Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,868 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
La Fours

I liked their smoked alt too. That, Phone Home, and the Dubbel are the only beers of theirs I have tried.

I had a preconceived notion about this brewery that they were just cashing in on the brand of Cedar Creek Lake and the other near to Dallas East Texas spots (Koon Kreek, Sandy, etc.) but I am begnning to realize they are very legit. I need to get out there for a brewery tour soon.
NColoradoAG
You ****ers got St Lupulin even before we did and I'm 20 minutes from the brewery.
Jock 07
AG
Probably last years leftovers
jah003
S
quote:
You ****ers got St Lupulin even before we did and I'm 20 minutes from the brewery.

Looks that way... Bottled on March 16th.

sixiron
AG
I tried a couple different beers recently from Texian Brewing now that they are available in stores. The brewery is located very close to my house in Richmond, TX but I don't know any of the guys there. Their English-style IPA "Brutus" is very tasty. Their saison "First Stand" is decent. I think they have 1-2 more brews coming out soon. Check them out if you get a chance. texianbrewing.com
Kyle98
AG
They'll be at the Big Texas Beer Fest at Fair Park this weekend, I'll have to try the Brutus. Thanks for the heads-up!
aggiejz
AG
Try the Charlie Foxtrot as well from Texian, but don't try it expecting a true to style Berliner Weisse. It's definitely not (they call it an "imperial Berliner Weisse) but I really enjoyed it.
bevokilla
AG
Glad to hear their stuff is good as its less than 5 miles from my house
La Fours
AG
I also really liked the Charlie Foxtrot.
La Fours
AG
Just saw this on Twitter.

quote:
Spec's Beer Dept ‏@Specs_Beer_Dept 11m
This Friday morning @ 10AM when @Specs1962 Smith St. (HOU) opens, we will be selling @foundersbrewing Kentucky Breakfast Stout.
La Fours
AG
According to my friend in Georgetown, the Round Rock Specs has KBS.
MW03
AG
They just delivered 5 cases of Blakkr to Lonestar Beverage in Carrolton, if anyone is hunting it. I passed and ended up getting a Clown Shoes Luchador en Fuego.
La Fours
AG
Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Not KBS, but 512 Whiskey barrel Double Pecan Porter. I would be very appreciative if someone could get me a bottle.
MW03
AG
They're putting it on the shelf at Lonestar Bev on Friday per my dude there.
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
512 Whiskey barrel Double Pecan Porter. I would be very appreciative if someone could get me a bottle.

I'm curious to see what the prices are going to be. The Growler Room in Austin was selling 64oz fills for $42.50 today and still went through a keg in 2 hours. I like this beer, but I'm not sure I like it enough to pay $20+ for a bottle of it if that ends up being the case.
La Fours
AG
$18 at RR Specs. That's what it was last year too.
La Fours
AG
Jason, I think it is every bit worth the $18 for the bottle.
Echoes97
AG
Damn, I love Pecan Porter and I have never had the Whiskey Barrel version. Sure hope I can get my hands on one down here in the H!

Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
jah003
S
I'd sit on your 512 WBADPP (yea, I acronymed it) for about a year or so if possible. The difference between fresh and aged is night and day IMO. The fresh 2013 had way too much whiskey for my liking and the flavors were all out of whack. Had a 2013 a few months back and it was superb...
La Fours
AG
jah, I don't blame you for doing the acronym. I hate trying to type it out. I usually just call it whiskey double pecan.
AggieOO
Whip in has bottles for $26. No way I'm paying that much.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
LOL @ $26
The Beer and I
I'm trying the last of the Terrapin beers I brought back from my Florida trip. All are IPAs (and a pale ale), but I'm not that impressed. The beers are good, but so just too malty for me. I prefer west coast style IPAs, so the only one I really liked was the Rye Pale Ale. I wish I could've found some of there stouts like moo-hoo or wake and bake.
Hub05
AG
The only terrapin beer I have been impressed with is their wake-n-bake coffee stout. Everything else is avg.

Tonight is a good night. Drinking my first KBS of the year and watching a little Texas Ranger baseball.

defroach

This is my last weeks worth of buying beer. My inner Chow came out today, though. That is 8 of the 512s.

And the whip in was not 26 bucks. Want proof? Here is an image from their facebook page:

Jock 07
AG
I want some boxers revenge, had it in Alabama and loved it. All I can find here is Mad Meg.
AggieOO
I've been drugged up all day and in and out of sleep. Apparently I can't read in that state. Swore the whip in pic said 25.99
txaggie05
AG
Same difference IMO
defroach
quote:
I want some boxers revenge, had it in Alabama and loved it. All I can find here is Mad Meg.

I don't mind sending one out to you.

[This message has been edited by defroach (edited 4/2/2014 11:14p).]
NColoradoAG
Tree Shaker is not very good. I haven't been a fan of most of Odell's 750mL offerings. My advice would be stick to the six pack offerings and try the reserve stuff on tap before buying.
quote:
I've been drugged up all day and in and out of sleep.
it is wednesday after all.
defroach
quote:
Tree Shaker is not very good. I haven't been a fan of most of Odell's 750mL offerings. My advice would be stick to the six pack offerings and try the reserve stuff on tap before buying.

Good to know now. I usually buy one of most beers just to try anyways.
Kyle98
AG
Picked up some St Lupulin, Myrcenary, and Ommegang Fire & Blood yesterday. No KBS, unfortunately.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I liked that 512 ditched the black labels from last year. Looks much better with the old label.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
I don't mind sending one out to you.
That would be awesome. Let me know what you would want from here. Never have done any beer shipping so might need a little help with that too.
First Page Last Page
Page 420 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.