Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,698 Views | 62482 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by Crawdaddy
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Very green to trading here, but I'm looking to get some regular Goose Island BCBS. How much do you guys think I can get with a bottle of JK's Cerveza de Tempranillo & Montmorency vs Balaton?

Again, I have no idea what the going rates are for beer trades.

If you're in Houston, I've got two 12 oz bottles that I'd let go of, no JK required.
army01
AG
um....Parabola hasn't dropped anywhere in TX yet, has it?
jh0400
AG
quote:

I'm pretty sure it was in Houston around the first week in April.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
If you're in Houston, I've got two 12 oz bottles that I'd let go of, no JK required.

Holla back. Very interested. kinglsxsw@yahoo.com
jah003
S
quote:

Nope, it hasn't. May 12th should be the release date. I ended up trading for the '14's I currently have.
aggiejz
AG
For anyone in Houston who's interested, Karbach is hosting a bottle share at the brewery next Wednesday. They ask that you bring at least 22oz of beer that isn't available in Texas.

OBannonsPub
AG
Not sure if anyone is BCS next week but Blackwater Draw Brewing is having beer dinners each day, M-Th. The course are top notch and dinner includes some feature beer from the respective brewery.

CHEERS!

army01
AG
quote:
I'm pretty sure it was in Houston around the first week in April.

That was likely Sucaba.
HulkGrogan
Yeah that was the Sucaba release
aggiejz
AG
Sonofabiscuit I want to be at the Tuesday and Thursday beer dinners but I don't think there's any feasible way to get from Houston to CS by 6 for me next week. RAEG.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Very green to trading here, but I'm looking to get some regular Goose Island BCBS. How much do you guys think I can get with a bottle of JK's Cerveza de Tempranillo & Montmorency vs Balaton?

Again, I have no idea what the going rates are for beer trades.

Weren't each of the JK bottles $15? If so, you should get at least $30 of bcbs which is 5-6 bottles. Considering bottle counts and availability, it should be 6 minimum. You'd probably have no trouble trading them for a 4 pack each, but that might require two trades

That being said, the number one goal of trading should be to get beer you want to try. However, trading a limited brewery only beer like tempranillo and MvB for a 100,000+ bottle national release, while generous, could be selling yourself short. You could probably trade more available JK stuff like RU55 and FunkMetal for BCBS.

If you want to trade your two JKs for some bourbon county items, I'd look for something along the lines of:

-8 bottles bcbs
-4x bcbs plus mixed 4 pack of bourbon county coffee and barley wine
-Mixed four pack of bcbs, coffee, and barley wine plus a Backyard Rye
-A bottle of proprietors plus a bottle of coffee or barleywine. Just the proprietors is pretty fair, but the extra 12oz bottle would probably even up dollar for dollar.

Just my .02. I will personally do the middle two trades if you want to ship.

[This message has been edited by ncoloradoag (edited 5/7/2014 11:32a).]
Echoes97
AG
Aggiejz, I'll be there w/ my brewing partner for the announcement of the home brew competition winner (we're not gonna win I don't think), but in for the bottle swap also. Should be a great time!

Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
La Fours
AG
I got that bottle of Parabola via trade. And I have a box of Chicago/Midwest goodies on a Fedex truck out for delivery. I think there will be Half Acre and possibly some 3Floyds goodies. Not sure what the guy is sending me. He saw my post about another trade where I listed BB6 as a beer up for trade. He messaged me about it saying his friend loves pumpkin stouts and was hoping to score that for them to have a DLD. Monday of DLD, I shipped him the bb6 and a Pumpkinator 12. I am thinking he's going to crush my porch. Box weighs 17lbs.
Human
AG
New Braunfels Brewing Company

maca1028
quote:
New Braunfels Brewing Company

Huh, I might have to try that out when I go to NB Memorial Day weekend
La Fours
AG

HulkGrogan
You're a hooker.
Bmac04
AG
Love me some ZD
La Fours
AG
quote:
You're a hooker.

La Fours
AG
This lives up to the hype!!

Jock 07
AG
I want some ZD
cc10106
Quote:

ISO ISO. EYE SO

maca, if you're still ISO GH, shoot me an email since i can't PM here.
Jegan14
AG
I picked up two bottles of La Folie at Sunrise Mini Mart in Austin. He said he was buying up a bunch of cases so it should be available there for a long time.
bthotugigem05
AG
Picked up half a growler of Mole Temptress at the Lakewood Whole Foods last night, fantastic beer for this time of year, makes the Temptress seem a little lighter.
Scriffer
AG
Gonna try and get my hands on a growler today.
Kyle98
AG
Got a bottle of La Folie yesterday as well, Whip In in Flower Mound had plenty, for any DFWers looking for it.

I might have to see if I can get some of that Mole Temptress, sounds awesome.
aggiechris06
AG
I failed with my restraint today...Myrcenary, Boiler Room, and then grabbed some Curmudgeon...Still only about $30, but still, that's a lot for me.
Jason_Ag98
AG
What's everyone drinking for the draft? I'm starting off with a Ballast Point Dorado.
Scriffer
AG
Sipping on that Mole Temptress right now. The spice takes some of the booziness off the front end. It's great as a special release.
CollinAB
AG
Hop Delusion, Myrcenary, St. Lupulin for me tonight. Saving the big guns for tomorrow afternoon/evening.
aggiechris06
AG
Boiler Room, then Myrcenary...trying to decide between BCBS, BOMB!, or Curmudgeon...thoughts??
turfman80
AG
Union Jack, then Blind Pig, which I predict will be the new mascot for the Texans.
turfman80
AG
I was impressed with Curmudgeon...not really my style but well made and hit the spot. But, of course, it's a Founders....
dave99ag
AG
The misses and I cracked open a Hellfighter 05 for the draft this evening.
CollinAB
AG
Hey, Johnny got past Jacksonville and Cleveland (for now).
First Page Last Page
Page 446 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.