Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,639,862 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by La Fours
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
it is wednesday after all.

and i have the flu.
Mustang1
AG
For West Houston folks: Goody Goody is opening a new store at Hwy 6/FM 529. They are selling all six packs for 4.99 this Saturday.
La Fours
AG
Good lord defroach, how many stores did you have to hit up to get all those WBDPP?
cc10106
Thanks for the info, 'stang!
Jason_Ag98
AG
I caved and bought a bottle of the WBADPP at Specs (Brodie). They probably had 15-20 bottles left--limit one per person.
CollinAB
AG
Got some Myrcenary and St. Lupulin today in addition to another bottle of Enjoy By. Looking like a hoppy weekend over here.
defroach
quote:
That would be awesome. Let me know what you would want from here. Never have done any beer shipping so might need a little help with that too.

Shoot me an email at schwabandrew2 at gmail dot com

We will work that out.

[This message has been edited by defroach (edited 4/3/2014 3:33p).]
defroach
quote:
Good lord defroach, how many stores did you have to hit up to get all those WBDPP?

Ha only one.

Specs on Airport in Austin had 5 cases on the floor. I immediately called up some friends and got the orders to save them the trouble. No bottle limit and the beer guy said go at it.
gordo97
AG
defroach.... are you the lead singer of the band Project 86?
defroach
Ha...no. Not the first time I have been asked that. I am assuming he was the one who stole all my good email addresses.

Nor am I related to the banker (which I am much more sad about).

[This message has been edited by defroach (edited 4/3/2014 3:49p).]
La Fours
AG
Nice move to take care of your friends.
dixie whiskey
AG
Those looking for enjoy by in houston, randalls on 290/barker has a **** ton
maca1028
So is anyone gonna be in line at specs in the morning?
Ags #1
AG
I am debating it. I could see this Beeing a shiit show
Green Fairy
AG
Drinking a RRBC blind pig tonight. Damn tasty.

Tomorrow is gonna be an Odell kind of night. Need to get some Myrcenary and maybe a couple others tomorrow. St lupulin seems like a winning choice based on most te comments here.
jah003
S
quote:
I've been drugged up all day and in and out of sleep. Apparently I can't read in that state. Swore the whip in pic said 25.99

You must be thinking of Hamricks... they wanted $25. Saddest part is they sold out the same day it came in.

I snagged one WBADPP for my vertical, but I'm not chasing this one. If I stumble upon another, super...
CollinAB
AG
St. Lupulin is a really tasty pale ale. Their Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout's a winner as well. And Myrcenary is a given.
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
St. Lupulin is a really tasty pale ale. Their Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout's a winner as well. And Myrcenary is a given.

I've had Myrcenary and Lugene before in CO and thanks to strat shipping some to me.

Love Myrcenary. I've been lookin forward to it. Milk stouts just aren't my thing. Feel like I'm catching the beetus every time I have one. Just too sweet for my taste.
The Beer and I
Picked up some St Lupulin and Lugene tonight. Also randomly stumbled on espresso IRS at Whole Foods, so I grabbed all 3 bottles. The espresso may have faded by now, but I don't really give a ****, because **** Phischy.
AggieOO
jah- Hamricks is holding back a case to cellar until next year. Can't imagine what they'll charge in a year.
Kyle98
AG
Enjoying a Mycenary right now. Damn this is good!
CollinAB
AG
quote:
I don't really give a ****, because **** Phischy.
Good enough for me.
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't really give a ****, because **** Phischy.
Good enough for me.
defroach
quote:
jah- Hamricks is holding back a case to cellar until next year. Can't imagine what they'll charge in a year.

I don't mind bottle shops doing this in general...especially for releases that pretty much everyone got a bottle who wanted one.

But, Hamricks is a rip off and they are already charging 10 more than the cheapest place I saw (Whole Foods Domain - 15.99). They will easily charge 35 for it next year.
Ags #1
AG
Got to specs at 945 and they ran out 15 people In front of us
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Still better than last year's 1 bottle per.
Ags #1
AG
Saw chow at specs an then him and his cronies where at whole foods heb right after that looking to hoard more.
wessimo
AG
I have a FBS or two in the fridge. I think I'll add a shot of wild turkey and save myself the hassle of looking for the KBS.
Bock for Breakfast
AG
Today was a good day

Quantum ace
AG
quote:
I have a FBS or two in the fridge. I think I'll add a shot of wild turkey and save myself the hassle of looking for the KBS.

Let me know how this works out for you.
NColoradoAG
It's insane you guys have to wait in line for 1 or 2 bottles of KBS. Another 100k+ bottle release that everyone in Houston is ****ting their pants over.
Ags #1
AG
It's insane in Houston. Growlers tweeted they were releasing some and it was gone in 15 minutes. I'm like ninja and some others on this board. The hoarders have made trying get these beers impossible. There is enough good beer out there to drink and not have to stand in line for an hour to get it.
Bock for Breakfast
AG
quote:

Sounds legit.
Jock 07
AG
I think the only beer I've ever stood in line for was younger
NColoradoAG
I have no problem standing in line for a brewery only release. That makes sense. But standing in line at some liquor store for a bottle or two of KBS seems nuts. Hoarding a bunch of KBS doesn't make sense either unless you REALLY love it. It doesn't age or trade well so I don't see the point.
First Page Last Page
Page 421 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.