Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,895 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by SoTxAg
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There are some cool shadow boxes out there that you can fill with bottle caps.
WorkBoots09
AG
Good idea NColoradoAG!
Two Down
AG
Nothing at the moment. I am just lazy enough to where there's not a trash can nearby so I started tossing them in there and the habit stuck.
62strat
AG
quote:
Oh yeah

I'll raise you

Stopped in the smaller beer store by my house on the small chance they'd have it.. Score. They had a good 6-12 each of the sour, uncle jacobs, samael, and the beast.. none with a purchase limit.

Good to know the small guy gets them too, and they apparently sit on the shelf longer than the big guy.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 5/1/2014 7:19p).]
AggieOO
Just got a massive shipment of New Glarus!
maca1028
Enjoying a Tovarish and watching something my grandfather picked up for me.

Hub05
AG
This beer thing is getting ridiculous. I had to aggressively hunt down a regular seasonal that is mass produced every 3 months. But its worth it

aggiejz
AG
It looks like my FedEx boxes are scheduled to arrive tomorrow so - barring an unforeseen issue there, I've updated the Saturday share spreadsheet.

One last time, for reference - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av5YpINnXeOJdFo5Qnk2QWNrVklPRGxKVXpsQWNYaEE&usp=sharing
Scriffer
AG
Community Inspiration. Can't really taste the booziness, but still too sweet. Looks cool in the new glasses though:

AggieOO
Drank new Glarus tonight. Dubbel, fat squirrel, and a back 40.
Mustang1
AG
Anyone in Houston see the real ale 4 squared lately? One of my favorites last year.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Haven't seen it bottled but I had some at a place out in Magnolia called the Texas Beer Garden. That's a trek though if you're not already out that direction.
The Beer and I
quote:
Anyone in Houston see the real ale 4 squared lately? One of my favorites last year.

I saw a ton down at the Specs in midtown last time I was there, but that was a few weeks ago.
Ranger222
AG
Hub where did you pick up the white oak?
Green Fairy
AG
Two Down, no go on the beer. Didn't get a chance to stop on the way out since we were caravaning. Sorry for the tease. I didn't get anymore myself so I'm kinda bummed.
HulkGrogan
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
Oh yeah

I'll raise you

Stopped in the smaller beer store by my house on the small chance they'd have it.. Score. They had a good 6-12 each of the sour, uncle jacobs, samael, and the beast.. none with a purchase limit.

Good to know the small guy gets them too, and they apparently sit on the shelf longer than the big guy.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 5/1/2014 7:19p).]

You win. How much did you pay for the Rufus? It was 15 bucks here
jh0400
AG
quote:

I saw some around a few weeks back. I didn't buy it, because it seemed to hang around for a while last year.
defroach
Add Smuttynose to the list or breweries who look like they are coming into TX:

big-ag
AG
How do you get that list?
defroach
From the TABC inquiry website. You just need to know how to work and what licenses matter to be able to tell what breweries get approvals. Same thing with label approvals. If you want me details, I can tell you, but I am walking out the door right now.
corndog04
AG
Buddy coming up from Texas tonight is bringing a couple of Bible Belts, Prarie Somewhere, and RU-55.

He's getting a Breakside Beaujolais avec Brett, a Deschutes Green Monster, a Commons Flemish Kiss, and Logsdon seizoen bretta. We'll also wreak havoc on a couple of bottle shops to get some stuff to share this weekend.
Jock 07
AG
Well my folks are coming up for Memorial Day weekend and I was looking at trying to run up to New Belgium for a tour but pretty much the entire next two months is already booked up.
Out in Left Field
AG
Just saw DR 14 in a Kroger for $18 a six-pack. LOL
NColoradoAG
quote:
Well my folks are coming up for Memorial Day weekend and I was looking at trying to run up to New Belgium for a tour but pretty much the entire next two months is already booked up.

Unless there's more than 4 of you, just show up right when they open and you'll get on. People book those tours and never show up, or they'll often go out with more than they have reserved. I've been on the tour 3 or 4 times in the past couple years and never had a reservation.

Odell just completed a massive expansion and is worth a tour as well. It's not as good of a tour as NB, but the beer is better.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Any out if staters want Saint Arnold DR14? I can get a few 6 packs if someone wants to do a bottle trade.
jh0400
AG
quote:

Picked some up at West Alabama HEB after work.
txag2008
AG
Saw some DR14 in Dallas today for $16.99 a sixer. I'm guessing they're charging crazy high right?

Did pick up some Deep Ellum Dream Crusher. It's a DIPA and it's definitely pretty tasty.

[This message has been edited by Txag2008 (edited 5/2/2014 10:12p).]
NColoradoAG
Started with a New Belgium Snapshot. Really digging that beer. Then I had a Stone Saison (not good) while opening a Bruery shipment. Somewhere Phischy's head just exploded.

[This message has been edited by ncoloradoag (edited 5/2/2014 10:17p).]
MW03
AG
Imperial beererita to celebrate the Mavs win (after a ballast to point). Ftbendtxag, how's the dream catcher? Been eyeballing it.
CollinAB
AG
*******, NColorado. *******.

Girlfriend got me a Goose Island Juliet and some Prairie teku glasses as a graduation gift. That was a tasty beer. Also pumped for the bottleshare tomorrow. JZ, you'll get your Dichotomous tomorrow, too.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Girlfriend got me a Goose Island Juliet and some Prairie teku glasses as a graduation gift. That was a tasty beer. Also pumped for the bottleshare tomorrow. JZ, you'll get your Dichotomous tomorrow, too.

Saw those on your checkin. Pretty sweet glasses. You've got yourself a keeper.
The Beer and I
quote:
*******, NColorado. *******.

Congrats on the graduation. Juliet is a tasty beverage. I'm hoping to get me some Dichotomous soon.
Hub05
AG
Ranger, the ABC on archer and 34th got two cases on Thursday. If they are sold out, let me know and I can give you a couple
La Fours
AG
Tower Point HEB has DR14 six packs on the shelf next to the other SA six packs. Also there are two more cases under the wine case at the end of the aisle.
First Page Last Page
Page 443 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.