Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,653,401 Views | 62634 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Objective Aggie
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hub05
AG
La Fours
AG

This is damn good.
62strat
AG
Jock, I got that beer a while back, and it was completely flat.
I wrote them and he invited to go to tasting room for a free beer. Haven't made it out there yet.
Jock 07
AG
This one was as well. I just got done emailing them. Pretty surprised as I haven't had issues like that with any of their other stuff. Their tap room is pretty cool. No taps, just a few casks and bottles they pour from.

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 3/19/2014 10:43p).]
pathag1
AG
La Fours, were you able to find that here in Bryan/College Station? I am envious....
La Fours
AG
pathag, no, I got one can from a friend. Not sure where he got it. But I would expect to see it hit shelves in B/CS next week.
pathag1
AG
Thanks. I hope you are right about it making it here next week.
army01
AG
So Paradox tasting room is legit? I'm going to have to find a way to make it happen next time I'm in Woodland Park.
DaveHimself
AG
DFW folks - Hall's got Enjoy By this morning, bottled on 3/15. Just swung by at lunch and plenty left.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
So Paradox tasting room is legit? I'm going to have to find a way to make it happen next time I'm in Woodland Park.

Probably my favorite in the area, just too damn far from me living on the NE side
DallasAggie2012
AG
Thanks you DaveHimself! Will be making the stop on the way home now to pick up a bottle or to of Enjoy By. So consistently delicious.
Kyle98
AG
I looked for Enjoy By at Whip In last night, but they didn't have it yet. I'll try again today, perhaps.
streetfighter2012
AG
Sampling the new bodacious release at Karbach tonight. This is one tasty brew!
Green Fairy
AG
Cracked open Almanac sour bourbon barrel porter tonight. Not a bad brew
Ranger222
AG
At a Sierra Nevada tap takeover. They produce a lot of quality stuff
wessimo
AG
At Good People in Birmingham. Their Hitchhiker West Coast IPA and Snake Handler Dipa are fantastic.
jah003
S
This just popped up in my twitter feed...

https://twitter.com/floodtx/status/446688499165433856

Read the comments... Any idea what the magical place might be? Cantillon?
MW03
AG
They handle the distribution for Jester King, per the google box. And Big Texas Beer Fest is next week in Dallas, I think.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Picked up some of the Real Ale Blakkr tonight at HEB. The previous post was correct--I paid something like $11.65 instead of the $18 that was originally reported.
aggiejz
AG
So.. In response to that Thrillist list, we put together a Top 10 Texas Breweries list over on Good Bull Hunting. Thanks to jah003 & DallasAggie2012 for contributing!

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2014/3/20/5527366/top-10-texas-craft-breweries-best-texas-beer
txaggie05
AG
Drinking a Blakkr right now. This stuff is really good
Ags #1
AG
Drinking an ru-55. New to the sour scene. Don't really get it. Guess I will stick to IPAs and stouts
jah003
S
quote:
So.. In response to that Thrillist list, we put together a Top 10 Texas Breweries list over on Good Bull Hunting. Thanks to jah003 & DallasAggie2012 for contributing!

Thanks for putting that together. It was a fun read and fun to contribute.
bevokilla
AG
quote:

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2014/3/20/5527366/top-10-texas-craft-breweries-best-texas-beer

What are Karbach's misses? St Arnold's #2? I understand it's an opinion, but Live Oak, Real Ale, and Karbach are all better than St Arnold.
NColoradoAG
Nothing like a good top ten list to heat up the conversation. Then GBH goes and throws gasoline on the fire.

AGGIEJZ is the biggest Lone Pint homer in the lone star state!
aggiejz
AG
Guilty as charged on all accounts. I love gasoline & fires!
DallasAggie2012
AG
Great work on the article Jason! Miles better than the Thrillist article. Thanks for taking the time to out it all together, and I was happy to contribute the Dallas perspective.
The list actually turned out really well and I can't argue with any of the rankings. Once more people start tasting Lakewood beers I'm sure it's gonna rise up that list quickly though.
BSD
AG
St Arnold's at #2? I feel like all my time on this thread has been wasted.
txaggie05
AG
i can see St. Arnold at #2 based upon the breadth of their offerings and the fact that everything is at least moderately decent with a few standouts. But as far as the best available brews? No way.

[This message has been edited by txaggie05 (edited 3/20/2014 11:54p).]
txaggie05
AG
Oh, and I just finished a Ska Hibernal Vinifera Stout. Good stuff. The malbec grape juice adds a nice complexity
bevokilla
AG
quote:
i can see St. Arnold at #2 based upon the breadth of their offerings and the fact that everything is at least moderately decent with a few standouts. But as far as the best available brews? No way.

[This message has been edited by txaggie05 (edited 3/20/2014 11:54p).]

Except all their normal beers except weedwacker taste like **** due to the yeast they use. Their best beers are the BB and DR series and DRs 1-12 weren't even created by St Arnolds.
txaggie05
AG
Right. Which is basically what I just said. Moderately decent <> good
Tressels Vest
AG
Ahhhhh Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and March Madness. It's a decent night I guess.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Had a Victory at Sea from Ballast Point tonight. I liked it. Had it on tap. Is this bottled? It's like Kona Pipeline Porter but better.
First Page Last Page
Page 410 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.