Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,653,793 Views | 62634 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by Objective Aggie
defroach
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Apparently it is not being released until June. I will probably end up just sitting on it since I think it was bottled this week.
62strat
AG
quote:

The stretch between Santa Rosa and San Francisco is the most aggravating that I can recall. It's horrible unless you enjoy driving with people who insist on driving under the speed limit while also being completely oblivious to everything around them.

I was driving on a Monday afternoon/evening, so cars were few and far between. I never had anyone in front of me except for in the towns like Monterrey and half moon bay.

La Fours
AG
quote:
Apparently it is not being released until June. I will probably end up just sitting on it since I think it was bottled this week.

How did you come by that bottle?
BSD
AG
quote:
My box from NJ arrived today.

HF growlers are Double Citra and Ephraim. The Almanac sours are sourdough and brandy barrel peche. And dat glass!!

Dayumn!!!!
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Anyone want to do a trade for some Hibernal? Be happy to grab a bottle in exchange for some Pliny.

Pliny hit the shelves here today. I could grab one or two tomorrow if there's still any left while I'm out running around. You'll have to coach me on shipping procedures as I've never done beer trades before. Or I could hold on to em in my fridge til I'm back in Texas in Jun but don't know if you'd want to sit on em that long. There should be another drop in about a month as well

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 4/24/2014 8:36p).]
defroach
quote:
How did you come by that bottle?

Perks of knowing people at the brewery.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
My box from NJ arrived today.

HF growlers are Double Citra and Ephraim. The Almanac sours are sourdough and brandy barrel peche. And dat glass!!

Dayumn!!!!

It is going to take a lot of will power to not drink any tonight. I promised my friend I would share with him on Saturday. I may get into one of the other bottles though.
NColoradoAG
Nice LaFours. I'm glad you made that trade. Double Citra and Ephraim will not disappoint.
La Fours
AG
Thanks for your input NoCol. I appreciate the guidance.
NColoradoAG
Let's go Avs!

Jock 07
AG
You wouldn't happen to have anymore of those barleywines laying around by chance?
maca1028
Nice work la fours
big-ag
AG
Jock - Shoot me an email. apw0397 at gmail
Jock 07
AG
Big-Ag email sent.
NColoradoAG
quote:
You wouldn't happen to have anymore of those barleywines laying around by chance?

Down to only a couple four packs left.
La Fours
AG
Phischy is on Talk Beer.
Jock 07
AG
quote:

Well I can't really offer you anything you don't have or can't get yourself, but I'd be willing to pay handsomely for a bottle.
BSD
AG
quote:
Phischy is on Talk Beer.

The Beer and I
quote:
quote:

Yeah, if you're willing to send one this way, I could definitely send some money your way. Send me an email if you can.
Jeremygaskins at hotmail dot com
Jock 07
AG
Yea I can't even remember what we were arguing with that dip**** about.
The Beer and I
quote:
Phischy is on Talk Beer.

Is now the time to go to Talk Beer to write about how much we love Stone and hoarders on the west coast that ship to Texas?
Jock 07
AG
So was anyone able to secure tickets for the Avery Sour fest?
BSD
AG
I decided to take it easy on my Crooked Stave trustee and only ordered 4 extra bottles this round.
NColoradoAG
quote:
So was anyone able to secure tickets for the Avery Sour fest?

NColoradoAG
quote:
I decided to take it easy on my Crooked Stave trustee and only ordered 4 extra bottles this round.

I can handle it. My other trustors maxed everything last year. As long as I have bottle shippers it goes pretty quickly.

There will probably be a lot of the origins beers available next month.I hope some more cherry comes up for sale.

I still have a brand new 24 bottle Naylor shipper of yours in the cellar.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Phischy is on Talk Beer.

I've had a conversation going with him over there for almost a year. He doesn't post a whole lot. He's the same guy over there. Abrasive and judgmental. Definitely a person who has trouble with anyone who is less-knowledgeable than him, or has different tastes. He knows a lot about brewing and the SD beer scene, but can't seem to play nice with others.

He definitely crossed the line here. He was pretty pissed about getting the banhammer.
CollinAB
AG
If anybody's ever earned a banning on here, he definitely did. Too bad he couldn't tone it down, because he seemed like a knowledgeable guy.

BSD
AG
quote:
quote:

I can handle it. My other trustors maxed everything last year. As long as I have bottle shippers it goes pretty quickly.

There will probably be a lot of the origins beers available next month.I hope some more cherry comes up for sale.

I still have a brand new 24 bottle Naylor shipper of yours in the cellar.

You da man!!! (the good kind of man, not "tha man", who keeps people down)
Green Fairy
AG
A dozen or more Bible Belt on the shelves at the Weslayan specs if anyone is interested.
maca1028
Any of you Houston fellas heading to jk this weekend?
maca1028
Looks like one of my favorite Karbachs are about to hit the shelves
aggiejz
AG
Probably the best beer Karbach has made to date, in my opinion.

[This message has been edited by Aggiejz (edited 4/25/2014 2:17p).]
La Fours
AG
The beer manager at the Holleman HEB is get getting a keg of Hop Delusion for craft beer week that will be dry hopped with Citra and I think Mosaic. They will be pouring it for free in the store.
La Fours
AG
Oh and change of plans, getting into at least 1, if not both growlers of HF tonight.
jah003
S
quote:
Jah, the wife and will be down to JK May 10th weekend.

Looks like I'll be stuck at Graduation that Saturday. My BIL is finally graduating after 6 years at A&M. I'm trying to squeeze in one more trip before it gets "balls hot" out there, though...

In other news... Bottle share on May 3rd! Right now it looks like just me, CollinAB, and aggiejz. Now, we can certainly take down some beers, but the more the merrier. I'm sure aggiejz could post the bottle share link at some point, so I don't have to dig through the thread...
First Page Last Page
Page 437 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.