Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,646,003 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
Where's the best place to read up on the ways of trading? Never done it before. Also, how delicate is heady? Will it stand up to being shipped without refrigeration?

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 5/11/2014 5:11p).]

If you can find someone up there that will grab it day it's released, and ship then same day you should be good. The northern half of the US is still pretty cool so shipping shouldn't be much of an issue.

If you could find someone to do that, great, but it's not necessary. I certainly wouldn't expect someone to go that far. I don't think they release any at the brewery anymore. They had issues with traffic and crowds, iirc. I think it all goes into local distribution. It's so popular that almost anyone trading it will have a fresh stock. And it's not a huge pain to get. There's plenty of stuff available here that you can trade for heady and some other stuff.
BSD
AG
Speaking of DIPA...if any Tine folk are traveling around Memorial Day and will be near Pliny, I need a bottle or two for a very special occasion for early June. Thanks, playas.
cpscAG06
AG
2012 North Coast BBA Old Rasputin..

Delicious
NColoradoAG
Tonight's Game of Thrones barrel aged brew.

[This message has been edited by ncoloradoag (edited 5/11/2014 11:13p).]
Jock 07
AG
Sippin on an early afternoon dry dock blighs on tap. Reminds me a lot of Sucaba.
Jock 07
AG
And their barrel aged wee heavy is quality as well
jah003
S
Looks like Lone Pint just signed on with Flood distribution... Yellow Rose in Austin (not the strip club)? Yes, please!
aggiejz
AG
I'd heard whisperings that the LP/Flood thing was gonna happen for a bit now. Definitely great news.
wessimo
AG
Sue. (I give up on the pic).

Tasty double smoked porter I picked up in Chattanooga. Very balanced. And a steal (at least as far as bombers go) for $5.

[This message has been edited by wessimo (edited 5/12/2014 7:56p).]
gordo97
AG
Can anyone give me a an opinion on Avery Samael? I ran across it but at $8.99 for a 12oz I wasn't sure if it was worth it.
defroach
So some random info...

All of these TX breweries received their TABC approvals over the last month (or so):

Bearded Eel Craft Brewery (Ft. Worth)
Sun Brewing Company (El Paso)
Big Thicket Brewing (Lufkin)
Bluebonnet Beer Company (Round Rock)
Nine Band Brewing (Allen)
Strange Land Brewing (Austin)
Texas Ale Project (Dallas)
Texas Beer Refinery (Galveston area)
Collective Brewing Project (Ft Worth)
army01
AG
Stumbled across these today...

If you are around Weatherford, the Old Stock is still available (4 bottles) at Schrick's.
AggieOO
Went to haymaker in Austin for the first time tonight. ..will likely not go back. Prices were ridiculous. 13 bucks for two (regular) beers is outrageous.
CollinAB
AG
Samael is ridiculously sweet and boozy if you drink it fresh. Really not a fan. I've not had it with age on it, but if you want to pick it up, I'd definitely say age it for a while.
Jock 07
AG
I had it on tap and agree very boozy, I didn't find it extremly sweet. I'd agree with aging it. I have a bottle from either last year or 2012 sitting in my pantry.
maca1028
Anyone planning on being at JK 5/23 for Encendia release?
bthotugigem05
AG
Picked up 3 Wine Barrels last night at Total Wine in Dallas, looking forward to trying one tonight.
jah003
S
quote:
Anyone planning on being at JK 5/23 for Encendia release?

I'll be out there... Work is halfway to JK anyways. It's pretty easy for me to leave a little early on Fridays and head over there.

In other JK news... The newest batch of Atrial is ready. Just waiting to be bottled/released. Also... Nocturn Chrysalis is ready as well. They used different blackberries and Das as the base for this batch. Should be a pretty awesome summer of releases out at JK.
aggiejz
AG
I want to go out to JK for that, but I know I can't make it Friday and Saturday is a toss-up. I could get there on Sunday, but not sure they'll have any left by then. Rabble rabble.
bthotugigem05
AG
Anyone in Dallas, Prairie is doing an event at World of Beer by SMU tonight. Bomb, Bible Belt, Coffee Noir, and Vanilla Noir on tap. Starts at 6.
gordo97
AG
if anyone in h-town is still looking, whole foods in katy had a crap ton of wine barrel noir last night (several cases) at $7.99 a bottle
Ranger222
AG
Anyone ever been to Boston? Flying up there this weekend for a conference. Going to try to make it over to Harpoon (they are having a fest this weekend) and also want to try out Trillium. Any other good bars or bottle shops near the Commons?
MattJaxson
AG
Best beer bar is Lord Hobo in Cambridge. For a bottle shop I went to Craft Beer Cellar. It's a little bit outside of the city in Belmont, but worth the trip. Good folks who love to talk beer and point out good local brews. Brought home beer from Pretty Things, Enlightenment Ales, Jacks Abby, and Night Shift and enjoyed all of them.
aggiejz
AG
Nice timing bringing up Nocturn, jah. Looks like it's back this weekend. If it's still gonna be available Sunday, I'll make the drive over there.

Link - http://jesterkingbrewery.com/nocturn-chrysalis-blend-2-release

[This message has been edited by aggiejz (edited 5/13/2014 1:52p).]
maca1028
I'll be up there the 23rd and the news on nocturn couldn't have come at a better time, I really hope it makes it through this weekend
cc10106
JK dude on BA said they had around 600 cases, so no worries about it being available on May 23. I would guess Hibertnal Dichotomous will still be available as well. It's probably my favorite JK beer, that i've tried anyway.
La Fours
AG
Damn, I want to get my hands on some Nocturne and Encendia. But I know there is no way I can get out there either weekend. And then we fly out of Austin the weekend after Encendia to go to Disney World.
jah003
S
Nocturn will make it to the 23rd... With a 2 bottle limit, that's 3600 people that would have to pick up bottles in the first weekend. That's even out of Chow's range. I'll be out there on the 23rd with my pregnant mule (wife)... So, I may be able to help some folks out.

For the record, Nocturn has been my least favorite fruit sour thus far. Although, I'm sure the changes have improved this batch.
Hub05
AG
Does anyone from Portland post on here? I need a hair of the dog hookup.
AggieOO
La Fours- decent chance I'll be out there on Fri. I'll let you know if I go.
turfman80
AG
Man. I've got to stop pounding this fresh Union Jack if I'm ever going to make my fightin' Colorado hiking weight by this July....
BSD
AG
Here's how I view it Turfman, the heavier you are the more calories you'll burn when hiking so drink up now and it will all work itself out on your trip.
BSD
AG
Just arrived at my house:

[This message has been edited by Bsd (edited 5/13/2014 6:39p).]
NColoradoAG
BSD
AG
You no likey the '14?
First Page Last Page
Page 449 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.