Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,672,911 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Quincey P. Morris
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
NOCOag.. we gotta meet up one of these days..

you open tomorrow evening? I'll be staying in Greeley or Loveland, whichever.

I could do something right after work. Patricks at 5:15?
sure. See ya then. Wearing jeans and long sleeve.
Ranger222
AG
I've always wondered what I would do if I were a shop owner and got in a special shipment that was sure to sell out fast. Announce a release time or just put it out at some random date/time and have the random people coming in get lucky and snag a bottle and then tell their friends about it.

I think I would do the later. Anyway you try to do it people will be pissed off about it.
La Fours
AG
Ranger, I think I would do the later as well. And I am glad that is how the HEB by my house does it. Whatever they get in, it goes on the shelf. The only problem is that there are no limits. So someone could easily buy them all.
jh0400
AG
quote:
JH,

Lagunitas is on the way up and Moonlight Brewing is worth seeking out. You can find a lot of Moonlight brews at Flavor Bistro, which is just 2-3 blocks down from RRBC. If you spend any time in the city, there are some good bars where you can sample some smaller breweries from all over the area.

I'll probably pass on Lagunitas as I plan on heading to RRBC as soon as we check in to the hotel. I'm planning on having lunch at Bear Republic on Thursday. Do you know of any good brewpubs between Calistoga and Yountville? Last time we were out we stopped at Silverado Brewing in St Helena, but they've since closed. We're going to drive over that way on Wednesday so I can hit Bistro Jeanty for dinner.
62strat
AG
jh.. when you going to santa rosa?

I'll be there on 4/21.
BSD
AG
There aren't any brewpubs between Calistoga and Yountville. When I was out in February, I was talking to my buddy who lives in Yountville and he was complaining about the lack of bars with good beer selections in the area. You could always stop at a nice restaurant and sit at the bar...they typically have decent beer lists.
jh0400
AG
quote:
jh.. when you going to santa rosa?

I'll be there on 4/21.

I'm heading out tomorrow.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Central Market also burned through KBS today. They took the opposite approach and didn't announce anywhere. Confused how they went through their case faster than Bunker Hill with no announcement at all.

Le sigh.
MW03
AG
Same with Lonestar in Dallas. Sucks.
La Fours
AG
So I just registered over at TalkBeer. Same username. Any of you hoolihoo's post over there?
aggiejz
AG
Apparently quite a few of us will be in Santa Rosa over the next few weeks. I'll be there 4/27 I think.
jah003
S
quote:
So I just registered over at TalkBeer. Same username. Any of you hoolihoo's post over there?

Yep, username is jacobbocce72 (same as BA too).
62strat
AG
Having a trinity pappy legba. A saison coming in at 13%. Dang I would never guess it, very little alcohol on the tongue.
NColoradoAG
I'm FishPondManager over on TalkBeer. **** BA
Hub05
AG
#Favorite

DaveHimself
AG
What a way to celebrate the end of prohibition
62strat
AG
Scored at mayor of old town.

Got 3oz pours of russian river consecration, boulevard foeder projekt, Firestone walker agrestic, avery/RR collaboration not litigation, and new belgium la folie.
All sours, they just tapped 4 of those. My tongue will be numb here in a bit.

Got to love a place with 9 sours on tap.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 4/7/2014 9:03p).]
txaggie05
AG
Heavy Machinery Double IPA is so good
La Fours
AG
Picked this up today

The Beer and I
quote:
Picked this up today

Looks good. I like tits and boas too.
La Fours
jetch17
AG
Hey metroplex slapdicks, yo necesito some rubberneck red

Hook a brother up
La Fours
AG
Would it be bad form looking to do my first trade on TalkBeer by offering FT: MvB and Cerveza Temp, dr13 bomber, bb6? What's a reasonable return on something like that?
maca1028
Should be a damn good return, MvB and CdT have been highly sought after.
La Fours
AG
Cool. I just don't want to seem like I'm aiming too high with my first trade on TB. I figure some good throw ins are Blakkr and cedar creeks Belgian dubbel. If I can get more of the cedar creek.
La Fours
AG
The other thing for me is I don't know what I'm looking to get in return. Fresh heady and Pliny would be great, but there are so many great beers I am ignorant to. I also don't want to seem greedy.
Hub05
AG
You can get Heady of Pliney without having to trade away the JK brewery only releases.
La Fours
AG
That's good to know.
The Beer and I
quote:
The other thing for me is I don't know what I'm looking to get in return. Fresh heady and Pliny would be great, but there are so many great beers I am ignorant to. I also don't want to seem greedy.

I'm a novice as far as trading goes, but a buddy of mine got a Westy 12, 2 Consecrations, and a Melange 3 for the 2 JK sours. Don't be afraid to shoot for the moon, all they can do is say no.
BSD
AG
I was thinking of trading mine as well. I got to have some on tap at the brewery and while I really liked it, I might be interested in trying something new.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
a buddy of mine got a Westy 12, 2 Consecrations, and a Melange 3 for the 2 JK sours

Nice.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
62strat
posted 6:26p, 04/07/14

Having a trinity pappy legba. A saison coming in at 13%. Dang I would never guess it, very little alcohol on the tongue.

Had one at the brewery last night as well. What did you think of it? I wasn't overly impressed. In fact the only beer of theirs that I've had and truly like is the Red Swingline.
NColoradoAG
La Fours, the best way to start is to identify some styles you like. Do you want to trade for other sours, barrel aged stouts/barleywines, lambic, or something else. IMO, trading for hoppy beers is for the birds. And as others have said, don't trade your brewery only JK stuff for Pliny. I do one trade a year for some Zombie Dust and thats it. If you are dead set on trying some new pales ales, and JK stuff is your only ammo, trade for Hill Farmstead growlers.

Just make sure your ISO:FT has some sort of direction. And don't take anything on TalkBeer personally.
AggieOO
i've been getting some decent return on my JK stuff. I'm not too picky, just like to try new stuff, especially since I don't really like the sours anyway. I go out and pick up the JK releases, drink beer at Stanleys, and then trade the releases for beers I can't get.
La Fours
AG
Wanted pass along a heads up for the Southern Star Pub Crawl that is happening Saturday at NorthGate. Starts at 1pm and goes until 5. There is a special glass that is the prize for completing the crawl. Hit the link

https://www.facebook.com/events/665993810103552/

[This message has been edited by La Fours (edited 4/8/2014 11:08a).]
First Page Last Page
Page 425 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.