Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,211 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh missed the Bakersfield part, guess you won't be going by buellton
BSD
AG
quote:
Full thing or gtfo.
maca1028
****ing James Harden's lack of play is gonna get me drunk tonight. Started with dos xx, then damnation, now KBS. All I have left is crown royal.
txaggie05
AG
quote:
Full thing or gtfo.

this.

62strat
AG
Luckily I didn't have the full thing or else I just might be in a California jail right now.

20oz was just enough for me to keep my cool with the officer. Really lucky I had my jacket in the front seat. I very quickly and discretely covered up the 6 pack of beers on the floor board before he walked up! That would have def. piqued the officer's suspicion. He already threw me off guard when he asked what I was doing up in Santa Rosa.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 4/24/2014 1:14a).]
CollinAB
AG
****, man. Sounds like you did pretty well then. Congrats.
aggiejz
AG
I'll be posting my own RR flight pic here in about 72 hours. Stoked to get back out there.

Sorry to hear about the speeding ticket though, 62strat. I'll be sure to be cautious when I'm out there. You hit any other breweries up in that area?
aggiejz
AG
Next up from Jester King..

quote:
Returning to the practice of bière de coupage or beer that is “cut”, Hibernal Dichotomous is a blend of young farmhouse ale (63%) brewed this past November, mature barrel aged beer brewed with lavender, rosemary and spearmint in November of 2012 (25%), and fresh pressed watermelon juice (12%). The watermelons we juiced for Hibernal Dichotomous came from this winter’s harvest.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/introducing-jester-king-hibernal-dichotomous
62strat
AG
No I didn't. My main focus was to enjoy the highway 1 drive, and I left santa rosa at 3pm, so didn't want to waste any more daylight.

I did pass by a brewery on highway 1, highway 1 brewing. Was real tempted to stop..
jh0400
AG
quote:
. My main focus was to enjoy the highway 1 drive,

The stretch between Santa Rosa and San Francisco is the most aggravating that I can recall. It's horrible unless you enjoy driving with people who insist on driving under the speed limit while also being completely oblivious to everything around them.
aggiejz
AG
That's a pretty awesome drive. I've only been on Highway 1 in very small bits and pieces.

Highway 1 Brewing came up as I was researching breweries out there, but I probably won't be venturing that far south. I'll be hitting the likes of Lagunitas and Bear Republic and some others up north, and then various ones across SF/Oakland.
jh0400
AG
quote:
That's a pretty awesome drive. I've only been on Highway 1 in very small bits and pieces.

Highway 1 Brewing came up as I was researching breweries out there, but I probably won't be venturing that far south. I'll be hitting the likes of Lagunitas and Bear Republic and some others up north, and then various ones across SF/Oakland.

If you have time, I'd probably drop into Moylan's in Novato.
Bmac04
AG
Anyone from CS or Dallas going to JK this weekend and want to pick me up some Hibernal Dichotomous?
Hub05
AG
That watermelon sounds awesome. Someone want to hook a Floridian up?
CollinAB
AG
I'm planning on going tomorrow, actually. First time I've been out to Jester King.
aggiejz
AG
Hub, I owe you a box anyways. I'll send you that and some other things from over here. Let me see if I can find your email address...
aggiejz
AG
Collin - can you shoot me an email? jasonz89 at gmail.
Bmac04
AG
Collin - can you send me an email as well. Gunch52 @ gmail
AggieOO
Prob headed to JK on Sunday.
aggiejz
AG
jh - Moylan's is on my list. I know for sure I'm going to hit RR, Lagunitas, and Bear Republic. In addition to Moylan's as others that I want to try and get to, I've got Baeltane, Dempsey's, Third Street Aleworks, Iron Springs, Marin, and Mill Valley Beerworks.

We'll see how many of those I can actually make it to between Saturday and Monday... And then I'll be wandering around SF/Oakland/Berkeley from Tues-Thurs.

[This message has been edited by aggiejz (edited 4/24/2014 1:10p).]
jh0400
AG
I'd go by Anchor as well in SF just because.
aggiejz
AG
I'd go to Anchor if I could but they only do reservations and they book well in advance. May call tmrw and see if they've had any cancellations but I'm not expecting it.
Jock 07
AG
Is anchors tour still hard to get in on? I called a couple weeks before I was in San Fran last year but they were all booked up already.
aggiejz
AG
Yeah, I called like 3 weeks ahead but they were already filled up for the 4 days I'll be there. Womp.
Bmac04
AG
I had the same problem with anchor. I called them and gave them some sad story about how they are my favorite brewery and I'm coming from Texas and want to go there. I was finally able to get a hold of someone who said that he could squeeze me into a tour and added my wife as well.
big-ag
AG
I'm headed to JK tomorrow. First time.

How's the pizza joint next door?
jah003
S
quote:
I'm headed to JK tomorrow. First time.

How's the pizza joint next door?

It's freakin' awesome! Stanley's and JK are basically one being compound. Stanley's also has about 25 draft beers and bottles to go.

You'll enjoy Friday... The hipster & neck beard crowd is much smaller.
cpscAG06
AG
Jah, the wife and will be down to JK May 10th weekend.
Jock 07
AG
Beautiful day here in Sunny Southern Colorado

Jock 07
AG
And while I'm thinking bout it what are the best beer styles to pair with cigars? Don't smoke em too often but I usually smoke em with barleywine or old ales
La Fours
AG
quote:
Prob headed to JK on Sunday.

Would you grab me a bottle of the hibernal?
La Fours
AG
My box from NJ arrived today.

HF growlers are Double Citra and Ephraim. The Almanac sours are sourdough and brandy barrel peche. And dat glass!!
big-ag
AG
Anyone want to do a trade for some Hibernal? Be happy to grab a bottle in exchange for some Pliny.
defroach
I now possess this:

La Fours
AG
Nice defroach
First Page Last Page
Page 436 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.