Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,190 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harvey Washbangers has BB6 as well. You can get it to go there. They have some Vanilla and Coffee Noir left too, as well as Clown Lounge.
Echoes97
AG
Got Mercynary at Growler's, really dig their system as it seems to keep the growler sealed well.

If anyone has any idea where I could find some Clown Lounge in Houston I'd really appreciate it. Thought maybe with the initial barrage down there might be a few around.
62strat
AG
My little beer haul.

All going straight to the cellar!

Cellar is growing slowly but surely. I've cut back on drinking.. but still buying

Avery Jacobs 7/13
Rogue barley 7/13
Stone RIS 7/13
Great divide Wolfgang 7/13
Great divide old ruffian 7/13
DFH 120 8/13
Avery beast 9/13
DFH WW stout 1/14, 2/14, 2/14
Elevation signal 2/14
Firestone sucaba 2/14
St A bishops 5 3/14, 3/14
Avery/RR collab not lit 3/14, 3/14
Stone guardian barley 3/14
Dry dock sig blighs barleywine 3/14
jetch17
AG
Cheers to a good day at work and a deal I have been working on for a long time closing

jetch17
AG
Echoes, I picked up an extra clown lounge today. BRC has them, but for $24 (lol)

I shamed the bartender and he threw in an extra
Green Fairy
AG
Steal of the week....DFH burton baton in the make your own sixer section at buffalo market HEB are ringing up at $1.79/each.
BSD
AG
quote:
Cheers to a good day at work and a deal I have been working on for a long time closing

txaggie05
AG
Drinking an Austin Beerworks Heavy Machinery Double IPA. Delicious.
txaggie05
AG
Double post for a delicious double IPA

[This message has been edited by txaggie05 (edited 3/7/2014 5:40p).]
Ags #1
AG
Wow, Mycenary is awesome!!!
Echoes97
AG
$24!!??! Good lord man, were those barrels lined with high grade coke? Getting a little silly at BRC, damn.
The Beer and I
Sad thing is, the bomber normally costs $15, so the markup really isn't as bad as they markup other beers.

My hotel in New Orleans has a **** selection, but they do have Stone Pale Ale, I forgot how tasty it is.
The Beer and I
Back in the hotel room. Left the kiddy **** in the lobby and cracked open a Velvet Merkin upstairs.
NColoradoAG

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 3/9/2014 12:29a).]
BSD
AG
Wow. Just wow.
jetch17
Jock 07
AG
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
jah003
S
NColorado with the mic drop... Should we just end the beer thread now and start up a new one?
aggiechris06
AG
what's the best way to cleanse your palate in between all those beers. the hardest thing for me is trying to figure out a way to hit the reset button on my palate when I'm trying to taste and identify flavors in consecutive beers in one sitting or evening.

what do y'all think? What's the best way to taste multiple beers in one sitting without having one cancel out the nuances of the others? particular foods that are good for resetting the palate?
NColoradoAG
Lambics really refresh my palate. We had a good mix last night. Water crackers are good too. It's also always good to start with the beers you most want to drink.

But then you get drunk and don't care anymore. That's when you start making cuvees out of the wounded soldiers. Rare and Raspberry Tart were tasty. Also mixed some 08 bcbs with cantillon kriek. Tasted better than cherry rye.
txaggie05
AG
Lock the thread. It's been fun, guys
cpscAG06
AG
damn you Ncolo, damn you
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Playing music at Texas Beer Garden Magnolia tonight and saw on their Facebook page they have Myrcynary on tap. If y'all are in the area come on out. It's a cool little place. They don't have the selection of Hay Merchant or others of that ilk, but they've got some good stuff.
maca1028
quote:

2002 corked and caged la folie and bourbon county vanilla were the best.

2/10 used photobucket wnb
tremble
AG
Good Lord, that lineup
Robert C. Christian
AG
Was the Utopia part of that line up or is it on the counter so you can constantly scoreboard everyone?
Jegan14
AG
I went to Jester King yesterday and the new ones are really good. I took home bottles of Montmorency vs Balaton, Cerveza de Tempranillo, and Ambree. Of the two grape ones I would say the Merlot was better but both were good.
NColoradoAG
Can't wait to hear Hub's Hunahpu day recap. Sounds like it was a **** show of epic proportions.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 3/8/2014 4:45p).]
62strat
AG
I'd like to see NoCos pic, but on mobile it's so damn tiny and I have no idea how to zoom on a photobucket pic or get a bigger version.
Ranger222
AG
Yeah I heard it was horrible. Line to get in was 90 minutes long, and worst of all they ran out of bottles. Some of the pictures on twitter are pretty crazy. Cigar City is taking everything pretty serious, already announced everything is free tomorrow at their tasting room
Ranger222
AG
Reading their Facebook page is actually pretty entertaining right now
BSD
AG
90 minutes? Hell, that's the line for pisser at DLD!

My buddy is there today and had 13 bottles pretty early on. I haven't talked to him to see how it was yet.
BSD
AG
quote:
I'd like to see NoCos pic, but on mobile it's so damn tiny and I have no idea how to zoom on a photobucket pic or get a bigger version.

Click the "non mobile" link at the bottom right and you can expand from there.
BSD
AG
****show indeed at Hunahpu Day...and I'm only on the first post on their Facebook!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=TUIS4-58o4U
aggielax48
AG
Damn, Bourbon County Coffee Stout is f'ing good.
First Page Last Page
Page 403 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.