Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,948 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
Ranger222
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KBS is supposed to be released on April 1st. Stores should already have gotten it, but should be holding until until Tuesday. At least that is the word I got from here.

jetch17
AG

CHOWWWW
Echoes97
AG
Long line? I'm heading over in 15 or so, hopefully there'll be some left!
jh0400
AG
That's one impressive neckbeard.
jetch17
AG
only a handful when he showed up, but the crowd wasnt huge. they only had 4 cases though.

noticed a karbach FUN case back there too in case youre still looking for bodacious.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
That's one impressive neckbeard.

I think that's old boy that used to work at Hubbell & Hudson.
Ags #1
AG
Just went up to Whole foods and they said they sold out within an hour. My guess is central mkt is probably sold out as well sice they release theirs around 1
Echoes97
AG
Saw all those same dewshes at the HEB 3 PM release. Another in their group got the last Bodacious at WF. Just missed getting a Sucaba there so went to HEB for the 3 PM release.

80% same people at WF. I understand picking up what you can, but good lord, these pudgy hipsters are like little beer groupies. They all seemed to know each other, and apparently some were even from out of the city. Kinda makes me question my efforts to pick up these beers, I mean they're great but jeebus it's gotten a little ridiculous.

[This message has been edited by Echoes97 (edited 3/27/2014 3:27p).]
Echoes97
AG
Ags #1 go to HEB Montrose (right now!), they still had some. Find Melissa there, she hopefully will have one for you.
jetch17
AG
gay, i figured most of those guys were just following him around town today.

i only went to the WF one since i was in the area, literally got my bottle and left.
The Beer and I
Echoes, stay strong. If your efforts stop, the neck beards win.
Ags #1
AG
Thanks echoes. I will give that a shot
Ags #1
AG
Heb montrose sold out as well
wessimo
AG
quote:
Kinda makes me question my efforts to pick up these beers, I mean they're great but jeebus it's gotten a little ridiculous.

This. I'm done chasing beers. I no longer care to run around town trying to find something and then paying out the nose for it because it is 'rare'. Neckbeards, it's all yours.

Fortunately there is no shortage of great beer options that are readily available.
cc10106
Anti-hype!
turfman80
AG
Son of a B****! I stopped by the WF Montrose around 2:20 just because I had been to Growlers to Go down the street. Had no idea Walker himself had just been there. Damn. Missed out on the Sucabas... had to ask since everyone at the bar had the box sitting out, but got a growler fill of Double jack.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Heading to OKC for work tomorrow. Any places and/or beers worth checking out?
jah003
S
quote:
Heading to OKC for work tomorrow. Any places and/or beers worth checking out?

Pretty sure Bible Belt dropped not too long ago...
turfman80
AG
Anyway, too lazy to post a pic, but while in Houston I was able to land some Fresh Squeezed, Union Jack, Mosaic, semi-fresh Endeavor and growlers of Yellow Rose, Oskar Blues G'Night, Live Oak Hefe, Pale 31, and Double Jack. Hey, my birthday blow-out barbeque is in two weeks....
CollinAB
AG
Sounds like a pretty tasty haul there, turfman. I picked up some Bodacious (liked it a lot), Enjoy By 4/20, and some more Founders Porter for the weekend.

[This message has been edited by CollinAB (edited 3/27/2014 6:17p).]
AggieOO
Picked up more blakkr and found a bottle of firestone 17.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
I think that's old boy that used to work at Hubbell & Hudson.

Yeah, that's him. Really good guy and has always helped us out.

I saw Sucaba in Oregon a few weeks ago. Didn't even think to grab a bottle.
maca1028

Watching all the talking heads on ESPN salivate over Johnny
La Fours
AG
This batch is better than the first.

Jock 07
AG
How is the fresh squeezed. Saw it tonight but went with modus hoperedi so I can take it up on the mountain with me tomorrow.
Jason_Ag98
AG
I like the Fresh Squeezed a lot (I'm drinking one right now). Sweet taste with a strong citrus flavor and not much hop bitterness. Delicious.
Jock 07
AG
DallasAggie2012
AG
Got my bottle of KBS reserved for the incoming shipment at Las Colinas Beverages tomorrow. The guy there said they'd prob only get one case unfortunately.

Also drinking some of the block party porter tonight from four corners and I forgot how delicious it is. Really awesome easy drinking porter. I could easily see myself taking down 3-4 in a night without getting worn down by it.
defroach
quote:

I now know who you are on BeerAdvocate

(I am aschwab by the way).

[This message has been edited by defroach (edited 3/28/2014 1:39a).]
BSD
AG
Jetch is on BA still? I figured they would have banned him by now.
62strat
AG
Going to the bay area for easter. On that Monday, the wife and parents take off for home at 3pm, I'm staying behind to turn it in to a work trip for Tuesday/Wed. So I have Monday night all to myself...

I see Russian River in my future.
Hub05
AG
I christened my brand new beautiful Jester King glass last night

JR Ewing
AG
Apparently, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale is only going to be part of a Kentucky Line Rotation here at the College Station Spec's. They have the Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout currently for $2 more per four pack than the Ale, and it's fair at best (hints of coffee and vanilla, not much of a Bourbon taste). I don't know how many of you like the Bourbon Barrel Ale, but you might want to mention to the Spec's folks that the Bourbon Barrel Ale is what you want stocked, not the other sub-par alternatives from Lexington Brewery. Stick with the stuff that sold out Specs...it's called customer demand. Hopefully, they'll notice that the Stout isn't flying off the shelves like the Ale did...
jetch17
AG
i dont post much, still lurk from time to time

Talmbout

[This message has been edited by jetch17 (edited 3/28/2014 9:23a).]
La Fours
AG
Good luck with that JR. There's more to it than just customer demand. I've been asking for and requesting the New Belgium Lips of Faith line of beers for a couple of years now. But the distributor just won't bring them to Brazos County. And the beer department at Specs is limited to what they can get approval for from the Specs corporate beer folks and what the distributor will bring in.

I would suggest hitting up the Specs beer twitter account.
First Page Last Page
Page 416 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.