Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,955 Views | 62617 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by swampstander
gordo97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Apparently, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale is only going to be part of a Kentucky Line Rotation here at the College Station Spec's. They have the Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout currently for $2 more per four pack than the Ale

dang..... I saw the stout at the specs next to my office a few days ago but didn't buy..... the ale is sold out and it's awesome, but I was gonna give the stout a try..... I guess it's not worth it
Jason_Ag98
AG
Picked up a four-pack of KBS at Slaughter HEB in Austin. Got lucky and walked into the store right as they were bringing it in.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
This. I'm done chasing beers. I no longer care to run around town trying to find something and then paying out the nose for it because it is 'rare'. Neckbeards, it's all yours.

Yep. I walked into Kroger on 11th just now to grab something and stopped by the beer aisle to peruse. A guy had a Sucaba in his basket and was talking to the beer guy. After they get done talking, I ask if there were anymore. Beer manager (Blake) goes to the back. He's there for five minutes. And then comes back to tell me that was the last one.

I know it wasn't. I watched the guy who had it in his basket try to check out and it had to be rung up manually by the beer manager because the cashier that tried to do it said it wasn't listed in the inventory.

This is the second time this has happened to me at this Kroger. It last happened after I saw a guy with a 4-pack of BCBCS in his basket. He was obviously friends with the same beer manager. I asked the beer guy that day and he said 'Sorry, that was the last one.' I ran into the guy who purchased the 4-pack and he said he was told there was still a case left in the back because the same beer manager told him so.

The beer "scene" in Houston is ****ing retarded. A Kroger employee playing keep away from customers. KROGER!
JR Ewing
AG
quote:
dang..... I saw the stout at the specs next to my office a few days ago but didn't buy..... the ale is sold out and it's awesome, but I was gonna give the stout a try..... I guess it's not worth it
The Stout isn't bad. I bought a couple four packs, and it is a pretty decent beer, but there's no reason it should be more expensive than the Ale. It's worth a try if you like a coffee/vanilla beer taste. It's not horrible, but I'm a big fan of the Ale. And, LaFours knows it and he's just taunting me. The jokes on him though because my buddy from Corpus is bringing me a case of the Ale tonight! WOO HOO!!!
spadilly
S
@BillBishopKHOU: Spec’s says it has experienced a criminal attack on its network that exposed the information of some customers and employees. #KHOU

@BillBishopKHOU: Spec's says the theft of customer info. affected transactions at 34 smaller neighborhood stores in the Greater Houston area, #KHOU
spadilly
S
Here's the full story:

http://m.chron.com/business/retail/article/Customer-payment-information-compromised-at-34-5357502.php?cmpid=hpbn
JR Ewing
AG
^ I feel so compromised...
NColoradoAG
quote:
Yep. I walked into Kroger on 11th just now to grab something and stopped by the beer aisle to peruse. A guy had a Sucaba in his basket and was talking to the beer guy. After they get done talking, I ask if there were anymore. Beer manager (Blake) goes to the back. He's there for five minutes. And then comes back to tell me that was the last one.

I know it wasn't. I watched the guy who had it in his basket try to check out and it had to be rung up manually by the beer manager because the cashier that tried to do it said it wasn't listed in the inventory.

This is the second time this has happened to me at this Kroger. It last happened after I saw a guy with a 4-pack of BCBCS in his basket. He was obviously friends with the same beer manager. I asked the beer guy that day and he said 'Sorry, that was the last one.' I ran into the guy who purchased the 4-pack and he said he was told there was still a case left in the back because the same beer manager told him so.

The beer "scene" in Houston is ****ing retarded. A Kroger employee playing keep away from customers. KROGER!

