Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,557 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by La Fours
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Nice. Tank 7 for me - I love this stuff.

Try the Brett version sometime if you can find it.
Vernada
AG
Karbach 003 Hellfighter
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:

Try the Brett version sometime if you can find it.

Definitely on my list of things to try.
maca1028
aggielax48
AG
Had a flight at Whole Foods...Brewdog Paradox, Founders Imperial, Odell Double IPA and GI Lolita. Also had a taste if Sucaba and brought home a growler of Founders.
jh0400
AG
Passed on the last Sucaba at Buffalo Speedway HEB. I'm tired of chasing beer. I'll stock my stash with RRBC **** in two weeks, and then I'm drinking regular releases and the rest of you can fight the neckbeards for the rare ****.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Karbach 003 Hellfighter

Nice. You've been sitting on that a while.
MADDUD

[This message has been edited by MADDUD (edited 3/29/2014 9:51p).]
MADDUD

[This message has been edited by MADDUD (edited 3/29/2014 9:54p).]
gordo97
AG
Cracked open Bodacious that I got a few days ago..... It's a solid meh...... I won't be looking to buy any more
Hub05
AG
Couple different comparisons tonight for the Gator game.

Started with a HotD Fred tasting...
Regular fred - meh
Bourbon fred - no carb, very sweet, overall pretty good
Fred ftw - great beer - complex notes with heavy vanilla and nice sweetness

After tasting the Freds, I guess I have to find a way to get an Adam FTW to complete may adam lneup.

Second tasting was a Bourbon Barrel Cherry Sour tasting.
Best of the bunch was the Sang Noir. Nice progressive profile of cherries, barrel, and then sour. The Lee Noir was very well balanced, but didn't do much to stand out among the other two. I think the Blackberries in the Wanderer would have been lost on me if I hadn't had it side by side with other cherry beers.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Had Bodacious at Texas Beer Garden in Magnolia tonight. That's good stuff.
Vernada
AG
quote:
quote:
Karbach 003 Hellfighter

I looked in the fridge and had a 3, 5, and 7.
MW03
AG
Racer 5 is the best value in the beer game, right? This thread has helped me try and appreciate IPAs, and I think Racer 5 has to be the best for the money. I think I paid $7 for this bomber.
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Racer 5 is the best value in the beer game, right? This thread has helped me try and appreciate IPAs, and I think Racer 5 has to be the best for the money. I think I paid $7 for this bomber.

I'd give that award to Lagunitas Hop Stoopid. For $4ish bucks a bomber it's hard to beat.

[This message has been edited by Green fairy (edited 3/30/2014 6:15p).]
jetch17
AG
Apex has been killin it lately, Racer X is a boner too, but are kind of shelf turds now

Having an apex as we speak
Vernada
AG
Can't beat the value of Hop Stoopid.
Jock 07
AG
Others good for the price are deschutes hop henge and hop trip
jetch17
AG
Concur, slamming a henge, too

The Beer and I
quote:

If you want value, buy it by the 6 pack, only about $10. Unfortunately, I wasn't as impressed with Apex. I liked it, but not loved it.

I'm having an Austin Beerworks Heavy Machinery double IPA, now that's beer boner worthy.
cc10106
Enjoying some Bodacious at Lucky's in Cy.
spadilly
S
Bodacious is delicious.
I was saving it for a special occasion, but after dealing with a sick four month old, I decided to crack my bomber open tonight.
Professor Frick
AG
Bought some enjoy by 4/20 last week, then promptly got sick as a dog all week. Finally well enough to enjoy. Enjoying
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Karbach 003 Hellfighter

I looked in the fridge and had a 3, 5, and 7.

Well done on that.
CollinAB
AG
Really enjoying Odell Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout. Guess they should start showing up in bottles here soon.
defroach
I only ended up with 2x KBS, 2x Cerveza de Tempranillo, 2x Montmorency vs Balaton, 2x Sucaba, and 2X Boxer's Revenge.

Sorta weak showing.

Now, it brings my totals to 4x CdT, 5x MvB, and 3 Sucabas for the last 2 weeks. It is nice muling the wife out for the extra bottles.

Also, it was nice of the coed who had no idea about the bottle release to walk up there with me on Friday to allow me to get two more JK beers. I bought her a pint for the use of her ID.

FWIW, the Sucabas all went to two friends who could not find them, and the JK beers will most likely be traded away to fiends who hook me up with other things.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
KBS coming to Houston this week? Not even sure why I'm asking considering how badly I've struck out on big releases the past few weeks, but whatevs.
aggiejz
AG
Just got back from a weekend in Atlanta/Athens this morning... I'll be eating Ramen and PB&J for the next month until I go out to San Francisco.

If anyone ever wants suggestions for ATL... I would probably skip Sweetwater Brewing if I went back. Monday Night Brewery was really fun and had better beers. Twain's is a brewpub over in Decatur that was cool & had some good beers. I missed out on getting to check out Red Brick (didn't work for me timing-wise with heading to Athens), but I'd heard great things about that place. Wrecking Bar is another solid brewpub in Little Five Points, but was a bit more upscale than I was expecting food-wise. Porter Beer Bar right down the street from that is AWESOME. Their beer list is downright ridiculous.

As for Athens, Trappeze is definitely the best bar to hit in town as far as beer is concerned. Good food too and we had an awesome waitress both times. Rain messed with A&M Baseball gametimes and ended up screwing me out of visiting Terrapin, which I'm still upset about. Pauley's is a crepes place that actually has a nice beer selection, and Copper Creek was a decent little brewpub.

Oh, and these did a number on my bank account too.
Jock 07
AG
Porter beer bar was really cool
The Beer and I
H-Town peeps, Specs downtown has Sucaba right now, you just have to ask for it.

Ninja, I talked to the beer guy. He said they were getting KBS this week, just not sure yet about how much or exactly when.
BSD
AG
Porter Beer Bar is easily one of my favorites beer bars.
aggiejz
AG
I was thumbing through the Cellar list at Porter and had to just push the beer menu away from myself. I could have spent the entire weekend in that bar and spent probably every dime in my bank account and maxed out a credit card too. It was unfair.
BSD
AG
Try going there and not being able to drink more than one beer before walking out. Save me your sob story!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ags #1
AG
Thanks for the tip the beer and I. Just picked up a sucaba
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
H-Town peeps, Specs downtown has Sucaba right now, you just have to ask for it.

Ninja, I talked to the beer guy. He said they were getting KBS this week, just not sure yet about how much or exactly when.

Fiiiiinally got a Sucaba this round. Thanks.
First Page Last Page
Page 418 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.