Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,431 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by SoTxAg
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've never had KBS, so I couldn't care less about it at this point. I don't feel the need to purchase beer immediately after it becomes available.

Drink something else; eventually KBS will either ship higher quantities, or the focus will change to the next 'it' beer. The KBS you drink a year from now will be the same one you find today.
CollinAB
AG
Enjoy By and Myrcenary last night. Enjoy By and Myrcenary tonight. Good weekend going.
NColoradoAG
How about some hauls to start page 423?

Hadn't traded in a while. Just had to get myself a bottle of Hill Farmstead Norma. Been wanting to try it for years. Had some of the Jacks Abbey lagers at GABF and they were all great. Stoked to try the framinghammer variants.

And my El Catador Trustee came through with some Hunahs.

maca1028
Nice NoCo!
Got a friend of mine a couple of KBS and he brought by some good ones in exchange.
NColoradoAG
White Oak Jai Alai makes my dingle tingle.
CollinAB
AG
Regular Jai Alai has that effect on me. No clue what the White Oak version would do.
maca1028
quote:
Regular Jai Alai has that effect on me. No clue what the White Oak version would do.

Same here, really looking forward to trying the white oak
The Beer and I
I had the white oak on cask as well as their white oak IPA with peaches at the brewery. They were both really good, the peaches one is the main reason I picked up a Tree Shaker yesterday.
Hub05
AG
White oak JA is one of my favorite "shelf" beers. I wish they would just go to year around instead of a couple times a year. I stock up when they make it because I don't think the flavor falls off with a couple months of age
MattJaxson
AG
Made it to the new Goody Goody. It was a madhouse, but got Deviant Dales, Tank 7, Odell IPA and Real Ale Brewers Cut DIPA all for $20. Now heading out to Lone Pint. Gonna be a good beer day.
La Fours
AG
quote:
I had the white oak on cask as well as their white oak IPA with peaches at the brewery. They were both really good, the peaches one is the main reason I picked up a Tree Shaker yesterday.

I drank a tree shaker last night. It was good but not great. The sweetness of the peach really overshadowed any sense of it being a DIPA. Very little hop to it.
Vernada
AG
Petrol got a keg of 512 bourbon barrel porter yesterday. No idea when it gets tapped.
Jock 07
AG
So apparently I missed supplication and Avery's the beast on tap last night. I know, **** me right? Hoping that they didn't float the kegs last night and may try this afternoon. Haven't had the beast yet and figured I'd try it on tap.

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 4/5/2014 11:23a).]
streetfighter2012
AG
Vernada- Petrol tapped a keg of the double pecan porter Thursday night. Not sure if they still have it flowing
Ranger222
AG
quote:
White Oak Jai Alai makes my dingle tingle.
maca1028
The dingle does tingle a bit.
NColoradoAG
The oak adds a lot of vanilla to the citrusy base beer. I think it tastes like an orange creamsicle.
Vernada
AG
quote:
Vernada- Petrol tapped a keg of the double pecan porter Thursday night. Not sure if they still have it flowing

Pretty sure it was still on tap Friday.
maca1028
quote:
The oak adds a lot of vanilla to the citrusy base beer. I think it tastes like an orange creamsicle.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
The Spec's in Princeton has about 10 bottles of Enjoy By 4/20 as of last night. If I know the clients of the area, that beer will expire before most pick it up.
NColoradoAG
My palate is obviously superior to yours Maca.
NColoradoAG
Started and Funkwerks today. Now at Choice City having a buffalo rueben and Bear Republic Apex

NColoradoAG
Some Lost Abbey Red Poppy

jh0400
AG
Cracked my MvB. I wish I'd gotten another one, because it's pretty good. Now I'm really looking forward to being at RRBC on Tuesday.
maca1028
quote:
My palate is obviously superior to yours Maca.

You prolly right
The Beer and I
Red Poppy is awesome. And MvB is really good too. I hope they put it in their regular rotation.
NColoradoAG
Dammit Florida. Lettin down the SEC. Woulda won some beer boxes on Talkbeer too with a UF win. Drowning my sorrows

jah003
S
That's a great way to drown your sorrows NColoradoAG...

Spent my day (just woke up from a meat induced coma) at Franklin. Got up there around 7:45 am and ate around 1:30 pm. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Yea... I know take it to the barbecue thread. Passed the time in line with our beer of the month club. This month was APA's. Friend busted out a Zombie Dust for the tasting which won... But the biggest surprise of the day was Goose Island Ten Hills. Did surprisingly well in our tasting. I brought Lupulin which finished middle of the pack. All in all a solid day.

[This message has been edited by jah003 (edited 4/5/2014 7:55p).]
dave99ag
AG
So damn good!

turfman80
AG
I've heard this before, but the HEB beer guy at Tower Point says Firestone Walker finally arrives in BCS Tuesday
Jock 07
AG
****in Florida. Somehow I'm still leadin my bracket. Oh well **** it found able terroir and split it with a buddy of mine at a bar tonight.

CollinAB
AG
quote:
I've heard this before, but the HEB beer guy at Tower Point says Firestone Walker finally arrives in BCS Tuesday.

Man I hope so.
La Fours
AG
quote:
I've heard this before, but the HEB beer guy at Tower Point says Firestone Walker finally arrives in BCS Tuesday

I have heard similar info from the craft beer manager at Hilliards distro who is bringing them to town.
maca1028
F*** It!!!
The Beer and I
quote:
F*** It!!!

Atta boy!
First Page Last Page
Page 423 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.