This is the worst. I hate when stores do that. I can handle them holding on to a bottle of the rarest of the rarest type stuff for the people they know spend thousands of dollars a year, but Sucaba and BCBCS? That's ridiculous. They make 40,000+ bottles of Sucaba, and twice as many bottles of BCBCS every year. Set a limit, sell it first come, first served.
CollinAB
AG
All the beer chasing/hoarding and bull**** that goes on with holding beers in the back sucks. Houston seems to take it to the next level.
Echoes97
AG
Ninja, that freaking sucks. The River Oaks Kroger never has sheet for specialty beers so I rarely even go look. Hell, might just be selling it outta the back room apparently!

WTF, I swear I'll never understand the over-the-top beer seeker hipsters. Get a ****ing life for pete's sake.

To give you an insight into these goat licker's minds, the one sitting next to the register with a Sucaba and a Bodacious sitting in front of him, hears David tell me about the HEB release. He then, while drinking a beer tells me, "To make it fair, wait til we finish so we have a chance." Yeah, you are the chosen one and have a birthright to get first crack at all rare beers. **** you...
jetch17
AG
What a schlong
Bmac04
AG
Expensive Friday

Ags #1
AG
D&q has sacuba. That was about 15 minutes ago. Chow and company has Probably bought it all up
jah003
S
quote:
D&q has sacuba. That was about 15 minutes ago. Chow and company has Probably bought it all up

He's at Jester King... You've got a chance.
62strat
AG
A little beer run

Only $3.50 for the 10% Sierra nevada Abbey Quad.

Can't beat that.

Hub05
AG
mmmmm KBS, I can't wait for it to land in FL next week. Call me crazy but I prefer KBS to BCBS and BCBCS
jetch17
AG
Very nice after being good all week

Kyle98
AG
Not rare, but tasty nonetheless.

NColoradoAG
quote:
mmmmm KBS, I can't wait for it to land in FL next week. Call me crazy but I prefer KBS to BCBS and BCBCS

You're crazy.
Bock for Breakfast
AG
Here's my latest haul. That was a lot of work.
jah003
S
Might as well join in the Friday haul club...

Grabbed the RU's on my way back from JK... just hanging out at the Twin Liquors (they've got to be close to a year old).
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:

You're crazy.

This.
jetch17
AG
I'm done chasing dark sh*t that's just gonna sit in the cellar til it gets cold... Focus turned on fresh hoppy goodness and spring/summer tasties
DaveHimself
AG
My comparatively small Friday haul
DallasAggie2012
AG
Man im jealous of y'all who got more than one bottle of KBS! I could only snag one, although I did get a full case of no label's 1st street ale for 10 bucks. It's a decent beer, but I couldn't help snagging them at that price.

Also picked up an Avery Maharaja and a Founder Curmudgeon as well.
62strat
AG
quote:
I'm done chasing dark sh*t that's just gonna sit in the cellar til it gets cold... Focus turned on fresh hoppy goodness and spring/summer tasties
These days I'm pretty much exclusively buying the dark chit to cellar, and drinking the easy light stuff. Mostly saisons, but am liking good solid pilsners and lagers.l recently.

Hopefully in a couple years I'll go on a dark beer kick! I'll be set for a while if I do
Plan to add 10 a month for all of 2014. On track so far, I have 28.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 3/28/2014 10:47p).]
Jock 07
AG
Here's my mini fri haul. Found it here in breck of all places. Don't think I'm gonna crack one tonight before I go to bed at 11,500 ft

NColoradoAG
BCBCS 4 Lyfe

CollinAB
AG
**** yeah NCol. **** looks good. I relish how many asterisks this post is getting.
army01
AG
quote:
Expensive Friday

Right there with you

CollinAB
AG
Damn that looks pretty.
Bmac04
MattJaxson
AG
There is a case of Bodacious and about 4 cases of Enjoy By at the Buffalo Speedway Kroger if anyone is still looking.
jetch17
AG
Gettin bodacious tonight

Jason_Ag98
AG
Nice. Tank 7 for me - I love this stuff.
First Page Last Page
Page 417 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.