bomb! and rewatching The Wire. Good night here.
cc10106
Oh FUNK METAL, how i love thee.
First Page Last Page
Page 459 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.