Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,520 Views | 62472 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by jah003
cc10106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I meant to select thumbs up, aggiejz. Sleep deprivation is a beetch.

Listening to Arctic Monkeys' AM, another good drinking/Friday night joint.
aggiejz
AG
quote:
Jason Isbell's Southeastern, ftw. Damn good album.

Working on some Hop Delusion at the moment with some DR14 on deck.

Woooooooo! Got a winner. You local to Houston/BCS? I'll give you a Pliny for your efforts if so. Love me some Isbell.
cc10106
Yessir! I'm in Cy, but i visit B/CS pretty often. Gotta get outta the concrete jungle every now and then.

I need to see Isbell play live and soon.
cpscAG06
AG
Avery Uncle jacobs mmmmmmmm
La Fours
AG
Prairie Wine Noir hit shelves today. About to crack one open.
La Fours
AG
This **** is amazing.

CollinAB
AG

turfman80, you are a god. This is fantastic. An excellent capper to a day that included Consecration (Amazing, thanks, Jason), and Bourbon County Brand Barleywine (also excellent, thanks Bmac).
turfman80
AG
Congratulations on the big day!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Blackhawk Shell has 2014 La Folie, Prairie Noir Wine Barrel, and still has a few bombers of DR14 for those looking. Also have some Boxers Revenge on the shelf and a few Stone brews that I haven't seen before.
maca1028
quote:
Blackhawk Shell has 2014 La Folie, Prairie Noir Wine Barrel, and still has a few bombers of DR14 for those looking. Also have some Boxers Revenge on the shelf and a few Stone brews that I haven't seen before.

Thought about driving out there today, did you see any mirror mirror
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Didn't see it. Heard him say they had it.
The Beer and I
Got to try this today, pretty good DIPA.

Probably the best name for a beer I've had since 3 Floyd's War Mullet.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
This Wine Barrel Noir.
Jock 07
AG
Odell just came out with a new bomber, footprints. Don't know much about it other than the fact that they use an ingredent in it from every state, including Texas, that it's distributed to.
turfman80
AG
fire ants?
dave99ag
AG
I would thoroughly enjoy watching ants fry during the boil, but I believe it's grapefruit. Cactus blooms would be cool too.
Echoes97
AG
Anyone in inner Houston that wants Prairie Wine Barrel Noir, the Montrose HEB had 4-5 cases just sitting out a while ago. Right in the middle of the aisle on one of the end displays. FYI, grab some!
The Beer and I
Wf in Katy has a bunch too. I grabbed some, can't wait to try it.
The Beer and I

Not sure what I think. Definitely a different take on barrel aged stouts. I like it, but not sure if I'm happy I have 3 more bottles.
MW03
AG
quote:
This Wine Barrel Noir.

My favorite of the noirs, I think.
FtBendTxAg
AG
quote:
Karbach Hop Delusion may be the best Houston brewed beer out there.

Finally got around to trying it. Delicious. But endeavor is the best brew made in h-town IMO
The Beer and I
Honestly didn't like the wine noir very much. But I did open up a Clown Shoes Very Angry Beast. I've always though CS put out good stuff, but I didn't think anything was great. The last 3 I had (Very Angry Beast, Luchador en Fuego, and Space Cake) were all pretty awesome.
62strat
AG
quote:
Odell just came out with a new bomber, footprints. Don't know much about it other than the fact that they use an ingredent in it from every state, including Texas, that it's distributed to.
i picked one up about a month ago. Haven't had it yet.
La Fours
AG
Grabbed this the other day. Haven't had one in quite a while. But I really like this beer. Like way more than I should.

cc10106
Dig the Wine Barrel Noir, but i think i'll let my other bottle age a bit. It could use some mellowing out.
CollinAB
AG
Having some more Hop Delusion tonight. Not as good as last year, but still pretty tasty. Spec's here in CS apparently got a lot of Wine Barrel Noir, so I'll go grab some on Monday.
The Beer and I
Finishing the night with a Boxers Revenge. So good.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Grabbed this the other day. Haven't had one in quite a while. But I really like this beer. Like way more than I should.

Best part is the price
MW03
AG
Houston people, what's the word on Buffalo Bayou? My store had started stocking it. Anything worth noting?
Jock 07
AG
Colorado folk, anyone have any leads on Heady Topper? Really want to get my hands on some.
NColoradoAG
You'll have to trade for it. You should be able to land some with Russian River stuff.
Jock 07
AG
Where's the best place to read up on the ways of trading? Never done it before. Also, how delicate is heady? Will it stand up to being shipped without refrigeration?

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 5/11/2014 5:11p).]
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

Best part is the price

Yeah. At $9 a bottle it's a good value IMO.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Where's the best place to read up on the ways of trading? Never done it before. Also, how delicate is heady? Will it stand up to being shipped without refrigeration?

If you can find someone up there that will grab it day it's released, and ship then same day you should be good. The northern half of the US is still pretty cool so shipping shouldn't be much of an issue.
NColoradoAG
quote:

Jump on talkbeer and send me a message @fishpondmanager and I'll get you started. There's packing tips posted on page 178ish of this thread, along with resources in the trading section at talk beer.

I don't worry about the weather here. You're fine to trade year round. I think stuff like that is fairly overblown. As long as the package doesn't sit over the weekend you're good.
First Page Last Page
Page 448 of 1785

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.